Why do Americans still dislike atheists?

Why do Americans still dislike atheists?

There are 38659 comments on the www.washingtonpost.com story from Apr 30, 2011, titled Why do Americans still dislike atheists?. In it, www.washingtonpost.com reports that:

Long after blacks and Jews have made great strides, and even as homosexuals gain respect, acceptance and new rights, there is still a group that lots of Americans just don't like much: atheists.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.washingtonpost.com.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#35890 Mar 16, 2012
VinceP wrote:
<quoted text>SWEET delta blues !! I play the harmonica too,Robert Johnson best guitar player ever.
Damn. I play a mean guitar and sing. Too bad you are so far away.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#35891 Mar 16, 2012
Try this one.

&fe ature=related

“.strike yer colors swab ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#35892 Mar 16, 2012
Shame we Ain't got a chance, I bet We could do better than the clowns in office now. that an lock up a few of the rich crooks Who've bankrupted the Country.
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG you have my vote

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#35893 Mar 16, 2012
Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
Shame we Ain't got a chance, I bet We could do better than the clowns in office now. that an lock up a few of the rich crooks Who've bankrupted the Country.
<quoted text>
Lock them up? I saw this show last night,'Original Sin.'

They had this great device to use on people like that. Basically it broke their neck but very slowly with a great deal of excruciating pain involved.

Since: Feb 10

Madisonville, KY

#35894 Mar 16, 2012
Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
Shame we Ain't got a chance, I bet We could do better than the clowns in office now. that an lock up a few of the rich crooks Who've bankrupted the Country.
<quoted text>
Tie em too a stump in the everglades or the jungle or the mountains, let em deal with mother nature,No amount of money can save you there..

Since: Feb 10

Madisonville, KY

#35895 Mar 16, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Lock them up? I saw this show last night,'Original Sin.'
They had this great device to use on people like that. Basically it broke their neck but very slowly with a great deal of excruciating pain involved.
Try next of kin more like my home place.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#35896 Mar 16, 2012
VinceP wrote:
<quoted text> Tie em too a stump in the everglades or the jungle or the mountains, let em deal with mother nature,No amount of money can save you there..
I'll bet that very thing has happened once or twice already.

Since: Feb 10

Madisonville, KY

#35897 Mar 16, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet that very thing has happened once or twice already.
If it happened more often than not, world would be a different place,less drama more of we all live on this planet,get along or face the come uppence.Mother nature can be a real unforgiving bitch..

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#35898 Mar 16, 2012
VinceP wrote:
<quoted text>If it happened more often than not, world would be a different place,less drama more of we all live on this planet,get along or face the come uppence.Mother nature can be a real unforgiving bitch..
You got that right bro.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#35899 Mar 16, 2012
Caught Five Nice Brown Trout Today, Out Of The Gunnison River.....All Over 19 Inches......What A Great Day In Gods High Country.

“.strike yer colors swab ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#35900 Mar 16, 2012
Another fishytale, Is that any where near Brokeback mountain
Over 19 Inches......we know how you "boys " tend to exagerate!
But I bet your sittin' on a cusion,
How's your nasty friend from the gas station ?
You are aware some of Your outdoor "activities" have been observed, Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !
wolverine wrote:
Caught Five Nice Brown Trout Today, Out Of The Gunnison River.....All Over 19 Inches......What A Great Day In Gods High Country.

Since: Feb 10

Madisonville, KY

#35901 Mar 17, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care about no spelling police and definitely don't want to see no stinkin' badges either.
Here's some good music.'9 below zero
Sonny Boy Williamson & Otis Spann
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =AGUGXOxs6p0XX&feature=rel ated
changed my icon again ,Now thats down in the hole scrapping,shoveling blue gem.that the machines can`t get to.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#35902 Mar 17, 2012
Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
Another fishytale, Is that any where near Brokeback mountain
Over 19 Inches......we know how you "boys " tend to exagerate!
But I bet your sittin' on a cusion,
How's your nasty friend from the gas station ?
You are aware some of Your outdoor "activities" have been observed, Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !
<quoted text>
Jealousy Will Get You Nowhere Capt Quack.....Perhaps If You Got Outside And Let go Of Your Elitist Entitlement Program, You Too Could Enjoy Life.

