Conservatives expect Barack Obama re-...

Conservatives expect Barack Obama re-election in US

There are 911 comments on the The Guardian story from Sep 17, 2012, titled Conservatives expect Barack Obama re-election in US. In it, The Guardian reports that:

Downing Street officials are preparing for what they expect will be victory for Barack Obama in the US presidential election in November and defeat for Mitt Romney, the Republican challenger, who is a natural Tory ally.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

First Prev
of 46
Next Last

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#968 Oct 3, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Dufus,The GWB<regime attempted numerous times to repeal the Clinton
CRA act that was doomed to fail before it began? democrats blocked every
attempt by GWB to do so!! get your facts straight before your spewing of
Commie Bull Sh*t!!
Again, no policy from the government can force banks into the massively leveraged position into which they put themselves.

The government did not say, "Banks, you must make hundreds of billions of dollars in bad loans".

It didn't happen.

The ONLY way banks get into the position they got into was by thinking they could make money doing it.

And they did. They made BILLIONS doing what they were doing. The problem is, they still had their hand in the cookie jar when the lid slammed shut.

I love that fact that you guys complain about how ineffectual the government is AND complain that the government is so effectual it can cause this stuff.

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#969 Oct 3, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how Keyes didn't even make it in the top ten of the MINORITY party.
Quiver quietly in fear, little girl.

Conservatives are far more concerned with being TRUTHFUL and standing right before God than the elementary school popularity contests you breathlessly participate in.

“Get RIGHT or be left”

www.dreamindemon.com

#970 Oct 3, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's do it.
Stock market - Up under Obama down under Bush
Job totals - Up under Obama, down under Bush
Number of wars Bush got us into: 2
Number of wars Obama got us into: 0
Number of wars Bush got us out of: 0
Number of Wars Obama got us out of: 1
Number of times Osama Bin Laden was killed under Bush: 0
Number of times OBL was killed under Obama: 1
Number of times New Orleans was destroyed under Obama: 0
HA HA HA HA HA HA

Your post is PERFECT! Thank you!

It shows to total blind allegiance to moronic thought and relativist history that Obama needs to keep getting you to contribute to his losing campaign, as he gets to keep the money when it is all over with.

“Get RIGHT or be left”

www.dreamindemon.com

#971 Oct 3, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't even explained your statement that Alan Keyes "isn't a diplomat"..when in fact he is, as it was his job within the Federal Gov't. for a decade or so.
And sorry, but you lefties don't get to define, or ignore, history. Sarah Palin was indeed a governor, and she did good for the state of Alaska, brokering an oil deal that was very popular with the state, among other things.
And of course "What newspapers do you read?" is a "gotcha" question, framed by liberals, for liberals. NO one reads newspapers anymore, and the leftist media knows it. The internet has opened the door to raw, unfiltered, and un-slanted news for all, no need to be bound by what some editor decides you need to read. "What have you seen around Boston?" A "third grade" question? How many third-graders do you think have even BEEN to Boston? Nah, the leftist media had it in for Palin from the get go, and we know it. Frankly, I've been to Boston exactly once, and we hit all the historical stuff, but other than that, it's just another city, and I don't care much for cities.
Funny you are still stuck on the writing notes on your hand thing, while you give Obama a pass for taking a teleprompter with him to speak to third-graders...now THAT'S irony!
Don't think Palin has a shot at President? Well, folks thought Reagan's political career was over before 1980, and he'd hardly begun...
Tremendous post!

Hitting on all 8 cylinders!

(Liberals hate that because it is not "green")

“Get RIGHT or be left”

www.dreamindemon.com

#972 Oct 3, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't have even a passing grasp on foreign policy which, more than anything, is what the President deals with the most on a day to day basis.
Further, his 9-9-9 plan may be appealing to the intellectually lazy because it's easy to remember, but the plan would literally destroy the economy.
<quoted text>
Cain dropped out of the race. Reporters aren't in the business of tracking down stories about people who AREN'T running for president.
And Cain was NEVER an Obama opponent. He was never even close to being Obama's opponent. He was Romney's opponent. If you want to know who took Cain down, look around the GOP.
<quoted text>
How has he not shown leadership? Are we better off on the world stage than we were 4 years ago? Absolutely. Unquestionably.
<quoted text>
How is it racist to point out that Bush's lack of response to Katrina was largely due to what people lived there. Had Katrine hit Boston, the response would have been categorically different.
"He doesn't have even a passing grasp on foreign policy which, more than anything, is what the President deals with the most on a day to day basis."

Post citations to support your ASSertion that Cain is inept with foreign policy.

