Obama promises more than 600,000 stim...

Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

There are 109487 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 8, 2009, titled Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs. In it, Newsday reports that:

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118733 Apr 13, 2013
Hey, right-wing goose-steppers, here is a FACT. Meaning it can be verified. It's not something I believe or deduce, it's a fact:

Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson says women getting the vote “one of the greatest mistakes America made”

Peterson heads a conservative group and is an occassional guest on Sean Hannity's Fox News program

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/rev-...
nac

New Hyde Park, NY

#118734 Apr 13, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
And what "facts" are you talking about? The crap you listed are called beliefs. They are things you "believe" and, as I said, they are all fox talking points and haven't any proof to point to or you would.
Everything I said is well documented and widely known. You don't like it, so you call it a "belief."

Some of us, joe, believe the truth. You may choose not to, that's your right.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118735 Apr 13, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything I said is well documented and widely known. You don't like it, so you call it a "belief."
Some of us, joe, believe the truth. You may choose not to, that's your right.
Sorry, nac. Everything you've posted is an opinion and is ONLY widely believed by nut cases like you. And worse, it's not even your opinion, it's the right wing noise machine's propaganda that you believe. Making you, I guess, a "faith-based" stooge.

Here some right wing "beliefs":

Man-made global warming is a hoax.

Corporations don't need to be regulated.

The economy is driven by investors not by demand.

God wrote the Bible.

The rich deserve lower tax rates than the non-rich.

Anyone who is poor is so because they're lazy.

President Obama is a: socialist, nazi, communist, Muslim, going to take your gun, wants to won your children, is satan, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseam.

Voter fraud is rampant.

Sex education causes pregnancy.

Women SHOULD be paid 77% of men.

Women should not have rights over their bodies.

Money is more important than people.

The planet is 6,000 years old.

I could go on for quite awhile but will merely point out that the world the righties believe in looks very similar to the Middle Ages.
nac

Massapequa, NY

#118736 Apr 13, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, nac. Everything you've posted is an opinion and is ONLY widely believed by nut cases like you. And worse, it's not even your opinion, it's the right wing noise machine's propaganda that you believe. Making you, I guess, a "faith-based" stooge.
Here some right wing "beliefs":
Man-made global warming is a hoax.
Corporations don't need to be regulated.
The economy is driven by investors not by demand.
God wrote the Bible.
The rich deserve lower tax rates than the non-rich.
Anyone who is poor is so because they're lazy.
President Obama is a: socialist, nazi, communist, Muslim, going to take your gun, wants to won your children, is satan, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseam.
Voter fraud is rampant.
Sex education causes pregnancy.
Women SHOULD be paid 77% of men.
Women should not have rights over their bodies.
Money is more important than people.
The planet is 6,000 years old.
I could go on for quite awhile but will merely point out that the world the righties believe in looks very similar to the Middle Ages.
As is your custom, you brought up a host of nonsense that I did not say, while ignoring everything I did say.

If "everything I wrote is opinion," feel free to refute it with facts. But pulling unrelated deflections out of your azz does not refute my points, nor does it add substance to the conversation. Frankly it only makes you somehow look even more like a petulant child.

I've explained this to you before, and you didn't understand it... I'll explain it again, even though I have no reason to believe it this time:

The fact that I'm not "left wing," does not make me "right wing." As far as I'm concerned, both of those wings have gotten us into the mess we are in. While its true that I've never voted for a democrat for president, it's also true that I've never voted for a republican either.

To me, dems are arguing that 1 + 1 = 3 while the reps are arguing that 1 + 1 = 1.

