N.J.'s Christie faces political fallout

N.J.'s Christie faces political fallout

There are 90 comments on the Toledo Blade story from Jan 9, 2014, titled N.J.'s Christie faces political fallout. In it, Toledo Blade reports that:

But after personal messages revealed that his administration may have closed highway lanes to exact political retribution, the prospective Republican presidential candidate is faced with what may be the biggest test of his political career.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Toledo Blade.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
YEP

Abilene, TX

#1 Jan 9, 2014
just another crook. same ole same ole..
Reason

Chesterfield, MO

#2 Jan 9, 2014
Is Christie going to blame it on an anti muslim video?
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Jan 9, 2014
The Progressive Leftist will fall over each other as if fighting for carrion to distract people's attention from the failure and tyranny of Obamacare, the complete idiocy of the Vice President and the dedicated Marxism and marriage failure of the President.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4 Jan 9, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
The Progressive Leftist will fall over each other as if fighting for carrion to distract people's attention from the failure and tyranny of Obamacare, the complete idiocy of the Vice President and the dedicated Marxism and marriage failure of the President.
Topix can always rely on your twisted version of the facts. You are too full of yourself to recognize how shallow and obvious you are.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5 Jan 9, 2014
You can usually spot a liar by the length of his explanations. Christie's explanations were virtually endless.
tomahawking a homestead

Ashburn, VA

#6 Jan 9, 2014
how many times has liberal "gun control" christie been clinically diagnosed with paranoia, delusional behavior, schizophrenia, political obesity, traffic stop road rage, passive aggressive disorder, cop-lover syndrome, police state of mind, and other mental illnesses?
Plan 9 From GOP

Seattle, WA

#7 Jan 9, 2014
He's toast. Did it to himself.

Not surprising, being a representative of the party of Depression and Dirty Tricks.

Republicans just get more irrelevant.
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Jan 9, 2014
What difference at this point does it make?

There, now the scandal is supposed to go away, correct?
Vivek Golikeri

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 Jan 9, 2014
Christie may have known what was going on, in which case he is co-guilty as sin. Or it might have occurred behind his back, in which case it would be very unfair to make him a scapegoat just because you don't agree with his politics.

I choose to give him the benefit of the doubt. He is a moderate Republican and I am a no-nonsense Democrat. I have always thought highly of him both as a man and as a politician.

What really angers me, however, is how some cases of journalism have been picking on his physical size to attack him. "Fat and Furious" reads one headline. "Fat Chance," reads another. This is gutter ethics. Suppose Christie were black or Jewish. Would the public tolerate headlines like "Wooly-Haired Error" or "Hook-Nosed Politics?"

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#10 Jan 9, 2014
"I had 2 sleepless nights about this"

"I just found out about this 24 hours ago"

The more he talked, the more he lied. If you believed this bag of hot air you are very naive.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#11 Jan 9, 2014
Meanwhile, is Darryl Issa still hunting for a scandal? No announcement yet that the IRS manager also targeted progressive groups? I guess he hasn't heard that news clip yet as he "investigates".

Longest investigations ever......we'll wait on your updates Issa. lol

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#12 Jan 9, 2014
Hey Christie, how about un-redact everything you have blacked out on the released emails.

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#13 Jan 9, 2014
OneRyder wrote:
"I had 2 sleepless nights about this"
"I just found out about this 24 hours ago"
The more he talked, the more he lied. If you believed this bag of hot air you are very naive.
that's christie double-speak. His ass is so wide, it took him 2 hours to cover it. LMAO.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#14 Jan 9, 2014
Wave BUH-BYE to your presidential aspirations Christie....

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#15 Jan 9, 2014
Christie's best defense...'I was clueless, therefore I'm innocent...it's everyone's else fault for hurting me by lying. I'm so sad..

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#16 Jan 9, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Wave BUH-BYE to your presidential aspirations Christie....
I think repubs will gladly ignore this episode of they have no better option for President. We are talking about the same group that was willing to put up with Palin as VP, and later Romney as Pres.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#17 Jan 9, 2014
Christie Crosses the Rubicon.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#18 Jan 9, 2014
If this story was about PBO deciding to tie his left shoelace before his right, it would be full of right wing comments.

But since it's about something serious, and I'm sure even they have trouble swallowing Christie excuses, no repubs here.

lol typical.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#19 Jan 9, 2014
He sure turned into a HUGE disappointment!

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#20 Jan 9, 2014
rightwing nutjubs believe Christie was completely clueless to his closest aides doing things that needed his authority to do......but President Obama was all up in the Cinn. IRS Office.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min American Lady 191,824
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Estabad Devil 1,250,022
News Five signs the fight over Obamacare isn't finished 3 min Black Rhino 71
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min IND 185,914
News Gangs of youths rampage for 3rd day in Greece (Dec '08) 18 min Greekboy1989 722
News Obama proposal would make 5 million more eligib... 19 min tipsnsips 15
News Obamacare could create quandary for Republicans... 1 hr Le Jimbo 217
More from around the web