2M jobless set to lose unemployment benefits

Nov 12, 2012 Full story: KCRA-TV Sacramento 38

More than 2 million jobless Americans will lose their federal unemployment insurance during the holidays if Congress doesn't extend the deadline to file for extended benefits.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#22 Nov 13, 2012
one for all all for one wrote:
Congressional Republicans always trying to hold things up. Continually trying to block the President's policies. Whatever good the president wants to try and do for average Americans, you can bet the Republicans aren't for it. As for someone saying that Romney would have produced 2 million jobs. How? Ridiculous. He never had a plan or told us how he was going to do it. The point is, he wouldn't have and most of the American people knew it.
I'm still waiting to see the results of the plan Obama said he had back in 08.
Chicopee

Danbury, CT

#23 Nov 13, 2012
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting to see the results of the plan Obama said he had back in 08.
Aren't we all?

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#24 Nov 14, 2012
a lot of those people have been on unemployment for more than 2 years, which means it's time for them to get it together and get a job, even a minimum wage job for goodness sake.
.
used to be, 13 weeks was the limit, then they upped it to 26, then again, then again, then to 99 weeks!!
.
it's time for people to stop resting on their laurels, or start claiming the cash they've been earning doing side jobs.
Baal

Austin, TX

#25 Nov 16, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's going to provide the "obamacare??" I know it ain't.........free!!
Odummercare if a crock. Have to buy insurance or be fined by the IRS. If you do not pay the fine then the IRS goes after your assetts, whatever they may be. That is the reason the IRS is handeling the fine.
Insurance companies can charge whatever they want for the coverage and if you cannot pay then you do not get the insurance or are dropped and are fined. There is no price control of what they can charge.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#26 Nov 16, 2012
Baal wrote:
<quoted text>
Odummercare if a crock. Have to buy insurance or be fined by the IRS. If you do not pay the fine then the IRS goes after your assetts, whatever they may be. That is the reason the IRS is handeling the fine.
Insurance companies can charge whatever they want for the coverage and if you cannot pay then you do not get the insurance or are dropped and are fined. There is no price control of what they can charge.
actually, there are caps based on your AGI, and if they charge you too much, then they have to refund you.
and.....
as a single person, the fine is something like $700 a year, and it is put against your deductable.
if a person is so broke that they can't afford the fine, chances are they qualify for medicaid.
Baal

Austin, TX

#27 Nov 16, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, there are caps based on your AGI, and if they charge you too much, then they have to refund you.
and.....
as a single person, the fine is something like $700 a year, and it is put against your deductable.
if a person is so broke that they can't afford the fine, chances are they qualify for medicaid.
Ahh yes, Medicaid, universal healthcare for the poor and or disabled.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#28 Nov 16, 2012
Baal wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh yes, Medicaid, universal healthcare for the poor and or disabled.
otherwise known as the main insurer of Walmart employees.
Baal

Austin, TX

#29 Nov 17, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
otherwise known as the main insurer of Walmart employees.
And the 200,000 or so annual anchor babies born here by illegal aliens.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#30 Nov 17, 2012
Baal wrote:
<quoted text>
And the 200,000 or so annual anchor babies born here by illegal aliens.
over 80% of walmart employees get foodstamps
over 50% are enrolled in medicaid.
.
profit over people right?
Baal

Austin, TX

#31 Nov 17, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
over 80% of walmart employees get foodstamps
over 50% are enrolled in medicaid.
.
profit over people right?
Of course it is, also they have mostly part time employees so as to avoid the whole company healthcare.
With Obamacare many more companies will be doing just what Wal Mart has been doing.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#32 Nov 19, 2012
Baal wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is, also they have mostly part time employees so as to avoid the whole company healthcare.
With Obamacare many more companies will be doing just what Wal Mart has been doing.
Yup.
Here's Boeing's announcement: http://www.cnbc.com/id/49729998/Boeing_Announ...

And some others: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercool...

In addition, small that would make them liable for fines and additional health care costs.

