Obama renews call for aid to halt tea...

Obama renews call for aid to halt teacher layoffs

There are 295 comments on the Northern Michigan News story from Aug 18, 2012, titled Obama renews call for aid to halt teacher layoffs. In it, Northern Michigan News reports that:

Tight school budgets have meant fewer teachers, larger classes and shorter school years, according to a White House report that President Barack Obama says shows the need for Congress to pass his proposals to help states reduce teacher layoffs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northern Michigan News.

Inconvient Truth

United States

#295 Sep 24, 2012
People, we need to face facts, obama is a failure, a failure to the extent that he makes Jimmy Carter look like a great president.

obama promised us change and that is what we got, a change in the shrinking of the middle class, a drastic change in gas prices, a change in being able to find employment, and a change in the increase in people receiving public assistance.
Obama is a failure by his own standards having failed on many of his campaign promises and now he wants four MORE years to steer this country deeper into debt and in general a path of failure for this country. He has turned American values upside down, under his watch working hard and making money has become a BAD thing. Realize that it is you and not the government that is responsible for you. Despite the obama actions a nanny government should not and must not become the main source of support for the average man.

Being that I am involved in the purchase of precious metals I will be much better off, on a personal note, if obama gets reelected, however, being a proud American I understand that we can not allow another four years.

Either way, I win, can you say the same?

Since: Jan 10

Las Vegas, NV

#296 Sep 24, 2012
Education of children is a parent's responsibility

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#297 Sep 24, 2012
Republican Plan wrote:
The GOP's plan to lower the debt and stay in power is to do away with our education system and dumb down our society. Keep em dumb and they will vote republican. What a strategy!
Right! Sure thing Skippy. Have any evidence of this claim that Republicans seek to end the US education system? ROFLMAO!

Yea I didn't think you had any evidence. Typical made up bullsh1t from the brain dead left.
Obama Ass Lickers

AOL

#298 Sep 24, 2012
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! Sure thing Skippy. Have any evidence of this claim that Republicans seek to end the US education system? ROFLMAO!
Yea I didn't think you had any evidence. Typical made up bullsh1t from the brain dead left.
The "SMOOTH BRAIN" democrats need their LIS 1 meds ASAP...
Le Dumbo

Johnson City, TN

#299 Sep 24, 2012
Obama Ass Lickers wrote:
<quoted text>The "SMOOTH BRAIN" democrats need their LIS 1 meds ASAP...
Based on your screen name you like licking a black man's ass. Would you be willing to suck a white man's c*** for a few bucks or are you racist?
Papillon

Sacramento, CA

#301 Sep 25, 2012
********** REMEMBER IN NOVEMMER **********

Better a God-loving Mormon, than koran-totin' racist islmofascist in the White House.

I am Papillon and I approve this message.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#302 Sep 25, 2012
StopTalkingToYouself wrote:
<quoted text>FYI: There were only 13 colonies at the time the founding fathers wrote the Constitution. We are not 50 different countries we are are one the United States of America. United not separate! Read it again and take the blinders of this time.
Re read. It is the same regardless of the number. Tell me where you find that we are to operate as one please. Because the Federalist Papers and Anti Federalist Papers agree that the Constitution doesn't consolidate the independent states. But you're uneducated and unread.

Location hidden

#303 Sep 25, 2012
StopTalkingToYouself wrote:
<quoted text>Stop trying to pretend you are a Constitutional scholar instead read it and have an adult explain the big words to you in a way your simple mind can understand it. You fools on the right hate the USA and want to take us back to 1812. We like 2012!
Take us back? Are you stupid? The Constitution only has one method of change. Which you don't know, apparently.

Location hidden

#304 Sep 25, 2012
$16 TRILLION

Nothing in Obama's record trumps that. Since he's a pathetic, stealing Marxist.
Kermudgeon

Buffalo, NY

#305 Sep 26, 2012
Teachers: Give up on the outrageous salaries you make. They're unsustainable.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#306 Sep 26, 2012
WHy do we worry about money? We can just print more.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#308 Sep 27, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
WHy do we worry about money? We can just print more.
the only reason why money is worth anything is - because people BELIEVE it is worth something.

once people stop believing it is worth something, they will not want to work for it.

once people don't want to work anymore... who is going to grow the crops to feed the masses? or produce the goods that we want to buy?

understand?

people need rewards to push them to accomplish deeds. otherwise, they will not have any ambition.

quote, "why worry about money? we can just print more of it."

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#309 Sep 27, 2012
STOP the FOREIGN AID...and maybe our piggy banks will once again be full..AND we won't have to borrow from any country to continue OUR daily expenditures.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#310 Sep 27, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
STOP the FOREIGN AID...and maybe our piggy banks will once again be full..AND we won't have to borrow from any country to continue OUR daily expenditures.
I agree with you.

we shouldn't be giving so much money to other countries. last year, according to the hudson institute, we gave 326+ BILLION to foreign countries.
http://gpr.hudson.org/

this should stop. we should not permit anybody in america - the government, corporation, or any citizen - to continue doing this.

no other country in the world donates so much. outrageous.

much of this money is going to countries who hate us too. unbelievable.

Since: Jan 10

Las Vegas, NV

#311 Sep 27, 2012
Chicago teachers = putting kids second (or lower)
Kermudgeon

Buffalo, NY

#312 Sep 27, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
That will happen...NOT!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#315 Oct 3, 2012
Why would the WH pit the parents and homeowners against the teachers?

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#316 Oct 4, 2012
ROUND WON: Romney Seized Offense in Debate...

You Were Fighting For Obamacare, Not Jobs...

'The Path We’re Taking Is Not Working'...

FOURNIER: Cursed Obama Falls...

MSNBC MATTHEWS:'What Was He Doing!'

Cutter takes swipe at Lehrer...

Carville:'Romney came with a chainsaw'...

Andrew Sullivan:'This was a disaster'...

CNN POLL: Romney Annihilates...

Van Jones:'Was Able To 'Out-Obama Obama'...

Romney won, says -- San Francisco?

Michael Moore:'This is what happens when u pick John Kerry as your debate coach'...

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#317 Oct 4, 2012
RayOne wrote:
Why would the WH pit the parents and homeowners against the teachers?
Because Obama is the Great Divider

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#319 Oct 7, 2012
First of all if Obama and the rest of the idiots in government would hold the parents and the students accountable instead of the teachers then maybe teachers would not be quitting left and right! I am a teacher and I have no problem being held accountable for the things that I am 100% responsible for like my lesson plans, teaching, classroom management, etc.!!! It all goes back to HOME TRAINING so it is time that people quit dogging teachers and take a look in the mirror!!!! We are setting up the kids for failure because in the real world there are no accommodations for a kid that is outright lazy...well yes there is...he can live off the government!!! Having a true disability and pretending to have one are two different things!!!! Everybody wants to b treated equal but not work as hard as the person next door!! This country is going to shit and will continue to go to shit until our government changes!!!! I would love for Obama or Jindal to switch jobs with me for two months, salary included, so I can implement changes every other day and expect more and more from them and not the students while I am living on their income, eating organic food but siding with Monsanto against labeling GMO food!!!! Teachers can't even TEACH anymore with all the dam paperwork we have to do!!!!!!! One last thing, for those of you that think teachers are garbage and we don't deserve shit, I would love for you to walk in my shoes for just one month!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 228,497
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Rogue Scholar 05 216,614
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 48 min ritedownthemiddle 1,394,832
News Poll: Should Hillary Clinton choose Cory Booker... 51 min mad madge 1
News Donald Trump accuses judge of having a conflict... 3 hr Chilli J 286
News IAAF issues guidelines on Russian track athletes 4 hr Test 2
News With tears and resolve, immigrants vow to keep ... Fri Not Immigrants 1
More from around the web