Conservatives expect Barack Obama re-...

Conservatives expect Barack Obama re-election in US

There are 911 comments on the The Guardian story from Sep 17, 2012, titled Conservatives expect Barack Obama re-election in US. In it, The Guardian reports that:

Downing Street officials are preparing for what they expect will be victory for Barack Obama in the US presidential election in November and defeat for Mitt Romney, the Republican challenger, who is a natural Tory ally.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

Eric Gustafson

Yorktown, VA

#64 Sep 17, 2012
Walker has the rug pulled from under him by the Courts who over turned his legislation against Collective Bargaining. That's three down, Texas, Arizona and Wisconsin, next up are the Republicans in Pennsylvania who also legislated unconstitutional laws in their state on voter identification.

it's clearly with ever court decision, the GOP is anti American and hate the U.S Constitution protections provided American Citizens....... Sound pretty Marxist to me..... just stating the obvious.
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Disasters??
Shovel ready, cash for clunkers, solyndra and 17 other green energy bankruptcies, middle east in turmoil, nobama has no clue of the cause and/or lying about it, cutting our militay by 50%!
Obama will get hammered. Biden will get sledge hammered.
You said Walker would lose the recall and said the dems would keep the house in 2010.
We're going to make sure nobama understands the Whitehouse is our property, bogus Marine.
Sam Toliver

AOL

#66 Sep 17, 2012
Blacks aren't the only ones who support Obama. Obama has lots of support from drug addicted white trash who never made it and like those govt hand outs.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#67 Sep 17, 2012
Many Republicans are voting for Obama because of their dislike for Romney and the far far far right-wing of the Republican Party.
conservative crapola

Zionhill, PA

#68 Sep 17, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
How does it feel living in a State and Supporting Romney knowing that your vote won't even count when the tabulations are done?
You know Romney was caught on Tape today speaking to the issue that he knows he will not be the representatives of all the people equally if elected President.
Romney is destroying the Republican Party..... the Wheels have fallen off of that wagon, it's officially a sleigh now.
Maybe newty has room for him on his space ship to the moon. Can you imagine that power play for moon ruler? newty, rugby, painlin, alien west, trump. One cow to breed and 4 limpus dinkus' that should be castrated.

hahahahahaha
Sam Toliver

AOL

#70 Sep 17, 2012
Tony wrote:
Many Republicans are voting for Obama because of their dislike for Romney and the far far far right-wing of the Republican Party.
Like I said Drug addicted White Trash still support Obama....huh Tony!!!
We are screwed

Wilmington, NC

#71 Sep 17, 2012
I hate all the lies and bullshit that spews up in these nasty elections. Why can't we cut the crap and look at the facts?? Open your eyes people. Obama claims to want to strengthen the middle class. However, the middle class are the very people that are being totally screwed and really hurting right now. Our poverty rate, unemployment rate, and average income have all plummeted in our country. Yet the national debt is climbing immensely at nearly 16 trillion dollars!!!!! He hates people who have money or work for a living. Yet look at him and all the people he hangs around. Romney has been accused of being "priveleged." Do you think any politician you vote for will be underprivileged?? I'm a hard working college student and I want to see that my efforts don't go unnoticed. I want to make a difference and not get punished for it. My parents worked their asses off to raise my family and I've seen them and so many other good hard working people suffer since the 2008 elections. Is this where we want to drive our country? Should we set the standards low and teach everyone that no work is rewarded rather than determination and diligence? The people who go out and get paid big bucks are the people who make the world go round. If you don't want the best doctors, scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, and technicians then go live in a hut in a third world country. This is America.
Mothra

United States

#72 Sep 17, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
Medicare Advantage? The program initiated by Republicans to weaken the Financial Status of Medicare.
You really don't know much about your Government programs do you? Seniors over 65 automatically qualify for Medicare, depending on their health they can option to sign up for private HMOs, the Medicare Advantage Program, a gift to the Health Care Insurers as part of the Medicare Part D legislation. The cost in excess of $71.6 Billion to cover less than 5 Million seniors. Medicaid is used to pay for Seniors who need assisted living facilities in addition to medicare coverage, that depends on a Seniors assets.
3/4 of those on Medicaid are Senior Citizens in Nursing Homes or Children with disabilities, same with Food Stamps, 3/4 of those receiving Food Stamps are Seniors, Children and the Disabled in America.
The GOP desires to cut 5 million of that group from Food Stamps and Medicaid.
<quoted text>
Source?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#75 Sep 17, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
Another weak lie by the water carriers and Media Matters marxist.......tollet papers.
Obama's campaign is in total disaray.....
Monday, September 17, 2012
The Rasmussen Reports
WAHHHHHHHHHHHH! MOMMY! ten national polls have Obama out in front! WAHHHHHHHHHHH! They are ALL marxist communists! Even FOX! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Location hidden

#76 Sep 17, 2012
We are screwed wrote:
Obama claims to want to strengthen the middle class. However, the middle class are the very people that are being totally screwed and really hurting right now.
And Romney plans to come to the aid of the middle class buy cutting his taxes from where they are now- 13 percent, less than half the Middle Class pays- to less than ONE percent.

