Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.
Comments
108,981 - 109,000 of 109,596 Comments Last updated Oct 22, 2013
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118413 Jan 24, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop letting yourself being brainwashed by the loons of Fox News.
I should point out that teddy is a major practitioner and pusher of the loony fox garbage. Whether he's a true believer or not is unknowable.
TrollBot

Mclean, VA

#118414 Jan 24, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
(Another juvenile troll snipped)
Troll. Ignore.

"Flagging trolls until Topix lets you killfile the scum."
yes

Paramus, NJ

#118415 Jan 24, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I should point out that teddy is a major practitioner and pusher of the loony fox garbage. Whether he's a true believer or not is unknowable.
That is so true and I agree.
That dude is on Topix each day repeating that same old Fox News lunacy like a cackling parrot.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118416 Jan 24, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you did, stop lying.
So who did you vote for?
Not everyone is a follower. I voted for Gary Johnson. Would have preferred Ron Paul.

Ask Teddy, he knows I did not support Romney or Obama last fall.

I find it astounding that people don't understand why I do not support running guns into Mexico, taking away our right to due process (NDAA), a government cover-up of another gun-running operation in Benghazi that led to the death of 4 Americans, demonetization of the Constitution, etc...

You, by supporting Obama, support ALL of those things. Along with drone strikes that kill more kids than "terrorists."

Feel good about that?
yes

Paramus, NJ

#118417 Jan 24, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everyone is a follower. I voted for Gary Johnson. Would have preferred Ron Paul.
Ask Teddy, he knows I did not support Romney or Obama last fall.
I find it astounding that people don't understand why I do not support running guns into Mexico, taking away our right to due process (NDAA), a government cover-up of another gun-running operation in Benghazi that led to the death of 4 Americans, demonetization of the Constitution, etc...
You, by supporting Obama, support ALL of those things. Along with drone strikes that kill more kids than "terrorists."
Feel good about that?
I support the best person for the job.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118418 Jan 24, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
I support the best person for the job.
Obama is not the best person for the job. Neither was Romney.
The propaganda machine will tell you that the best person for the job is "crazy" because they don't support wars of aggression, financial collapse, and the end of the Constitution. Sheep like you (and your counterparts on the right) fall for it because you've been trained to subscribe to the false left/right paradigm.
You (and your counterparts) need to wake up. Do some research. It's not hard.
yes

Paramus, NJ

#118419 Jan 24, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is not the best person for the job. Neither was Romney.
The propaganda machine will tell you that the best person for the job is "crazy" because they don't support wars of aggression, financial collapse, and the end of the Constitution. Sheep like you (and your counterparts on the right) fall for it because you've been trained to subscribe to the false left/right paradigm.
You (and your counterparts) need to wake up. Do some research. It's not hard.
So who was best for the job?
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118420 Jan 24, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
So who was best for the job?
Someone that respects the Constitution. Someone that would not approve of running guns into Mexico to blame the 2nd Amendment. Someone that would oppose funding Al Qaeda in Libya while telling US citizens that we should give up Constitutional rights because of the threat of Al Qaeda. Someone that would implement sound economic policy, i.e. not increasing government spending while borrowing 40 cents of every dollar spent, someone that doesn't believe that the right to bear arms is dangerous.

You know... someone sane. But anyone that falls into any of those categories will be demonized by your "media" and immediately dismissed.

Enjoy the financial collapse and subsequent tyranny that you have been cheer leading.

Stop. Think. Wake up...
discordia

Denver, CO

#118423 Jan 24, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
a politician making promises ? no such thing
was Obumbles referring to the 200,000 new federal employees?
He must have been.
discordia

Denver, CO

#118424 Jan 24, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
It's not the president's fault if people are too lazy to look for work.
Job Creation by the numbers under the last 6 presidencies:
Carter, 1 term; 10 million
Reagan, 2 terms; 16 million
G HW Bush, 1 term; 2 million
Clinton, 2 terms; 22.5 million
GW Bush, 2 terms; 3 million
Obama, 1 term; 5.2 million
The lying commie rat bastard Obimbo has done nothing to create any private sector jobs, quite the contrary.

Keystone Pipeline? We don't need no steenking jobs!!!
TrollBot

Houston, TX

#118425 Jan 25, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
(Another juvenile and inane troll snipped)
Troll. Ignore.

"Helping ignore trolls until Topix lets you killfile the scum."
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118426 Jan 25, 2013
TrollBot wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll. Ignore.
Spoken like a "true lover" of democracy and freedom of speech.

Not.
TrollBot

Houston, TX

#118427 Jan 25, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
(Another whiny troll snipped)
Troll. Ignore.

joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118428 Jan 25, 2013
TrollBot wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll. Ignore.
Stooping to re-writing posts. Desperation breeds bad behavior, like all true followers of the Fox credo, Teddy.
TrollBot

Mclean, VA

#118429 Jan 25, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
(Another whining troll snipped)
Troll. Ignore.

"Flagging trolls until Topix lets you killfile the scum."
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118430 Jan 25, 2013
John Boehner: Ending Abortion Is 'One Of Our Most Fundamental Goals This Year'

Moving away from jobs and the economy, we see.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118431 Jan 26, 2013
Republican governors are taking advantage of an improving economy and a gradual rebound in revenues to aggressively push for cuts to personal and corporate income taxes, and propose making up the difference by raising sales taxes.

Sales taxes do not differentiate based on people’s ability to pay. All are equal before the cash register. The Wall Street banker is treated no differently than the lowly paid schoolteacher. Therefore all are required to pay the same tax rate regardless of income. The result is a tax scheme that takes more from the middle class and the poor than the wealthy.
Correct-O-Bot

Mclean, VA

#118432 Jan 26, 2013
joe wrote:
Sales taxes do not differentiate based on people’s ability to pay. All are equal before the cash register. The Wall Street banker is treated no differently than the lowly paid schoolteacher. Therefore all are required to pay the same tax rate regardless of income. The result is a perfectly fair tax scheme that takes equally from all.
Corrected by Correct-O-Bot.

"Making America less stupid one post at a time since 2012."
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118433 Jan 26, 2013
Correct-O-Bot wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what you've been reduced to? Sad. All you can do is re-write a posting.

Here's the original:

Republican governors are taking advantage of an improving economy and a gradual rebound in revenues to aggressively push for cuts to personal and corporate income taxes, and propose making up the difference by raising sales taxes.

Sales taxes do not differentiate based on people’s ability to pay. All are equal before the cash register. The Wall Street banker is treated no differently than the lowly paid schoolteacher. Therefore all are required to pay the same tax rate regardless of income. The result is a tax scheme that takes more from the middle class and the poor than the wealthy.
Correct-O-Bot

Mclean, VA

#118434 Jan 26, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Sales taxes do not differentiate based on people’s ability to pay. All are equal before the cash register. The Wall Street banker is treated no differently than the lowly paid schoolteacher. Therefore all are required to pay the same tax rate regardless of income. The result is a perfectly fair tax scheme that takes equally from all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Support for U.S. overseas involvement jumps, po... 7 min Asian Guy 8
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Realtime 1,100,000
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 16 min Brian_G 32,458
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 20 min Reality 151,149
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 177,361
Hillary's Got a Millennial Problem 5 hr RustyS 3
Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as r... (Jul '13) 5 hr Mr Johnson 9,786
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

2012 Presidential Election People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••