West Michigan watches Obama, Romney debate: Add your reactions here

Oct 3, 2012 Full story: MLive.com 195

Joe Doyle and about 15 to 20 other "Democratic faithful" plan to gather tonight in a northwest Grand Rapids home for a presidential debate watch party.

Full Story
NotaRetardican

Muskegon, MI

#41 Oct 4, 2012
willard doesnt give details of his plans that way they cant fact check him. 5 trillion in tax cuts means 5 trillion in less revenue means 5 trillion more added to the debt. unless you do what? cut jobs, cut loopholes, cut SS, or raise taxes thats where willard failed last night his math is a failure and no details for us to look at. the retardicans blindly followed bush for 8 years and lead us right into another recession. I will not blindly follow a person whos says they have a plan but wont present it for us to look at.
NotaRetardican

Muskegon, MI

#42 Oct 4, 2012
willard stood on stage and asked for another handout from tax payers to create jobs. someone tell willard that is not how a robust economy works. Consumer demand is what drives a robust economy. republicans say they build things all by themselves yep sure right after they get the tax payer handout.
BkByer

Hudsonville, MI

#43 Oct 4, 2012
Romney re: Big Bird. As expected of anyone whose back is against the wall,Obama has begun his belittling and attempting to embarass attack. Losers will always glom onto an inconsequental point and beat at it to draw the spotlight away from the important issues. Poor ol' Barack. He has been shown he has a real opponent.
Freedom

Grand Rapids, MI

#44 Oct 4, 2012
President Obama said that the middle class drives the economy. I am done with the trickle down especially as drastic as Romney wants it. President Obama says he will fight for the middle class and I believe it. I have seen what the trickle down does and how President Clinton changed the economy. It is time to have another 20 years of Democrats to get things back to where they were.

Vote Democrat middle class or pay more taxes. They might not be fed taxes but with all of the cuts that Romney wants,you can be sure that your State and local taxes will go way up. And like always the higher income people will get richer and the middle class will have less. The Republican way
Heraldo

Portage, MI

#45 Oct 4, 2012
Well I'd say this thread pretty much bears out that the debates are pointless. They obviously don't change minds as the above comments indicate that whoever was a person's preference before the debate really kicked butt in their eyes.
Chip

Madison, WI

#46 Oct 4, 2012
When Obama was crying about the banks making bad loans I was really hoping Mitt would go for the jugular and ask who was the lawyer who sued the banks forcing them to make the bad loans. Who was the president who passed legislation forcing banks to have a higher % of sub-prime "Bad" loas on their books? Obama and Clinton, seems the people who complain and blame the most are the ones most at fault.

“DRILL FOR OIL?, "YES WE CAN"”

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#47 Oct 4, 2012
If you collect 1 penny from 60 million people, is that more money then collecting 1 penny from 1 million people.

Well that is how you collect revenue, tons more jobs !!!, but if you where to raise prices, like a store to collect more revenue, you will have less people in the store.

So what is it that you Dem's don't get about that !?, just charging more tax does not collect more revenue.But if you had millions of people paying in a little bit, the tax stays low for everybody and the government gets more cash and maybe even afford that free health care.

Obama added 1000 plus to the endangered species, closing coal mines, and giving money away to green energy and just gets wasted.

now if we had $16 trillion in the bank, go ahead spend your brains away, but right now we can't.
BkByer

Hudsonville, MI

#48 Oct 4, 2012
Heraldo wrote:
Well I'd say this thread pretty much bears out that the debates are pointless. They obviously don't change minds as the above comments indicate that whoever was a person's preference before the debate really kicked butt in their eyes.
They are pointless if your man loses. Otherwise they are pretty much right on. lol
Really

West Olive, MI

#49 Oct 4, 2012
NotaRetardican wrote:
willard doesnt give details of his plans that way they cant fact check him. 5 trillion in tax cuts means 5 trillion in less revenue means 5 trillion more added to the debt. unless you do what? cut jobs, cut loopholes, cut SS, or raise taxes thats where willard failed last night his math is a failure and no details for us to look at. the retardicans blindly followed bush for 8 years and lead us right into another recession. I will not blindly follow a person whos says they have a plan but wont present it for us to look at.
Great! That means you won't blindly follow Obama will you since he won't clarify what he is going to do other than "please give me 4 more years and be patient and all will be well." Yeah, right!
Really