Just because I can see that YOUR math doesn't add up, doesn't mean I agree with the other idiot with bad math that fights with you. I have the ability to think for myself. You should try it some time.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118737 Apr 17, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
As is your custom, you brought up a host of nonsense that I did not say, while ignoring everything I did say.
If "everything I wrote is opinion," feel free to refute it with facts. But pulling unrelated deflections out of your azz does not refute my points, nor does it add substance to the conversation. Frankly it only makes you somehow look even more like a petulant child.
I've explained this to you before, and you didn't understand it... I'll explain it again, even though I have no reason to believe it this time:
The fact that I'm not "left wing," does not make me "right wing." As far as I'm concerned, both of those wings have gotten us into the mess we are in. While its true that I've never voted for a democrat for president, it's also true that I've never voted for a republican either.
To me, dems are arguing that 1 + 1 = 3 while the reps are arguing that 1 + 1 = 1.
Just because I can see that YOUR math doesn't add up, doesn't mean I agree with the other idiot with bad math that fights with you. I have the ability to think for myself. You should try it some time.
Okay, so which of these DON'T you believe:

Man-made global warming is a hoax.

Corporations don't need to be regulated.

The economy is driven by investors not by demand.

God wrote the Bible.

The rich deserve lower tax rates than the non-rich.

Anyone who is poor is so because they're lazy.

President Obama is a: socialist, nazi, communist, Muslim, going to take your gun, wants to won your children, is satan, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseam.

Voter fraud is rampant.

Sex education causes pregnancy.

Women SHOULD be paid 77% of men.

Women should not have rights over their bodies.

Money is more important than people.

The planet is 6,000 years old.
nac

New Brunswick, NJ

#118738 Apr 17, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so which of these DON'T you believe:
Man-made global warming is a hoax.
Corporations don't need to be regulated.
The economy is driven by investors not by demand.
God wrote the Bible.
The rich deserve lower tax rates than the non-rich.
Anyone who is poor is so because they're lazy.
President Obama is a: socialist, nazi, communist, Muslim, going to take your gun, wants to won your children, is satan, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseam.
Voter fraud is rampant.
Sex education causes pregnancy.
Women SHOULD be paid 77% of men.
Women should not have rights over their bodies.
Money is more important than people.
The planet is 6,000 years old.
Do you believe that anyone that doesn't blindly support Bush/Obama Must believe all of the nonsense you posted above?

Really?
guest 2

United States

#118741 Apr 18, 2013
Where are the 600,000 jobs?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118742 Apr 18, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that anyone that doesn't blindly support Bush/Obama Must believe all of the nonsense you posted above?
Really?
Yeah, you've said that already. I notice what you HAVEN'T said is which if any of those listed you don't agree with. Are you going to or not?

For your convenience I'll post again:

Man-made global warming is a hoax.

Corporations don't need to be regulated.

The economy is driven by investors not by demand.

God wrote the Bible.

The rich deserve lower tax rates than the non-rich.

Anyone who is poor is so because they're lazy.

President Obama is a: socialist, nazi, communist, Muslim, going to take your gun, wants to won your children, is satan, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseam.

Voter fraud is rampant.

Sex education causes pregnancy.

Women SHOULD be paid 77% of men.

Women should not have rights over their bodies.

Money is more important than people.

The planet is 6,000 years old.
nac

New Brunswick, NJ

#118744 Apr 18, 2013
joe, no one is interested in your list of inane nonsense.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118745 Apr 18, 2013
nac wrote:
joe, no one is interested in your list of inane nonsense.
And still you won't answer. I guess we can assume that at least some of those items are what you believe.'Cause you sure don't express ANY progressive (with a small p; i.e., favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are)ideas now do you?
mike manuel

Ashburn, VA

#118746 Apr 18, 2013
Pls i need help, i am dying. +2347064681321
nac

New Brunswick, NJ

#118748 Apr 18, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
And still you won't answer. I guess we can assume that at least some of those items are what you believe.'Cause you sure don't express ANY progressive (with a small p; i.e., favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are)ideas now do you?
If you want to assume that I "believe" some of that garbage because I have no interest in debating a list of idiotic nonsense... go right ahead.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118749 Apr 18, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to assume that I "believe" some of that garbage because I have no interest in debating a list of idiotic nonsense... go right ahead.
Nobody's interested in debating. Just tell us which ones you agree with or don't. Easy.
nac

New Brunswick, NJ

#118750 Apr 19, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody's interested in debating. Just tell us which ones you agree with or don't. Easy.
I don't agree with any of your childish, idiotic nonsense.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118751 Apr 19, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with any of your childish, idiotic nonsense.
Okay, azzhole, great. So you don't believe in any of these primary right-wing beliefs:

Man-made global warming is a hoax.

