Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

Comments (Page 5,467)

Showing posts 109,321 - 109,340 of109,637
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Another conservative shibboleth debunked:

It's been a very bad week for the austerity movement.

Austerity has been discredited as a path to economic prosperity for awhile. But a real breakthrough came last week, when a paper written by a graduate student (UMass Amherst's Thomas Herndon) debunked the famous Reinhart & Rogoff study, which had claimed that growth slows precipitously when a country's debt rises above 90% of GDP.

Since then, more dominos have tumbled...

http://www.businessinsider.com/stephen-colber...

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/stephen-colber...
nac

Piscataway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Great work joe! Stick it to "righty"

“2014 ! The Bar is Open !”

Since: Dec 07

a round for all

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

joe wrote:
Recipients of 'entitlements' are accused by the uninformed of getting something for nothing. The opposite is true. According to the Urban Institute, the typical two-earner couple making average wages throughout their lifetimes will receive LESS in Social Security benefits than they paid in. Same for single males. Almost the same for single females.
Getting something for nothing? Yes, the rich are. Tax expenditures, which are deductions and exemptions that primarily benefit the highest-earning individuals, cost about 8 percent of the GDP, the same percentage that goes to Social Security and Medicare.
If just one of the tax breaks for the rich, the $113,700 cap on Payroll Tax, were eliminated, Social Security would be almost entirely funded for the next 75 years.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022741...

'Cut & Paste'
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Guinness Drinker wrote:
That's a charitable term for joe's spew.

A more precise term would be "plagiarism."

a round for all

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a charitable term for joe's spew.
A more precise term would be "plagiarism."
well, here's another way to interpret it. People Magazine just named Gwyneth Paltrow "The World's Most Beautiful Woman". Today, the 'Media Bullshit Meter' is at an all time high.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Typical right-wing responses. Can't refute the facts so attack the bearer. That's why you thugs are dying off and rapidly becoming irrelevant. You're too stupid to present cogent ideas, arguments, discussion, facts, etc.

I notice you fools don't post ANYTHING except attacks on me. I guess I should feel complimented. And you should be grateful; without my posts you'd have NOTHING TO SAY!

a round for all

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

joe wrote:
Typical right-wing responses. Can't refute the facts so attack the bearer. That's why you thugs are dying off and rapidly becoming irrelevant. You're too stupid to present cogent ideas, arguments, discussion, facts, etc.
I notice you fools don't post ANYTHING except attacks on me. I guess I should feel complimented. And you should be grateful; without my posts you'd have NOTHING TO SAY!
what's to refute from collecting facts from media bias ? and where's the daily 'Racism' rant ? Liberals get a fee everytime that word is used for marketing their causes
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Like I said, you're so stupid that if anything is posted that doesn't come from your right-wing fringe sources you call it media bias.

I guess that works for the dumb and lazy; you never have to read anything, just listen to fox, they'll tell you what to think.

The daily racism rant will come shortly after you make one of your low-life racist statements. Duh!
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Recipients of 'entitlements' are accused by the uninformed of getting something for nothing. The opposite is true. According to the Urban Institute, the typical two-earner couple making average wages throughout their lifetimes will receive LESS in Social Security benefits than they paid in. Same for single males. Almost the same for single females.

Getting something for nothing? Yes, the rich are. Tax expenditures, which are deductions and exemptions that primarily benefit the highest-earning individuals, cost about 8 percent of the GDP, the same percentage that goes to Social Security and Medicare.

If just one of the tax breaks for the rich, the $113,700 cap on Payroll Tax, were eliminated, Social Security would be almost entirely funded for the next 75 years.

-Paul Buchheit

So, what would you refute? Anything? I didn't think so.

a round for all

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

joe wrote:
Like I said, you're so stupid that if anything is posted that doesn't come from your right-wing fringe sources you call it media bias.
I guess that works for the dumb and lazy; you never have to read anything, just listen to fox, they'll tell you what to think.
The daily racism rant will come shortly after you make one of your low-life racist statements. Duh!
atta boy, you made your quota for today. Now here's a tough one; point to the post where I stated I "listen to Fox".

a round for all

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

joe wrote:
-Paul Buchheit
So you go back, Cut & Paste the same post only this time, you quote the source....backpedaling or stupidity??
nac

Piscataway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

joe wrote:
-Paul Buchheit
Nothing here needs to be "refuted" because it is nonsensical mindless drivel.

Using "the typical two-earner couple" as the example to make broad statements about entitlements is not adding anything of value to a discussion on entitlements. It's nonsense.
benselys reality

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

just another lying black man who's promises or word mean nothing.

ask the too many black woman struggling to get by on welfare what value a black mans word has??
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
So you go back, Cut & Paste the same post only this time, you quote the source....backpedaling or stupidity??
Just wondering why you can't answer or comment on the post. That your ONLY interest is to demean the bearer of the item. I'm guessing it's because you don't understand what was written. Oh well.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing here needs to be "refuted" because it is nonsensical mindless drivel.
Using "the typical two-earner couple" as the example to make broad statements about entitlements is not adding anything of value to a discussion on entitlements. It's nonsense.
You're dull one, aren't you? What makes it drivel? Probably that you can't understand anything beyond a fourth grade level (am I being too generous here).
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Do Racism, Conservatism, and Low I.Q. Go Hand in Hand?

Lower cognitive abilities predict greater prejudice through ring-wing ideology.

What this study and those before it suggest is not necessarily that all liberals are geniuses and all conservatives are ignorant. Rather, it makes conclusions based off of averages of groups. The idea is that for those who lack a cognitive ability to grasp complexities of our world, strict-right wing ideologies may be more appealing. Dr. Brian Nosek explained it as follows,“ideologies get rid of the messiness and impose a simple solution. So, it may not be surprising that people with less cognitive capacity will be attracted to simplifying ideologies.”
Just Saying

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

joe wrote:
Do Racism, Conservatism, and Low I.Q. Go Hand in Hand?
Lower cognitive abilities predict greater prejudice through ring-wing ideology.
What this study and those before it suggest is not necessarily that all liberals are geniuses and all conservatives are ignorant. Rather, it makes conclusions based off of averages of groups. The idea is that for those who lack a cognitive ability to grasp complexities of our world, strict-right wing ideologies may be more appealing. Dr. Brian Nosek explained it as follows,“ideologies get rid of the messiness and impose a simple solution. So, it may not be surprising that people with less cognitive capacity will be attracted to simplifying ideologies.”
Like the leftist ideologies espoused by most college professors on U.S. campuses for years?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>Like the leftist ideologies espoused by most college professors on U.S. campuses for years?
Another right winger who can't read or comprehend. Good one, clod.
Just Saying

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Another right winger who can't read or comprehend. Good one, clod.
Another smug lefty who can't read or comprehend.

I responded to the last line of your post, genius.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>Another smug lefty who can't read or comprehend.
I responded to the last line of your post, genius.
So you are as stupid as we thought. The idea is that for those who lack a cognitive ability to grasp complexities of our world, strict-right wing ideologies may be more appealing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 109,321 - 109,340 of109,637
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the 2012 Presidential Election Forum right now

Search the 2012 Presidential Election Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min shinningelectr0n 1,036,584
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 33 min Mothra 30,028
Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as r... (Jul '13) 53 min xxxrayted 8,771
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Brad 139,055
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr The Half-Black President 167,710
Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) 3 hr Relaxing 231
Defend 'Obamacare' Unabashedly, Some Democrats Say 4 hr Mothra 28
•••
•••
•••
•••