Meanwhile, progressives in some states are pushing for higher minimum wages and for automatic increases to the minimum wage. The small businesses (middle class) are getting squeezed out of existence. Only the large corporations will be able to survive as they pass their costs on to their customers.
Chicopee

Danbury, CT

#33 Nov 19, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
over 80% of walmart employees get foodstamps
over 50% are enrolled in medicaid.
.
profit over people right?
Do you have links to back up these stats, or are you quoting an article that loosely quotes one study in the state of California?
And of course, you understand that many SNAP and TANF recipients are allowed to earn up to a certain amount of wages per month without it affecting their benefits, right?
Which makes Walmart a suitable employer. Minimum wage at entry level and most Walmarts are located on municiple transportation lines.
There's two sides to every coin.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#34 Nov 20, 2012
Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have links to back up these stats, or are you quoting an article that loosely quotes one study in the state of California?
And of course, you understand that many SNAP and TANF recipients are allowed to earn up to a certain amount of wages per month without it affecting their benefits, right?
Which makes Walmart a suitable employer. Minimum wage at entry level and most Walmarts are located on municiple transportation lines.
There's two sides to every coin.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/10/1141... #

http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post.aspx...

(there are many more, but if you choose to believe that WalMart treats it's employees fairly, then there's no point in providing links right?)
Chicopee

Danbury, CT

#35 Nov 20, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/10/1141... #
http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post.aspx...
(there are many more, but if you choose to believe that WalMart treats it's employees fairly, then there's no point in providing links right?)
Exactly where in my post did I say anything about how Walmart treats their employees? Jump to conclusions much?
I merely pointed out that a lot of people who are recieving both means tested aid and many who are on Social Security disability can and do work part-time jobs without affecting their benefits. In which case, Walmart would fit the bill.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#36 Nov 21, 2012
Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly where in my post did I say anything about how Walmart treats their employees? Jump to conclusions much?
I merely pointed out that a lot of people who are recieving both means tested aid and many who are on Social Security disability can and do work part-time jobs without affecting their benefits. In which case, Walmart would fit the bill.
except that they keep them part time for that purpose.
that's what the strike is about on Black Friday; Walmart workers that want to be full-time but the company keeps them part-time and sends them to the government to get subsidies.
(and excuse me for jumping to conclusions, my bad)
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#37 Nov 21, 2012
Two million to lose their benefits?
Now there's a story to warm the hearts of
a million teabaggers.

Wish for the worst and your wishes might
come true.

Happy, happy Teabag Land.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#38 Nov 21, 2012
Gary wrote:
Two million to lose their benefits?
Now there's a story to warm the hearts of
a million teabaggers.
Wish for the worst and your wishes might
come true.
Happy, happy Teabag Land.
Maybe if they hurry they can beat those 800,000 illegals Obama deferred to those low paying jobs no one else wants to do.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#39 Nov 24, 2012
Gary wrote:
Two million to lose their benefits?
Now there's a story to warm the hearts of
a million teabaggers.
Wish for the worst and your wishes might
come true.
Happy, happy Teabag Land.
Seriously?
You must realize that the TEA party did not win the elections and are not in control of the Government, not have they been at any time.

The millions losing their benefits should look to the PROGRESSIVES who have been in control for almost a decade, have been promising that they are standing up for the middle class but, in fact, have been robbing them blind.

Each year, another trillion dollars spent that we don't have. What's that mean? It. Means another $3000 debt on the back of each and every man, woman and child in America. That means Obama has cost each of us over $12000 since being elected. And more debt to come.

Who can afford this. The wealthy? Hah! They don't pay taxes, they pass them on. The poor? With what?
Only the middle class shoulder this burden and the PROGRESSIVES know it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min johnplustwomore 1,156,637
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min wojar 182,297
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr IND 165,586
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 5 hr dont drink the ko... 33,491
Part One: Blacks Unchain Yourselves From Planta... 5 hr Swedenforever 34
The uncomfortable truth about racism in America 6 hr redsfanstl 312
Democrats optimistic on 2016 presidential chances 12 hr Guess Who 8
More from around the web