Romney Signs on to Anti-Gay Group's Campaign Pledge

There are 12989 comments on the EDGE story from Aug 5, 2011, titled Romney Signs on to Anti-Gay Group's Campaign Pledge. In it, EDGE reports that:

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has signed on to a campaign pledge created by the anti-gay National Organization for Marriage, a group that seeks to obstruct marriage equality and, in states where gay and lesbian families are legally allowed to wed, to roll family parity back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#11285 May 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem, but for the 96% of the population that isn't gay, it's a disorder.
No it isn't, Dr. Wondering. It's just different... something you seem scared to death of, so you call it a disorder. No one could possibly have an innate attraction to others of the same sex, could they? It seems as though you suffer from a disorder called narcissism:
An obvious self-focus in interpersonal exchanges
A lack of psychological awareness (see insight in psychology and psychiatry, egosyntonic)
Difficulty with empathy
Problems distinguishing the self from others (see narcissism and boundaries)
Hypersensitivity to any insults or imagined insults (see criticism and narcissists, narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury)
Flattery towards people who admire and affirm them (narcissistic supply)
Detesting those who do not admire them (narcissistic abuse)
Using other people without considering the cost of doing so
Pretending to be more important than they really are
Bragging (subtly but persistently) and exaggerating their achievements
Inability to view the world from the perspective of other people

Hmmmm..... that last one is you.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#11286 May 27, 2012
0h -- Really wrote:
That you SAY "all citizens", but all you really care about is the gay ones.
Actually I abide by the Amendment and the jurisprudence. Which is to say I support equal protection of the law for ALL PERSONS, unless there is a compelling state interest served by denying such protection. Thus far you have lacked the competence to indicate any such interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry.
0h -- Really wrote:
It's illegal, just like the things I mentioned.
Are you mental? You cannot cite same-sex marriage as being illegal as support for same-sex marriage being illegal. That inherently does not pass muster. What state interest is served by making same sex marriage illegal, which makes such a ban constitutional?

Feel free to indicate a legitimate state interest served by denying same sex couples the right to marry, I donít think you are smart enough to do so. Which is sort of supported by the fact that you have indicated gay marriage bans as support for gay marriage bans.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#11287 May 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, just like it isn't normal for a person with the flu to feel well.
Your analogy is flawed.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#11288 May 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Your believing that there is this "irrational fear and hatred for gay folks" is just another one of your disorders.
But ya ARE irrational, Blanche!

Claiming that being gay is a disorder IS irrational.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11289 May 27, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't, Dr. Wondering. It's just different...
Sure is, no argument there.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11290 May 27, 2012
lides wrote:
Are you mental? You cannot cite same-sex marriage as being illegal as support for same-sex marriage being illegal.
You do it all the time with polygamy. You must be mental, Justice Dumbass.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#11291 May 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure is, no argument there.
Thank you.

Now explain why you think different = wrong. I am gay. You have a different sexual orientation than I do. I don't think you are wrong, just different. I don't insist that everyone should be gay and if they're not, they are disordered. Some people are gay and most people are straight. That's just reality. Obsessing over other people's sex lives makes you look depraved.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11292 May 27, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
Obsessing over other people's sex lives makes you look depraved.
Once again, I don't care about your sex life. In fact, I would prefer it if you kept it to yourself, especially at public elementary schools.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#11293 May 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
You do it all the time with polygamy.
No, I don't. I have indicated time and time again that polygamy seeks inherently greater protection of the law for three or more persons. Each time you bring up this inept argument all that you prove is that counting is not your strong suit (actually I don't think you have a strong suit), and that you have no valid argument against marriage equality.

Since: May 12

Coon Rapids, MN

#11294 May 27, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly One, you didn't even read the headline.
Gay folks are sooooo fascinating and worthy of terror, that Romney felt the need to publically sign a pledge to harm them.
It's Romney demanding the attention as an avowed bigot, not the gay Americans he's pledging to harm.
I'd love to hear your definition of "harm", in that context.

Coon Rapids, MN

#11295 May 27, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't. I have indicated time and time again that polygamy seeks inherently greater protection of the law for three or more persons. Each time you bring up this inept argument all that you prove is that counting is not your strong suit (actually I don't think you have a strong suit), and that you have no valid argument against marriage equality.
The point is your "equality" is limited to the people you approve of,
...just like ours is. We're wrong for being "bigoted" that way, but somehow, we're supposed to accept that it's OK for you.
(smh...)

Coon Rapids, MN

#11296 May 27, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Incredibly wrong answer. http://www.kenilworth-presbyterian.org.za/upc...
kenilworth-presbyterian . org...???
Really?

(lol...)

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#11297 May 27, 2012
0h -- Really wrote:
The point is your "equality" is limited to the people you approve of,
No, it's not. I have even supported the right of Westboro Baptist Church, the KKK, and many others to free speech, even though they choose to use that freedom hatefully.

Nowhere have I ever said I don't support equality for others. Your inept assertions regarding polygamy, incest, bestiality, pedophilia, etc have already been addressed as a matter of law, and as I have indicated before bans against them serve both rational, as well as compelling state interests. You have yet to offer even a rational basis to deny same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry. It is hardly my fault that you lack the competence to make a valid argument for your position.
0h -- Really wrote:
...just like ours is.
No, yours is just bigoted tripe with no rational basis.
0h -- Really wrote:
We're wrong for being "bigoted" that way, but somehow, we're supposed to accept that it's OK for you.
(smh...)
You are trying to hold fellow US citizens as second-class citizens with less than equal protection of the laws. thus far you have failed to indicate even so much as a rational basis for doing so. Feel free to make a valid argument for your position, I think you lack the capacity to do so.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11298 May 27, 2012
lides wrote:
1. No, I don't.
2. I have indicated time and time again that polygamy seeks inherently greater protection of the law for three or more persons.
1. Yes you do.
2. Meaningless. Any family of 3 or more gets "greater protection."
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#11299 May 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, I don't care about your sex life. In fact, I would prefer it if you kept it to yourself, especially at public elementary schools.
If you don't care then what's your problem? Evidently you DO care. You care so much you are willing to lie and ignore science in a feeble minded attempt to get your point across. It's not working. The general public is waking up to your agenda.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#11300 May 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Yes you do.
2. We're talking about marriages. There are no 3 person marriages.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11301 May 27, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't care then what's your problem?
Asking that question puts you right up there with lides on the dumb scale.
Romney Lacks th delegates

Union City, NJ

#11302 May 27, 2012
Romney Lacks The Delegates
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#11303 May 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Asking that question puts you right up there with lides on the dumb scale.
There are no dumb questions, just dumb answers: and you proved that one.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#11304 May 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
I suppose if one is an idiot, they do. Feel free to explain how they have greater protection of the law, be specific.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min SkippyTheHappyHippy 182,535
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Chicagoan by Birth 1,233,398
News Rick Santorum faces steep climb in second White... 10 min Your Ex 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Rogue Scholar 05 189,983
News Obama wins trade victory in the Senate 6 hr swedenforever 9
News How Obama's amnesty backfire could effect the 2... 8 hr wild child 1
News Obama loses second bid on overhaul of immigration 12 hr Venceremos 33
More from around the web