Obama promises more than 600,000 stim...

Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

There are 109518 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 8, 2009, titled Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs. In it, Newsday reports that:

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Teddy R

Muscat, Oman

#115369 Jun 1, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill, you are a loser and you are assisting America to become a loser nation. You are a prime example of why this nation is in gridlock and will fail at the end of year to come to a deal on taxes, spending or the debt ceiling.
You are just like the idiots in Europe, all want and no give. No solutions from you, only blame, blame, blame and only pointed in one direction.
Is it the President or Congress who is at fault Bill? And lets not forget, how much is being spent this year and who controls the House?
No solutions??

Bullshyte.

CUT FEDERAL SPENDING.

Can the present incompetent tax-and-spend POTUS.
Teddy R

Muscat, Oman

#115370 Jun 1, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Do you really not know why President Obama did not veto a Bill that was already enacted into law?
2. In early January, before President Obama became President, the CBO predicted that the "bush" budget would result in a deficit of over $1 Trillion.
3. The real question is why didn't bush veto the budget.
4. None of this does anything to substantiate whether too much, now enough or an amount just right has been and continues to be spent.
If you want to hold President Obama accountable from day one, fine. Just admit that bush is 100% responsible for the 2001 recession, 9-11, the housing bubble and the financial collapse.
But I am already on record that bush either was not responsible or is only minimally to blame for any of them.
Of course he did sign the first budget to authorize $2 Tril in spending and the first budget authorize $3 Tril in spending and was the first President in history to have a $1 Tril deficit projected for his budget.
More horsecrap.

The real question is WHY DID OBOBO SIMPLY SLAP IMMEDIATE SPENDING LIMITS ON ALL FEDERAL AGENCIES??

All your hoo-haw over the 2009 "budget" is a massive red herring - totally irrelevant.

Nothing in the 2009 budget REQUIRED Obobo to waste all that money in spending. It merely AUTHORIZED him to do so.

He had the Executive power NOT to spend money irresponsibly.

A REAL leader would have used it.
Teddy R

Muscat, Oman

#115371 Jun 1, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
People who enjoy shoddy government don't think the President should have it as good as business leaders.
Leaving aside the fact that ITS NOT HIS MONEY (which of course makes all the difference, and your lame post utterly ridiculous), name one business leader that flies his personal barber across the country twice a month.
Roger Edgar

AOL

#115372 Jun 1, 2012
Wonder if Obama's new slogan........"Support My Failures cause I have a D beside my name" will work on Voters around the Country as well as it works for the politicians in the broken, deficit and debt ridden "Blue States".
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#115373 Jun 1, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
joe -
you need to get used to the FACT that when you're IN power, it's all about what YOU have and haven't done with that power.
No one give a rat's azz about anything else. You either have a case, or you don't - and if you don't, you deserve to be thrown out of office.
Want proof? Tell us all about the many accomplishments of Obobo that won him the election in 2008.
Oh! Oh! I hear you say ... but it's only PROGRESSIVES and DEMS that deserve election on nothing more than a smooth spiel!
Bend over, joe - now it's your turn. And remember as you're being drilled - you have only one Incompetent-in-Chief to blame for it.
More blather and spin and no answer. You Republicans are asking to replace the Pres. So where are the Republican/tea party successes that would compel anyone to do that?

You've got nothing. All you can do is continue hammering Obama (we all know what he's trying to do and we all know how the right-wing republicans are blocking him), and whine how it's off-limits to talk about the Republican responsibility for the tanked economy.

Can the propaganda.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#115374 Jun 1, 2012
Liberals/Democrats must believe in’ Fairytales!’ While Obama was sleeping the fairy slip under Obama‘s pillow the Debt/Deficit…Right!! Today Obama out blaming Bush for today’s bad economic news what a Man-Child!!
Sly Fox

Stuart, FL

#115376 Jun 1, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
You chickenshyte punk.
I asked you for a cite for your slanderous characterizations of what "the TEA Party wants."
You failed to dos o - and merely spew MORE slanderous characterizations of what "the TEA Party wants."
You're a scum-sucking liar. A troll.
Our campaign to educate voters is having an impact and Liberals are getting nervous. Efforts and support of organizations like TheTeaParty.net is giving a voice to the previously silent majority. A few words for President Obama, Harry Reid, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters: The Tea Party has not gone "straight to hell" and we are coming in November to finish the job we started in 2010 to take back America!

November 2012 may be THE most important election in our lifetimes. Never before has the need been greater for individuals to stand up against a government that has forgotten who they were elected to represent.

The tea party movement would not have been necessary but for spineless politicians who refuse to make the needed choices to reign in spending, focusing rather on what will win them the next election. We have taken names and it's time those determined to sell out America are removed from office.

Many in the media and Liberal movement would love to declare the tea party dead! They underestimated our strength in 2010 and they will again in November.

Help us prove them wrong and defeat Barack Obama's liberal agenda
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#115377 Jun 1, 2012
Cutting deficits doesn't work. It's not working here, it's not working in Europe. It's never worked to create jobs.

We need to start investing in jobs. It's the reality-based way economics work. Demand side economics.

Corporation's are sitting on trillions of cash. They don't need wealthy investor's money. They need buyers, consumers, a strong, working middle class.

You can't create anything by deficit reduction.
Politics as usual

Huntington Station, NY

#115378 Jun 1, 2012
now we have continued high unemployment with an unsustainable debt level, thanks to obama spending almost a trillion dollars not to stimulate the economy, but to payoff his supporters under the guise of stimulus.

add in the fact that he spent over a year ramming through the most despised piece of legislation in generations, obamacare,

and basically you have a picture of why obama is not only the worst president in the history of america, but one of the worst leaders in the history of the planet.

and we all have the corrupt media to thank for this disaster as they have continually disregarded any semblance of fairness to continually back the liberal politicians and obama.

and that thrill going down their legs is our country going down the tubes thanks to their corruption.

i can just imagine how many more front page hit stories they are going to be writing against romney in the future.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#115379 Jun 1, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill, you are a loser and you are assisting America to become a loser nation. You are a prime example of why this nation is in gridlock and will fail at the end of year to come to a deal on taxes, spending or the debt ceiling.
You are just like the idiots in Europe, all want and no give. No solutions from you, only blame, blame, blame and only pointed in one direction.
Is it the President or Congress who is at fault Bill? And lets not forget, how much is being spent this year and who controls the House?
Come on moron, you are showing you have no answers lol.
Deflect like you used to do once again....

What a joke you are!
uIdiotRacesMAkeW orldPeace

United States

#115380 Jun 1, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation - THE POTUS IS COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT AS A LEADER - INCAPABLE OF LEADING THE NEATION WHEN HIS OWN PARTY CONTROLS BOTH HOUSES OF CONGRESS.
Just thought we should make clear what you're actually saying there, OKB.
Interjecting!
U CLESSLESS!
Most of presidents are just puppets and must answer to higher directive!
uIdiotRacesMAkeW orldPeace

United States

#115381 Jun 1, 2012
S/h/b U CLUELESS!

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#115382 Jun 1, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Do you really not know why President Obama did not veto a Bill that was already enacted into law?
*****(No it was approved by Obobo and I gave you back up for that proof of mine. I even showed you what the demolosers spent after it was approved. Yes well above what was signed by yours truly Obama! If you recall OBOBO had signed the stimulus nearly 1 trillion dollars. Remember? And it was supposed to save jobs. NOw the idiot in the WH is claiming that congress didn't pass more spending!! It's all over the news today. Seriously he said "if this stimulus passes? I promise to put all those Americans back to work" quote on quote!)*****

2. In early January, before President Obama became President, the CBO predicted that the "bush" budget would result in a deficit of over $1 Trillion.
*****(Prove it with facts to back your theory)*****

3. The real question is why didn't bush veto the budget.
*****( Once again I gave you proof of what Bush asked for. I even showed you who signed it "obobo" and who was in control of the spending? Demolosers which spent way more than what was asked for and passed. Yes the dems surpassed what was signed for!!!!!)****
once again you are lying!

4. None of this does anything to substantiate whether too much, now enough or an amount just right has been and continues to be spent.
If you want to hold President Obama accountable from day one, fine. Just admit that bush is 100% responsible for the 2001 recession, 9-11, the housing bubble and the financial collapse.

*****(NO I will not admit to that cause it is not true. The recession was end result of the DOTCOM bubble burst and you know it. I showed you proof a few years ago. But you once again refuse to accept that your party is crap! And nothing but liars like yourself.
Now how is Bush responsible for 9/11??? After all it was Clinton who coward from responding to the World trade center bombing the first time. And how is it Bush's fault for dems passing all the spending once THEY TOOK CONTROL OF BOTH THE HOUSE AND SENATE? They out spent the previous 6 years in 4 years. Easily surpassing that. Yet either you really are a moron or you do not know how to read? Or you don't care how dishonest you really are. I am guessing that you are dishonest.

But I am already on record that bush either was not responsible or is only minimally to blame for any of them. Now you want to claim that????? LOL for over 3 years all you did was blame Bush. Now that I show you facts with back up to support spending you once again back pedal. You must be good at dodge ball cause you sure dodge every fact thrown at you.

Of course he did sign the first budget to authorize $2 Tril in spending and the first budget authorize $3 Tril in spending and was the first President in history to have a $1 Tril deficit projected for his budget.

*****( show your back up for your theory!!!! All I see is talk no back up to support anything you say.)******
So just face it. You are a liar and so is the demoloser party done finished end of story.

A few more months and Obobo will be history and go down as the worst president in history.

Remember you even claimed "the stimulus will work".
WHAT HAPPENED GOMER?
See my responses in appren
drinK the Hive

New York, NY

#115383 Jun 1, 2012
How Weird - Mr Obama Was Watching Destination Truth And They Were Looking 4 Gnomes In Argentina...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/anthony_...

&fe ature=related
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#115384 Jun 1, 2012
Hey has anyone heard from Pfluger? With all the election stuff spooling up I would think that he'd be posting up a storm. Semms like he just fell off the map a year ago.

FUBO!
Seth Adams

AOL

#115386 Jun 1, 2012
joe wrote:
Cutting deficits doesn't work. It's not working here, it's not working in Europe. It's never worked to create jobs.
We need to start investing in jobs. It's the reality-based way economics work. Demand side economics.
Corporation's are sitting on trillions of cash. They don't need wealthy investor's money. They need buyers, consumers, a strong, working middle class.
Luckily, the vast majority of American parents and grand parents won't buy you flawed premise. You see, when you care about our legacy to our own children you don't Californicate them by burying them in massive unsustainable Debt.

Only you Calif people are cruel and cold heared enough to do that to your kids.
Ignorance is not bliss. Your State already has a half a TRILLION in State Debt. What a vile thing to do to the next generation! Overpromising ENTITLEMENTS is not Stimulating anything but greed for other peoples hard earned $$$.
Dane T

AOL

#115387 Jun 1, 2012
Obama may promise to take some night courses at DC area Community Colleges to familiarize himself with Private Sector employment and Business 101. He can't make up for his lack of experience but at least he can get some book learnin on the subject.
Sly Fox

Stuart, FL

#115388 Jun 1, 2012
joe wrote:
No. What we need is leaders at the top that: 1) LOVE the USA and 2) Believe in the American Enterprise system ie CAPITALISM!!!!
Teddy R

Satellite Provider

#115390 Jun 1, 2012
joe wrote:
Cutting deficits is not woking simply because for all the jibber-jabber, NO ONE'S ACTUALLY DONE IT YET!! Not here, not in Europe. All this blather about austerity in Europe is just so much noise, because NOBODY EXCEPT THE GERMANS have yet summoned up the will to DO IT. The Germans did, and they're doing just fine, thank you, when they're not being dragged down by their parasitic partners in the EU.

And it's not about cutting deficits, it's simply about CUTTING GOVERNMENT SPENDING back to within long-term sustainable limits as a % of GDP. Do that, and deficits take care of themselves.

Corporations and individuals aren't "sitting on piles of cash." They're looking at the massive overhang of bad debt that's still sloshing around the system looking for a sucker to eat it, or an corrupt Government to bail it out with taxpayer money. And they are de-leveraging as fast as they can - EXACTLY what the economy requires in a recession caused by excessive financial leverage in the first place. And it's EXACTLY what the federal government ISN'T doing, because it's run by an incompetent POTUS and a permanent professional political class that's only in it FOR THEMSELVES.

The economy needs a positive business environment helped by a federal government that is incentivizing new investment in growth and employment, not waging class warfare with talk of punitive taxes on the 'eevul rich' lumbering American businesses with even higher labor cost structures with goo-goo social meddling like ObamaScare.
Teddy R

Satellite Provider

#115391 Jun 1, 2012
Say the Truth wrote:
Hey has anyone heard from Pfluger? With all the election stuff spooling up I would think that he'd be posting up a storm. Semms like he just fell off the map a year ago.
FUBO!
Yeah, good question.

I miss the sense and sensibility of Phlug.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Xcentrix2 1,346,141
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Rightwing Idiot 213,655
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Jacques in Orleans 207,444
News Will the Momentum Continue? Cruz enters debate ... 59 min Emily Latella 5
News Fireworks fly in face-to-face Democratic presid... 5 hr Quirky 23
News Donald Trump and Ted Cruz participate in the Re... 21 hr -Dont Panic- 5
News Trump: 'I'm going all the way' Sat Simon Jester 286
More from around the web