US economy added 69K jobs in May, fewest in a year

There are 20 comments on the Boston.com story from Jun 1, 2012, titled US economy added 69K jobs in May, fewest in a year. In it, Boston.com reports that:

In this Thursday, May 31, 2012, job seekers gather for employment opportunities at the 11th annual Skid Row Career Fair at the Los Angeles Mission in Los Angeles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
datruth

Waleska, GA

#1 Jun 1, 2012
How many will there be in June? That's the real question, not "why didn't we make enough in May?" We need to look forward to the future, because the past won't change anything.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#2 Jun 1, 2012
And as long as reTHUGlicans continue fearmongering, holding the deficit and the economy hostage, and encouraging their Wall St. buddies to hold the line on loans, the money supply, etc. this will continue despite the best efforts of the administration.

Let Romney take office and reTHUGlicans gain majorities in both houses, however, and you'll what gains we've made rolled back as we follow the failed IMF "austerity" measures back down into another massive recession.

That's the choice in November, appparently - slow recovery or backsliding into disaster.

Think about that when you're thinking about voting for Romney.
liza

Fairmont, WV

#3 Jun 1, 2012
The whole country is more worried today by
these figures!!Its like a cats covering up
his business in our own back yard. HOW
do you libs look your neighbors in the face
now? Obama will have an excuse for you tomorrow..
In our little town we have shops that
have been in business for 50yrs are boarded up.
Traveling 20 miles to a grocery store is a
hardship on the people. Do you libs even
understand when he comes out and tries to
cover this mess and make you think its better.
IF he changes this by Oct., I'll vomit,'cause
if he can now, hes screwed us for years.
I can feel the hurt, why can't you, or why
don't you care? Are you really Americans?
???

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#4 Jun 1, 2012
harvey wrote:
Romney can blame Obama for everything for the next four years :)
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Jun 1, 2012
From the White House..."It's not my fault..."

I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#6 Jun 1, 2012
A very dismal report on jobs as the unemployment rate ticked up a notch to 8.2%... the Bush years really damaged this economy and the republicans in the congress has done everything to stop the recovery that President Obama began when he pulled our financial system from the edge of total collapse with his policies.

In his second term, President Obama’s policies will blunt republicans efforts to tank the economy…
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Jun 1, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
A very dismal report on jobs as the unemployment rate ticked up a notch to 8.2%... the Bush years really damaged this economy and the republicans in the congress has done everything to stop the recovery that President Obama began when he pulled our financial system from the edge of total collapse with his policies.
In his second term, President Obama’s policies will blunt republicans efforts to tank the economy…
<yawn>

see my previous post.

Since: Sep 08

Placitas, NM

#8 Jun 1, 2012
While the numbers are disappointing, they also represent the 29th straight month of private sector growth.

And the Repukes obstruction and austerity has deeply aggravated the slowness of the recovery. As Krugman points out:

"...And once you take the effects of public spending on private employment into account, a rough estimate is that the unemployment rate would be 1.5 percentage points lower than it is, or below 7 percent — significantly better than the Reagan economy at this stage.

At this point in the Reagan recovery, Krugman notes, government purchases rose 11.6 percent; they’re down 2.6 percent under Obama. During the Reagan recovery, government employment rose 3.1 percent; under Obama, it is down 2.7 percent. Under Obama, government spending rose 2.6 percent during the first two-and-a-half years of the recovery, compared to a 10.2 percent rise under Reagan. http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/03/05/4...

Allentown, PA

#9 Jun 1, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Ask Harry Reid (D-NV) the Senate Majority leader why he refuses to bring employment/business bills to the floor.
Is Obama and Reid working a hustle on the American public?

Allentown, PA

#10 Jun 1, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
While the numbers are disappointing, they also represent the 29th straight month of private sector growth.
And the Repukes obstruction and austerity has deeply aggravated the slowness of the recovery. As Krugman points out:
"...And once you take the effects of public spending on private employment into account, a rough estimate is that the unemployment rate would be 1.5 percentage points lower than it is, or below 7 percent — significantly better than the Reagan economy at this stage.
At this point in the Reagan recovery, Krugman notes, government purchases rose 11.6 percent; they’re down 2.6 percent under Obama. During the Reagan recovery, government employment rose 3.1 percent; under Obama, it is down 2.7 percent. Under Obama, government spending rose 2.6 percent during the first two-and-a-half years of the recovery, compared to a 10.2 percent rise under Reagan. http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/03/05/4...
Obama could "create" 100,000's of jobs if his azz wasn't bought and paid for by San Francisco/Sierra Club interests.