Also, please post Obama's extensive resume with foreign policy.

If you need me to, I can post Obama's ABJECT foreign policy FAILURES.

"Further, his 9-9-9 plan may be appealing to the intellectually lazy because it's easy to remember, but the plan would literally destroy the economy."

How so? And, tell me about your economics degree and how you arrived at your conclusion...

"Cain dropped out of the race. Reporters aren't in the business of tracking down stories about people who AREN'T running for president."

Really? Do the names Newt Gingrich and Gary Hart mean anything to you?

"How has he not shown leadership? Are we better off on the world stage than we were 4 years ago? Absolutely. Unquestionably."

Your ignorance is priceless. Exactly HOW are we better off either foreign or domestically since 4 years ago.

Please cite sources for such a moronic ASSertion.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#973 Oct 3, 2012
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
Quiver quietly in fear, little girl.
Fear?

I turn on the light and tea bag cockroaches like you scurry away between the cracks. If I wanted you to leave the country, I would restart the draft and watch you climb al over each other running back to France.

Come out into the light, cockroach.

Location hidden

#974 Oct 3, 2012
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
Post citations to support your ASSertion that Cain is inept with foreign policy.
A clue would be his coming in ninth in a eight man race and his failure in his own domestic policies of not being able to keep it in his pants.

American can and will do better: time to move into 2012 ASSmuffin.

Location hidden

#976 Oct 3, 2012
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Gosh... in your wisdom, you endorsed CAIN.
'nuff said!

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#977 Oct 3, 2012
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
"He doesn't have even a passing grasp on foreign policy which, more than anything, is what the President deals with the most on a day to day basis."
Two quotes from Cain...

"Which one is Libya again?"
"President of Uzibeckiweckistanstan"

That's all that's needed to show this guy isn't up to speed on what's happening in the world.
Give it a shot.

Which wars did he start? What's our standing in the opinion of the world? How many Osama Bin Ladens did he let escape?
"Further, his 9-9-9 plan may be appealing to the intellectually lazy because it's easy to remember, but the plan would literally destroy the economy."
How so?
The radical reduction in the federal budget would result in large scale across the board cuts. Because all the little stuff has already been cut, that means you need to take chunks of out Medicare/Social Security/Defense.

You cut Medicare/Social Security and you bankrupt retirees and the family members who suddenly have to support them.

You cut Defense that much, you have to end purchases and development of new weapons systems with account for literally millions of jobs across the nation.

Meanwhile, instituting a national sales tax radically increases the price of everything. Those people at or below the poverty level see no reduction in their payroll taxes nor their income tax however their cost of living shoots up 10%. That's CRUSHING.

There's a second wave of bankrupt people.

Meanwhile, who makes out? Billionaires. They do FANTASTIC under this plan, and as was shown under Reagan and then under W, trickle down never trickles down.

10 years of MASSIVE tax cuts and we had job LOSSES as a result.

This policy would be insane and extremely destructive.
"Cain dropped out of the race. Reporters aren't in the business of tracking down stories about people who AREN'T running for president."
Really? Do the names Newt Gingrich and Gary Hart mean anything to you?
Newt Gingrich was still in the race until relatively recently. Show many any investigative pieces on his affairs which came out starting a week AFTER he dropped out.

Also, since Hart's photo on the boat, when have you seen ANYTHING written about him?

You just proved my point. When they are candidates, this stuff is news. When they stop being candidates, the stories are worthless.
"How has he not shown leadership? Are we better off on the world stage than we were 4 years ago? Absolutely. Unquestionably."
Your ignorance is priceless. Exactly HOW are we better off either foreign or domestically since 4 years ago.
Please cite sources for such a moronic ASSertion.
Well, first of all, we're out of one of the two wars.
Second, our standing in the world has increased.
Third, democracy is spreading like wildfire across the Middle East which has been a stated goal of the last 6+ administrations.
Fourth, Bin Laden is dead.
Fifth, Kim Jong Il is dead.

What have you got to counter any of that

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#978 Jan 21, 2016
Just win baby!
Ritual Habitual

Spring, TX

#979 Jan 30, 2016
swedenforever wrote:
Just win baby!
Who are you talking to?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 46
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min southernsquirrel 1,620,499
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Chicagoan by Birth 242,791
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr Mothra 37,492
News Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) 3 hr RecoveringRacist 207
News John McCain memoir, a The Restless Wave,a comin... 23 hr CodeTalker 4
News Donald Trump blames Senate GOP for his stalled ... Fri Retribution 16
News Ruth Bader Ginsburg says she has "no doubt" sex... Fri Ronald 14
More from around the web