Corporations don't need to be regulated.

The economy is driven by investors not by demand.

God wrote the Bible.

The rich deserve lower tax rates than the non-rich.

Anyone who is poor is so because they're lazy.

President Obama is a: socialist, nazi, communist, Muslim, going to take your gun, wants to won your children, is satan, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseam.

Voter fraud is rampant.

Sex education causes pregnancy.

Women SHOULD be paid 77% of men.

Women should not have rights over their bodies.

Money is more important than people.

The planet is 6,000 years old.

Right? So what do you beleive?
nac

Massapequa, NY

#118753 Apr 19, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, azzhole, great. So you don't believe in any of these primary right-wing beliefs:
Man-made global warming is a hoax.
Corporations don't need to be regulated.
The economy is driven by investors not by demand.
God wrote the Bible.
The rich deserve lower tax rates than the non-rich.
Anyone who is poor is so because they're lazy.
President Obama is a: socialist, nazi, communist, Muslim, going to take your gun, wants to won your children, is satan, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseam.
Voter fraud is rampant.
Sex education causes pregnancy.
Women SHOULD be paid 77% of men.
Women should not have rights over their bodies.
Money is more important than people.
The planet is 6,000 years old.
Right? So what do you beleive?
Ok fine, I'll address your childish nonsense.

I don't know if Man-made global warming is a hoax or not.

Corporations need to be regulated, the extent of regulation is what an adult would discuss about it.

The economy is more complex than you have described, and cannot be summarized in a useful way in one sentence.

I'm pretty sure that the bible is the work of man, but I don't have one handy - so I cant check for an author credit.

I do not believe that "The rich deserve lower tax rates than the non-rich."

I do not believe that "Anyone who is poor is so because they're lazy."

Your nonsense about the President is too idiotic to address.

I don't know if "Voter fraud is rampant" or not. I voted once, I don't know what anyone else did.

Sex causes pregnancy.

I do not believe that "Women SHOULD be paid 77% of men."

I do not believe that "Women should not have rights over their bodies."

Money more important than people? Depends on the person.

I don't know how old the earth is. It was here when I arrived, all I can definitively say is that its older than me.

Satisfied?
TrollBot

Reston, VA

#118755 Apr 20, 2013
angry joe the lib prog turd wrote:
<quoted text>

(Another tediously juvenile troll of complete horseshit strawmen snipped)
Troll. Ignore.

"Flagging trolls until Topix lets you killfile the scum."
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118756 Apr 20, 2013
TrollBot wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll. Ignore.
"Flagging trolls until Topix lets you killfile the scum."
Oh, poor teddy. Can't stand not being the center of attention can 'ya?
Teddy R

Reston, VA

#118757 Apr 21, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, poor teddy. Can't stand not being the center of attention can 'ya?
Poor joe. Still oblivious to the dramatic irony of the crap he posts.

But don't stop, dude - we're all busting a gut.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118758 Apr 22, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor joe. Still oblivious to the dramatic irony of the crap he posts.
But don't stop, dude - we're all busting a gut.
Jeez, is that all you've got? You're sounding pretty consistently pathetic lately.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Joy 1,657,627
News Tea party plans to abandon some of their GOP stars (Aug '13) 4 hr ardith 153
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr WelbyMD 243,091
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Tue Patriot AKA Bozo 37,507
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) Tue TmCln 8,788
News Palin: Democrats spreading misinformation and lies (Sep '08) Tue Palmermomma 11
News In Political Ads, Christian Left Mounts Sermoni... (Jul '09) Tue Faith In GAWD 2
More from around the web