West Olive, MI

#50 Oct 4, 2012
Freedom wrote:
President Obama said that the middle class drives the economy. I am done with the trickle down especially as drastic as Romney wants it. President Obama says he will fight for the middle class and I believe it. I have seen what the trickle down does and how President Clinton changed the economy. It is time to have another 20 years of Democrats to get things back to where they were.
Vote Democrat middle class or pay more taxes. They might not be fed taxes but with all of the cuts that Romney wants,you can be sure that your State and local taxes will go way up. And like always the higher income people will get richer and the middle class will have less. The Republican way
Now that will be interesting since Obama's own VP said the middle class has been non existent since 2008. Who has been President? Oooopppps, that's right, Obama! Yup, you vote Democrat like a good lemming.
Outta Luck

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#51 Oct 4, 2012
Romney stated he has to cut a bunch of federal jobs.... Fire people, his true passion in life.
He said he will repeal Obamacare, and keep the parts he likes, I would just like to know how that is possible.
He actually used the term trickle down economics. I believe history has shown even though regean was a god, that did not work.
Cut programs and give them to the states????? What does that mean?
Give Medicare to the states? Give SS to the states? So the elderly cant move from state to state without bullshit?

I think the best comment of the debate was Obama saying in Romney's plan for small business, the Donald is a small business... And Trump does not like to believe anything about himself is small.

I love the GOP propaganda machine spewing their junk today.
Seems like a bunch of looses getting pissy. Ecause they lost yet again.

Obama 2012
No problem

“DRILL FOR OIL?, "YES WE CAN"”

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#52 Oct 4, 2012
No he was saying that Obama believes in trickle down government.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#53 Oct 4, 2012
Romnutz promises to end ObamaCare but keep all of the provisions of ObamaCare.

Romney is a pathologically lying scumbag which is why he is perfect for the Republiscum America-haters.

Location hidden

#54 Oct 4, 2012
Red_Fist wrote:
No he was saying that Obama believes in trickle down government.
Romney believes that he should be doing all of the pissing on the heads of Americans.

Location hidden

#55 Oct 4, 2012
Red_Fist wrote:
If you collect 1 penny from 60 million people, is that more money then collecting 1 penny from 1 million people.
Well that is how you collect revenue, tons more jobs !!!, but if you where to raise prices, like a store to collect more revenue, you will have less people in the store.
So what is it that you Dem's don't get about that !?, just charging more tax does not collect more revenue.But if you had millions of people paying in a little bit, the tax stays low for everybody and the government gets more cash and maybe even afford that free health care.
Obama added 1000 plus to the endangered species, closing coal mines, and giving money away to green energy and just gets wasted.
now if we had $16 trillion in the bank, go ahead spend your brains away, but right now we can't.
As usual you back of the bus stupid Republiscum fail Econ 101.

You think that charging a lower tax rate creates jobs. Where? How? Prove that utter nonsense. What a stupid person you are. This is why we were in the Bush ditch.

This is why Reagan destroyed the USA's balance sheet and turned us from the world's largest creditor into the world's largest debtor. 100% of Republiscums destroy the USA's finances and, like the filthy scumbags you are, blame it on the left which is always cleaning up after your stinky messes.

Location hidden

#56 Oct 4, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Great! That means you won't blindly follow Obama will you since he won't clarify what he is going to do other than "please give me 4 more years and be patient and all will be well." Yeah, right!
That is why you continually follow your Mormon Messiah Mitt and ignore the fact that 100% of what the scumbag says is a lie. You are following and sucking the feet of a pathological liar. What does that say about you.
ROMNEY Landslide

Philadelphia, PA

#57 Oct 4, 2012
demonics, YOU NEED TO GET THE FX OUT OF THE WAY

The grown-ups will be taking over

CASE CLOSED

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#58 Oct 4, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why you continually follow your Mormon Messiah Mitt and ignore the fact that 100% of what the scumbag says is a lie. You are following and sucking the feet of a pathological liar. What does that say about you.
WOW!!!!!
And just what do your 20 or 30 post's on here say about you?
imaginaryfriend

Garden City, MI

#59 Oct 4, 2012
Romonoid wants to kill Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, public education, the U.S.Postal service, Public Libraries, Police, Fire,...
Privatization of everything so you have to pay much more than you do now for these services because privatization works on the FOR PROFIT model.
Willard was a bully last night acting in a role of a CEO who likes to fire people, and LIED and failed once again to give real details. He gets an F in Maths.
OBAMA/BIDEN 2012!
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#60 Oct 4, 2012
Wow! What does that say about you. Don't have a point to prove him/her wrong, but go on the attack. Typical Jimbob mentality.
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>WOW!!!!!
And just what do your 20 or 30 post's on here say about you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min DBWriter 1,115,420
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 1 hr mjjcpa 609
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr scirocco 155,484
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 178,608
Money talks: Obamacare initiative makes headway... 1 hr john 67
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr dont drink the ko... 32,793
Historic Victory for Voting Rights in Ohio 2 hr swedenforever 37

2012 Presidential Election People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE