Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday 109,590
President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs. Full Story
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118307 Nov 26, 2012
I see the right-wingers have taken a powder.
Ihategaysandfemi nist

Birmingham, AL

#118308 Nov 26, 2012
L.A. County courthouses to close
Budget cuts are forcing the shuttering of courthouses in Beverly Hills, West Los Angeles, Malibu and other locations. The closures are expected to occur over the next eight months.
Ihategaysandfemi nist

Birmingham, AL

#118309 Nov 26, 2012
This Makes Sense wrote:
This could really make a difference!!!
>
> Just a thought for all of you that like to plan aheadů
>
> As the holidays approach, the giant Asian factories are kicking into high
> gear to provide Americans with monstrous piles of cheaply produced goods --
> merchandise that has been produced at the expense of American labour. This
> year will be different. This year Americans will give the gift of genuine
> concern for other Americans. There is no longer an excuse that, at gift
> giving time, nothing can be found that is produced by American hands. Yes
> there is!
>
> It's time to think outside the box, people. Who says a gift needs to fit
> in a shirt box, wrapped in Chinese produced wrapping paper?
> Everyone -- yes EVERYONE gets their hair cut. How about gift certificates
> from your local American hair salon or barber?
>
> Gym membership? It's appropriate for all ages who are thinking about some
> health improvement.
>
> Who wouldn't appreciate getting their car detailed? Small American owned
> detail shops and car washes would love to sell you a gift certificate or
> a book of gift certificates.
>
> Are you one of those extravagant givers who think nothing of plonking down
> your dollars on a Chinese made flat-screen? Perhaps that grateful gift
> receiver would like his driveway sealed, or lawn mowed for the summer, or
> driveway plowed all winter, or games at the local golf course.
>
> There are a bazillion owner-run restaurants -- all offering gift
> certificates. And, if your intended isn't the fancy eatery sort, what about
> a half dozen breakfasts at the local breakfast joint. Remember, folks this
> isn't about big National chains -- this is about supporting your home town
> American with their financial lives on the line to keep their doors open.
>
> How many people couldn't use an oil change for their car, truck or
> motorcycle, done at a shop run by the American working guy?
>
> Thinking about a heartfelt gift for mom? Mom would LOVE the services of a
> local cleaning lady for a day.
>
> My computer could use a tune-up, and I KNOW I can find some young guy who is
> struggling to get his repair business up and running.
>
These Retards on Topix dont give a sh*t about doing the right thing
their concerned about doing the wrong thing !(thats because their pampered brats) that are clinicaly retarded.
you cant reason with someone that would fail the square in the square hole and the round in the round hole test.
nice try !! i like a person that makes me laugh though,keep those words of encouragment coming !!!!
>
you cant reason with these retards on topix,their not concerned with doing whats right,their concerned about doing what is wrong.
you cant give a chimp a pistol,and when he shoots someone ,you cant blame the chimp.
nice try ,at least you made me laugh !!

Since: Nov 08

Provo, UT

#118310 Nov 27, 2012
joe wrote:
I see the right-wingers have taken a powder.
Naawwww. Just sitting back watching the three ring circus.

Since: Jul 12

Chester, VA

#118312 Nov 27, 2012
Pittakos wrote:
<quoted text>
Naawwww. Just sitting back watching the three ring circus.
America won, Republicans lost.

Since: Nov 08

Provo, UT

#118313 Nov 27, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is still to be seen. Personally, I believe America will be the ultimate loser so, as I said, I'll just sit back and watch this three ring circus.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#118314 Nov 27, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh ok so who is ameria sir just black democraps and losers that want all there free obama phones wellfair dont have to work get it all for nothin mmm i would guess us republicans are all racist too right and we dont belong in or to america huh i do think u should look back and see who realy pays the gov for ur free bird crap it shure comes out of someones pocket and it aint yours
Ihategaysandfemi nist

Birmingham, AL

#118315 Nov 27, 2012
Women in combat rules ,according to ACIU alfganistan are far more for women rights than the US.
mixed up world - now romney would have banned abortions
and the moon gives us light
see i can be almost as stupid as you retards
you cant say that you disagree with islam ,Sue Rice would not stand for that.
her only qualification - shes a women.thats all she needs
Ihategaysandfemi nist

Birmingham, AL

#118317 Nov 27, 2012
the ACLU should give all women whistles to blow when they think the rights have been violated and a women judge would appear and procecute the villian
Ihategaysandfemi nist

Birmingham, AL

#118318 Nov 27, 2012
do i hear 17 trillion ,my bid is 17 trillion ,yes Sold !!i have 17 trillion from the lying president.
Do i hear 18 trillion,18 trillion, yes, from the lying president .
News flash ,we already went over the fiscal cliff,we're just waiting to die from the 100 ft fall....

Chester, VA

#118319 Nov 28, 2012
olddogs1964 wrote:
<quoted text> oh ok so who is ameria sir just black democraps and losers that want all there free obama phones wellfair dont have to work get it all for nothin mmm i would guess us republicans are all racist too right and we dont belong in or to america huh i do think u should look back and see who realy pays the gov for ur free bird crap it shure comes out of someones pocket and it aint yours
Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, George Soros, hundreds of thousands of military members, the Patriotic Millionaires (an actually group, you can look them up) and many, many others.

The only thing I have ever said about race and the Republican or Democrat party is that there were probably about as many that voted for Obama because he is black as supported McCain or Romney because they are not black. You want to go further than that, go for it.

I see who pays the government by state. Red states are takers for the most part and Blue states are producers for the most part. Have you looked at how poorly a farm job pays? MOst agricultural jobs are eligable for public assistance. You are free to talk about the lazy farmers just wanting stuff for free. Heck, they pay the workers like crap and then they take farm subsidies on top of it.

Red states also tend to be the ones that are less educated. Want to discuss that?

Chester, VA

#118320 Nov 28, 2012
Ihategaysandfeminist wrote:
do i hear 17 trillion ,my bid is 17 trillion ,yes Sold !!i have 17 trillion from the lying president.
Do i hear 18 trillion,18 trillion, yes, from the lying president .
News flash ,we already went over the fiscal cliff,we're just waiting to die from the 100 ft fall....
Was a dime spent this year that was not approved by the Republican House of Representatives? And you can't blame the President for asking for stuff and they were just approving his request. We know how many votes the Presidents budget got. So anything spent was the idea of the House.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#118321 Nov 28, 2012
oh i am very shure the farmer pays its helpers crap i guess u have seen where there helpers live huh ya its very sad to say . butt in all america lost . the onely winner is obama and his hittler ways the rest of us are all screwd
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118323 Dec 14, 2012
Time to fix the gun laws!

No more delays. The NRA have had it their way long enough!
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#118324 Dec 14, 2012
joe wrote:
Time to fix the gun laws!
No more delays. The NRA have had it their way long enough!
What exactly do you propose?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118326 Dec 15, 2012
I, personally, would propose making all guns illegal. But I'd accept semi-automatics and hand guns being illegal. Until that day comes, and it will come, I want real background checks for all purchases and a paper trail of purchase documentation for all guns and a national database of purchases and ownership.

I also think we need to seriously address the lack of mental health diagnosis and care.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118327 Dec 16, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly do you propose?
I, personally, would propose making all guns illegal. But I'd accept semi-automatics and hand guns being illegal. Until that day comes, and it will come, I want real background checks for all purchases and a paper trail of purchase documentationfor all guns and a national database of purchases and ownership.

I also think we need to seriously address the lack of mental health diagnosis and care.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#118328 Dec 16, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I, personally, would propose making all guns illegal. But I'd accept semi-automatics and hand guns being illegal.
Fortunately, the US Constitution protects us from such foolishness.
joe wrote:
<quoted text> Until that day comes, and it will come,
Not without an amended Constitution - and good luck with that.
joe wrote:
<quoted text> I want real background checks for all purchases and a paper trail of purchase documentation for all guns and a national database of purchases and ownership.
Already the law. ATF Form 4473.
joe wrote:
<quoted text>I also think we need to seriously address the lack of mental health diagnosis and care.
Now you're getting warmer. How about mandatory reporting to LE by shrinks and medicos and a national database of mental defectives and emotionally disturbed people? You know, the potential killers?
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118329 Dec 17, 2012
Last year Handguns Killed:

48 People in Japan
8 Great Britain
34 Switzerland
52 Canada
58 Israel
21 Sweden

and

10,728 in The United States
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#118330 Dec 17, 2012
joe wrote:
Last year Handguns Killed:
48 People in Japan
8 Great Britain
34 Switzerland
52 Canada
58 Israel
21 Sweden
and
10,728 in The United States
Interesting - but irrelevant.

Let us know when you have RELEVANT data for nations with population > 300 million.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RealDave 1,156,265
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min IND 165,552
Democrats optimistic on 2016 presidential chances 1 hr Kid_Tomorrow 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Ottawa 182,195
McAuliffe wants to ban gifts and trips for lawm... (Mar '09) 7 hr Swedenforever 21
Parties assess variables looking at 2016 map 12 hr barefoot2626 35
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 18 hr Here Is One 1,118
More from around the web