Romney is prepared to make this sacrifice of cutting his taxes down to next to nothing to save us all!

Thank God for Willard!

And he will spend the money he saves right here in the USA... mostly... except for the money he adds to his Cayman Island and Swiss bank accounts.

Location hidden

#77 Sep 17, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
Obama will get hammered. Biden will get sledge hammered.
I like the way draft dodger Romney is keeping a secret wave of voters who will pop up at the last moment and VOTE FOR WILLARD!

Clever plan... especially lulling the Democrats into a false sense of security by taking a dive in the polls and faking his really bad performance at the GOP convention.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#78 Sep 17, 2012
radiofreeamerica wrote:
<quoted text>Wont the Brits be surprised in Nov.-maybe you too.
If won't be the first time the Brits have been surprised by us "colonials".
Seth Adams

AOL

#79 Sep 17, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the way draft dodger Romney is keeping a secret wave of voters who will pop up at the last moment and VOTE FOR WILLARD!
Clever plan... especially lulling the Democrats into a false sense of security by taking a dive in the polls and faking his really bad performance at the GOP convention.
Downing Street didnt' say that Obama would be the BEST choice. They wouldn't be THAT stupid. No rational adult could possibly think Obama better for America than Romney.
Obama is more appealling to the touchie feelie crowd.

Obama sets the bar really low. Downing Street was just stating the obvious that today's Americans seem to prefer Less quality out comes from their President so Obama may Win.
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#80 Sep 17, 2012
Although I have questions about the two party system, all you Repub voters, remember all of this bull after the election. Remember the screwing you got the last 6 years. You owe them nothing. The pecking order starts with you. And any of you better wise up because many of the same are worth less then half then when these insane azzes took power. It is really a shame because most people agree with much of the Dems agenda. It is the implementation and the endless corruption that ruined it.

Location hidden

#81 Sep 17, 2012
Seth Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
Downing Street didnt' say that Obama would be the BEST choice.
Maybe if you start looking real hard you'll find someone in America who gives a sh!t what "Downing Street" wants.

Unlike you, though, it looks like they can read.

After three bad weeks in a row, Romney's videos turn up and he is again on the defensive.

Thing is: NOBODY LIKE HIM.

He isn't going to be able to make up for that.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#82 Sep 18, 2012
The polls showed Jimmy Carter with a slight lead early too. Just saying.
Sheik Yerbouti

Richmond, IN

#83 Sep 18, 2012
Hopefully the Brits will wise up and send their right wingers packing!
realist

Greensboro, NC

#84 Sep 18, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
How does it feel living in a State and Supporting Romney knowing that your vote won't even count when the tabulations are done?
You know Romney was caught on Tape today speaking to the issue that he knows he will not be the representatives of all the people equally if elected President.
Romney is destroying the Republican Party..... the Wheels have fallen off of that wagon, it's officially a sleigh now.
Eric, even the Black preachers are deserting Obama's ship over his stand dealing with the legalization of gay marriage. They are in what is known as a conundrum, support a man that is promoting something that they preach against in the pulpit or support a Mormon for president.
Solution: They are telling their church members leave the election up to providence by not voting.

That is a backdoor way of not supporting a man. The congregations are realizing that Obama is promoting life styles that go against the very teachings of the Bible and they will express their displeasure by avoiding the voting booth.

You can kiss his re-election good bye without an overwhelming black vote.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#86 Sep 18, 2012
conservative crapola wrote:
America trends Obama. rugby left scratching his head as his lies have worked against him.
Now that you've had it with America being held hostage by the tea party taliban:
http://www.republicansforobama.org/
hahahahahahahaha
Obama Administration Eases Back on 'Spontaneous' Consulate Attack Story…….good, since it’s been proven a lie…..smooth move x-lax.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#87 Sep 18, 2012
serfs up wrote:
Although I have questions about the two party system, all you Repub voters, remember all of this bull after the election. Remember the screwing you got the last 6 years. You owe them nothing. The pecking order starts with you. And any of you better wise up because many of the same are worth less then half then when these insane azzes took power. It is really a shame because most people agree with much of the Dems agenda. It is the implementation and the endless corruption that ruined it.
REPORT: For every $1 added to economy,$3 added to debt...

REPORT: Emails reveal Justice Dept. regularly enlists MEDIA MATTERS to spin press...
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#88 Sep 18, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
As the thread suggests, the cons have nominated a misfit and have caved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Henry 1,395,641
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Limbertwig 228,666
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr RAGNAR the VIKING 216,865
News Adios, Three Amigos: Obama heads to last summit... 5 hr Hank Paulson jr 34
News For Obama, setbacks from a divided Supreme Court 6 hr Holy Guacamole 8
News Billionaire Soros giving $2M to Democratic groups (May '12) 9 hr African Billionaire 15
News Libya Calls On Russia To Mediate Cease-Fire (May '11) 15 hr Scottish Loyalist 47
More from around the web