Its Sad That This Is All You Have.....And I Know This By Observation Of Your Posting 24/7
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#35903 Mar 17, 2012
As I Was Fishing I Heard What Could Only Be Described As A Jurassic Style Sounding Pterodactyl...LOL

It Was A Squadron Of Sand Hill Cranes At About Two Thousand Feet....Thier Nesting Calls Echoed Through The Crisp Mountain Valley.

Yes, Spring Has Come To The Rocky Mountains....

Since: Feb 10

Madisonville, KY

#35904 Mar 17, 2012
Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
Another fishytale, Is that any where near Brokeback mountain
Over 19 Inches......we know how you "boys " tend to exagerate!
But I bet your sittin' on a cusion,
How's your nasty friend from the gas station ?
You are aware some of Your outdoor "activities" have been observed, Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !
<quoted text>
Striped bass running in head waters of the Cumberland but the water is muddy,rainbow trout at bark camp,,I heard were really hitting easy on flies,might go check that wife wanting to go pick hickory chickens or dry land fish as some call them,getting ready to plant our garden,this time of year is hectic .lol so will check in as opportunity rises.Nature real friendly this time of year.

“.strike yer colors swab ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#35905 Mar 17, 2012
Who's jealous and where do you get this elitist "Entitlement program Crap from. What kind of benifits am I recieving that so ruffles your feathers. FYI I have no intention of giving up anything and if I should how would It benifit Me, your a total nut. Yes I've had a lot of free time lately and all my bills are paid such as they are. I take my rig with Me an use it at odd moments so you have no idea where I am or what Im doing.
when you've fished hunted and gatherd herbs to survive an prowled throug unplesant places with unpleasant people around a fishin' trip becomes work, nothing special to crow about.
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealousy Will Get You Nowhere Capt Quack.....Perhaps If You Got Outside And Let go Of Your Elitist Entitlement Program, You Too Could Enjoy Life.
Its Sad That This Is All You Have.....And I Know This By Observation Of Your Posting 24/7

“.strike yer colors swab ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#35906 Mar 17, 2012
best of luck with the garden an the fishin' Me I'm goin' to do some work in My shop. Maybe fix a few things need doin'!right now im relaxin'
VinceP wrote:
<quoted text>Striped bass running in head waters of the Cumberland but the water is muddy,rainbow trout at bark camp,,I heard were really hitting easy on flies,might go check that wife wanting to go pick hickory chickens or dry land fish as some call them,getting ready to plant our garden,this time of year is hectic .lol so will check in as opportunity rises.Nature real friendly this time of year.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#35907 Mar 17, 2012
VinceP wrote:
<quoted text>changed my icon again ,Now thats down in the hole scrapping,shoveling blue gem.that the machines can`t get to.
Right on!

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#35908 Mar 17, 2012
wolverine wrote:
Caught Five Nice Brown Trout Today, Out Of The Gunnison River.....All Over 19 Inches......What A Great Day In Gods High Country.
You were "fishing for brown trout"?

To get to your favorite spot, did you travel the Hershey Highway?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#35909 Mar 17, 2012
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
OK - you gave me the same answer the geologists gave me, so it is a fact. We can then probably continue to extract oil for the next 100 years without even considering any negative Earth compacting consequences. That is at least one item we will never, ever have to worry about!!!!
OK- The next item is CO2 emissions. You may know this, but greenhouse growers routinely stock their houses with tanks of CO2 in order to grow enormous plants for resale. If our atmosphere is stocked with an overabundance of CO2, I would think our earth plants would grow larger and eat up more CO2. So, the more CO2 we produce, the larger our earth plants will grow. What are your thoughts on this?
I've heard of the larger plants <==> more CO2 idea before.

If the geophysicists estimates are accurate, in the past, the earth has had periods of both higher CO2 and higher O2 in the atmosphere.

Life went on-- only not quite the same as before.

Many critters are quite tolerant of higher concentrations CO2... alas, just not the human critter unfortunately.

Get sufficient CO2 into the air? And we will suffocate....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min USAsince1680 1,275,595
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min LeDuped 193,654
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Jacques Ottawa 196,974
News Carol Shea-Porter Files to Run Again in New Ham... Aug 26 zenduane 1
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Aug 26 IB DaMann 34,463
News Ted Cruz: If the government shuts down over my ... Aug 26 By a vote 1
News Debbie Wasserman Schultz declares 'anchor babie... Aug 25 Andrew 29
More from around the web