2 fired over Obama passport file breach

2 fired over Obama passport file breach

There are 893 comments on the www.msnbc.msn.com story from Mar 20, 2008, titled 2 fired over Obama passport file breach. In it, www.msnbc.msn.com reports that:

Two contract employees of the State Department were fired and a third person was disciplined for inappropriately looking at Democratic Sen. Barack Obama's passport file.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.msnbc.msn.com.

First Prev
of 45
Next Last

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Stone Mountain, GA

#1 Mar 20, 2008
HaHa. "Gotcha" type tracking software worked!

It's been credited with catching snooping SOBs several times now.
bill

United States

#2 Mar 20, 2008
mr bush was caught looking at clintons in 2000,but of course nothing was done about it.
Obama Supporter

Ozark, AL

#6 Mar 21, 2008
What would the motive be in accessing where he has been and when he was there? Give me a scenario in which any significant damage could be done by opponents with that information.
Bodine

Sacramento, CA

#7 Mar 21, 2008
WHAT DOES THIS CRIMINAL HAVE TO HIDE ?????

He's probably afraid they will see he's been to Iran several times visiting the Little Hitler and asking for more campaign money.
lestinobambino

Fort Myers, FL

#8 Mar 21, 2008
Honest, clean living, christian, loyal Americans have nothing to hide. Who is upset by this? Dishonest, devious, criminals and phonies. Your all done obama, nobody cares. Go back under your rock and rot.

“Left at Albuquerque, then...”

Since: Nov 07

Knoxville, Tennessee

#9 Mar 21, 2008
Bodine wrote:
He's probably afraid they will see he's been to Iran several times visiting the Little Hitler and asking for more campaign money.
Doesn't matter. They shouldn't have done it. To get the right man (or woman) in office do two things: pray and vote!

“R.I.P Uncle Bernie”

Since: Oct 07

Orange Park, FL

#10 Mar 21, 2008
bill wrote:
mr bush was caught looking at clintons in 2000,but of course nothing was done about it.
That's the difference. It was Bush doing it. These employees (as far as the media has said) were simply working with the government in the capacity of administrative assistant contractors. They were snooping for their own UNCONNECTED reason.

Bush is connected, probably more deepily than we'd all care to realize. That's why he could do that even before he took the presidency. Doesn't make it right AT ALL but it does correspond to political life as we know it.
u r ridiculous

Mcpherson, KS

#11 Mar 21, 2008
I don't understand where people can get the idea that Obama is a muslim extremist as many uneducated right wingers suggest such as Bodine. Get over yourself and ask the real question of who do you want to run your country when it comes to the domestic issues.

“False Prophet”

Since: Jan 08

hamilton

#12 Mar 21, 2008
there is no such thing as 'privacy' for the individual citizen. Privacy laws are only used to keep us from obtainig information about ourselves. for instance, even though drivers licences have photos, police will not give you your licence no.

BTW,,

Is it a crime to drive without your licence in the US?

“R.I.P Uncle Bernie”

Since: Oct 07

Orange Park, FL

#13 Mar 21, 2008
Bodine wrote:
It doesn't matter what you think of Barack Obama but it should worry you that this man's right to privacy has been infringed upon. Do a little research. You'll find that IT IS NOT WITH POLICY for anyone's passport and social security transactions to be open to the public.

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#14 Mar 21, 2008
hinamanu wrote:
there is no such thing as 'privacy' for the individual citizen. Privacy laws are only used to keep us from obtainig information about ourselves. for instance, even though drivers licences have photos, police will not give you your licence no.
BTW,,
Is it a crime to drive without your licence in the US?
Yes it is a crime to drive without a licence do it too many times and you go to jail.
Dave

Hopkins, MN

#15 Mar 21, 2008
I am independent, not politically inclined nor have I ever pledged financial support to any political party or nominee before. However, this time I feel compelled to take a stand on behalf of my kids (4, 9 and 14) and other citizens of this great nation, and because I feel that our country is in peril, and choosing the wrong leader may have grave consequences for us all.

I have no faith in our leaders, nor do I trust the political establishment, be it Republican or Democrat, and I view Mrs. Clinton to represent this establishment. Regrettably, I voted for Bush the first time, and against him the second time, and over the past 7 years, I have seen this great nation drift in the wrong direction, like a ship without a rudder.and Now this to me this is an outrageous breach of security and privacy therefore,as of today I'm going to support Sen.Obama

“Smart@ss”

Location hidden

#16 Mar 21, 2008
Looks like the Bush and Republican political attack squad is at it again, good thing they got caught.
lestinobambino

Fort Myers, FL

#17 Mar 21, 2008
Dave wrote:
I am independent, not politically inclined nor have I ever pledged financial support to any political party or nominee before. However, this time I feel compelled to take a stand on behalf of my kids (4, 9 and 14) and other citizens of this great nation, and because I feel that our country is in peril, and choosing the wrong leader may have grave consequences for us all.
I have no faith in our leaders, nor do I trust the political establishment, be it Republican or Democrat, and I view Mrs. Clinton to represent this establishment. Regrettably, I voted for Bush the first time, and against him the second time, and over the past 7 years, I have seen this great nation drift in the wrong direction, like a ship without a rudder.and Now this to me this is an outrageous breach of security and privacy therefore,as of today I'm going to support Sen.Obama
Yeah, you make sense. Elect a muslim so the terrorists won't attack again.

“False Prophet”

Since: Jan 08

hamilton

#18 Mar 21, 2008
Philip13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is a crime to drive without a licence do it too many times and you go to jail.
No, I mean is it a crime to drive without your photo license even though you have one
lestinobambino

Fort Myers, FL

#19 Mar 21, 2008
Dajokerman wrote:
Looks like the Bush and Republican political attack squad is at it again, good thing they got caught.
"Caught", protecting all our asses, and the world....again!
Dave

Hopkins, MN

#20 Mar 21, 2008
Dajokerman wrote:
I agree with you our government's duty is to protect the private information of the American people, not use it for political purposes.this is an outrageous Indeed

Since: Dec 06

Warrenville, IL

#21 Mar 21, 2008
u r ridiculous wrote:
I don't understand where people can get the idea that Obama is a muslim extremist as many uneducated right wingers suggest such as Bodine. Get over yourself and ask the real question of who do you want to run your country when it comes to the domestic issues.
Certainly not a Democrat that will increase government and social spending so the lazy get more freebies at the taxpayers expense. I won't even get in to the fact that we have 12 to 30 million jobs that Americans were doing but are no longer available due to ILLEGAL immigration which is supported by all the democrats and opposed by most independants and Republicans.I don't trust any of them but I know where the Democrats will leave me i can barly afford to work now it will soon be better for me to go on welfare and work under the table like most welfare recipiants do.

“Smart@ss”

Location hidden

#22 Mar 21, 2008
lestinobambino wrote:
<quoted text>"Caught", protecting all our asses, and the world....again!
And how would they be protecting us by trying to look for dirt on a political party rival?

This falls right into the mold of the bush and rove's justice department with the abuse of power to get dirt and cause political damaging investagations to sway a election.

And now you hear on the news that the contractors were fired right away without being interviewed by the higher mangament. so now they can't even legally charge or even interveiw those that was fired to see if they shared any of the infomation with anyone else, doesn't that sound funny?

How then, is that protecting us?
impeach Bush

Bethlehem, PA

#23 Mar 21, 2008
lestinobambino wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you make sense. Elect a muslim so the terrorists won't attack again.
Too bad you don't make sense. Obama is not a Muslim. That is a well known, simple fact. I assume you have nothing else to attack him for, so you go for the far-fetched boogeyman stories. you're going to hate it when he is our president.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 45
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min THE DEVIL 1,277,153
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 27 min Crow__ 193,974
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Arkie 196,954
News Republicans LOVE Comparing Immigrants (and Tour... 6 hr wild child 1
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 11 hr ritedownthemiddle 34,475
News Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) 12 hr Swedenforever 460
News Obama's 2nd term travails: A lame duck before h... (Jul '14) 13 hr Go Blue Forever 83
More from around the web