Allentown, PA

#11 Jun 1, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Here you go Pop Eye, Obama's new video:

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#12 Jun 1, 2012
harvey wrote:
And as long as reTHUGlicans continue fearmongering, holding the deficit and the economy hostage, and encouraging their Wall St. buddies to hold the line on loans, the money supply, etc. this will continue despite the best efforts of the administration.
Let Romney take office and reTHUGlicans gain majorities in both houses, however, and you'll what gains we've made rolled back as we follow the failed IMF "austerity" measures back down into another massive recession.
That's the choice in November, appparently - slow recovery or backsliding into disaster.
By all means, let's re-elect Oblunder so we can can another 4 yers of nothing but blaming bush.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#13 Jun 1, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Obama's efforts are tanking the economy. Racist schmuck.
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#14 Jun 1, 2012
So too the Stock market...hows yer 401Ks loons...Change Ya can Believe in.??.Ready to enter extreme poverty??Then Suck On OBAMAS BS.....whats in yer Wallet ??

This PUTZ gotta go....GOD DAMMING AMERICA!

ITS THE ECONOMY STUPID!!
morons united

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Jun 1, 2012
Most of the jobs added are yacht washers and yacht toilet cleaners. That's trickle down economics.

“Orwell said this would happen.”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#16 Jun 1, 2012
Since our population grows at about 3,000,000 per year, job growth at only 69,000 is really negative job growth.
Sly Fox

Stuart, FL

#17 Jun 1, 2012
liza wrote:
The whole country is more worried today by
these figures!!Its like a cats covering up
his business in our own back yard. HOW
do you libs look your neighbors in the face
now? Obama will have an excuse for you tomorrow..
In our little town we have shops that
have been in business for 50yrs are boarded up.
Traveling 20 miles to a grocery store is a
hardship on the people. Do you libs even
understand when he comes out and tries to
cover this mess and make you think its better.
IF he changes this by Oct., I'll vomit,'cause
if he can now, hes screwed us for years.
I can feel the hurt, why can't you, or why
don't you care? Are you really Americans?
???
Our campaign to educate voters is having an impact and Liberals are getting nervous. Efforts and support of organizations like TheTeaParty.net is giving a voice to the previously silent majority. A few words for President Obama, Harry Reid, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters: The Tea Party has not gone "straight to hell" and we are coming in November to finish the job we started in 2010 to take back America!

November 2012 may be THE most important election in our lifetimes. Never before has the need been greater for individuals to stand up against a government that has forgotten who they were elected to represent.

The tea party movement would not have been necessary but for spineless politicians who refuse to make the needed choices to reign in spending, focusing rather on what will win them the next election. We have taken names and it's time those determined to sell out America are removed from office.

Many in the media and Liberal movement would love to declare the tea party dead! They underestimated our strength in 2010 and they will again in November.

Help us prove them wrong and defeat Barack Obama's liberal agenda
River Veteran

Roswell, GA

#18 Jun 1, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Shut Up you Dumb FUk! The Bush years....The Bush Years...Really you lying POS.....Really! The DemocRATs CONTOLLED a filabuster proof House and Senate.

Obama had the White House and Demoncraps controlled everything and they did NOTHING to create jobs. Please don't come back with the stimulus because i will come back with a link showing your messiah, Obama LAUGHING about the shovel ready jobs not being shovel ready!

Obama had control of EVERYTHING and instead of trying to help Americans out of work...he went and passed an unconstitutional health care bill. Oh...and please don't try and say that it is constitutional, etc... because even your Messiah admitted this week to donors that he needs 4 more years to work on health care...because it's about the be struck down!

Ohhhhh I can't wait until Nov when this lying azz clown gets voted out. You know it's coming...I can tell by the nervousness in your posts!

nah, nah, nahhhh nah
nah, nah, nahhhhh nah
hey, hey, hey
Good-bye!
River Veteran

Roswell, GA

#19 Jun 1, 2012
morons united wrote:
Most of the jobs added are yacht washers and yacht toilet cleaners. That's trickle down economics.
yeah....yacht washers and toilet cleaners for all the Democrat yacht owners like Kerry!

You do know that the DemocRAT party is the party of the RICH don't you?????
River Veteran

Roswell, GA

#20 Jun 1, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
Bwaaah a ha ha ha

ha

ha

ha

Your handle says 'Fox lies' and yet you post a link from thinkPROGRESS.org ....really??????? You're kind of like the pot calling the kettle black aren't you!

Typical, Pathetic Moron!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min RoxLo 1,224,070
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min positronium 187,833
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min McDermott 180,338
News Prosecutor in Garner case nears election to Con... 34 min Le Jimbo 1
News Gingrich: Romney will win 'over 300 electoral v... (Oct '12) 2 hr swedenforever 19
News Chris Christie Cleared of Any Wrongdoing in Bri... 2 hr swedenforever 4
News Michigan's Snyder Signs Bill Raising Minimum Wage (May '14) 6 hr swedenforever 16
More from around the web