Presidents often struggle in first de...

Presidents often struggle in first debates

There are 440 comments on the USA Today story from Oct 2, 2012, titled Presidents often struggle in first debates. In it, USA Today reports that:

When President Obama steps onto the debate stage Wednesday night in Denver, he'll seek to avoid what might be called "incumbents opening debate syndrome." Presidents seeking re-election have often struggled in their first debates: Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, and George W. Bush.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

Eric Gustafson

Yorktown, VA

#133 Oct 2, 2012
Ravianna wrote:
Barack Obama is one of the weakest presidents the United States has ever had so he'll be in what I call "hot water" and if the only thing he has is "It's Bush's fault" he will be annihilated by Romney.
Why is the annihilated running so late?

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#134 Oct 2, 2012
Simple really..it's face-to-face combat..it's NOT just endorsing a campaign ad and saying it has THEIR approval. This is the Hatfield and the McCoy's type of action..WHATEVER is said..can be viewed as FIGHTIN' WORDS..then the big guns will come out..all will be on the table..presidents get too cozy..being the head honcho..for WHAT almost four years..then THEY have a rival for THEIR position..NOT to easy to give up..WHEN ya have broken in the Oval Office's desk chair..
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#136 Oct 2, 2012
Rick want to bet $10,000 well do you Rick.
Mitt Romney your typical middle class American.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#137 Oct 2, 2012
My wife has two Cadillac's to drive.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#138 Oct 2, 2012
I own several multi-million dollar mansions.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#139 Oct 2, 2012
For those who can not afford health insurance they can go to the emergency room for care.
Mitt Romney your typical caring compassionate middle class American that care about the less fortunate.
Cat74

United States

#140 Oct 2, 2012
Democrats are trying to pretend the silver tongued President will mess up in the debate tomorrow night, lowering expectations so if Obama knows his own name the media will dance on Romney's grave, and tell us how grand the President commanded the entire debate, leaving Romney in his dust. If Romney calls Obama out on the economy, and prods him into trying to defend his miserable record it will be fun to watch. I doubt either one will make any news by sayiong anything we haven't heard several times before.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#141 Oct 2, 2012
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>What's ah matter , to close to home?Azzhole!
Trying to sound like a tough mafioso, Wimpy? Adorable!
Erica71

Brentwood, TN

#143 Oct 2, 2012
The talk show host's and media have been so grotesquely gushy with Obama that he's not going to know what to do when the real issues hit the table and he actually has to answer some tough questions...tough questions that everyone keeps skirting around. He's always seemed arrogant to me but now I think, he think's he's a superstar. People say Romney is stiff, can't relate blah blah blah....but whatever...the man knows his business. I'll take that over some smooth talking, swagger walking, self proclaimed "eye candy" man any day of the week.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#144 Oct 2, 2012
Mr. Candidate,
What would you do if the telephone rings at 3 am in the morning, and the call comes from the office of the Secretary of State.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#145 Oct 2, 2012
This President struggles to utter anything in public without his teleprompter spoon-feeding him precisely which words to say.

Vice-President Joe Biden, conversely, doesn't seem to have that problem.
Clint Eastwood

Reston, VA

#146 Oct 2, 2012

Obama is a Liar and a Divisive, Racist Bastard. This story and video lays it all out....

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/02/obama-speec...

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#149 Oct 3, 2012
Besides having no teleprompter during the debate the lord marshal b. h. obama has a load of crap on his marxist mind...
First problemo has to do with blaming a movie for 3 weeks about the deaths of 4 Americans in Libya when in fact within 24 hours it was a confirmed terrorist attack with warnings.
Second problemo has to do with the Univision report that was aired all over Mexico where 60 teens were mowed down by 20 or so perps who happened to use weapons tied directly to Fast & Furious...Not looking good.

SIR LANCELOT

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#150 Oct 3, 2012
All Romney has to do is bring Fast and Furious and illegal immigration into the debate answers concerning border security , Solyndra into the answers concerning our energy policies and the extremely high and rising cost of energy which can only go higher under this dumbass.
He needs to point out what a complete failure Obama has been concerning the economy and his utter stupidity and outright lying concerning international security with our embassies being attacked and the deaths that have resulted.
You will never convince the terminally braindead libtard but most Americans see and will see what a complete mistake this man has been.
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#151 Oct 3, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney got 7 more days and he had better show he's capable of turning the table on public opinion.
One week is what I give him, and Romney's off the bus. It's every man for himself to save his seat in congress.
In 8 days, if Romney is still fiddling around and blundering Nancy Pelosi can order drapes and a new gavel.
If wha tyou wrote happens, the only domestic production industry that will improve is the gun one. Gun sales already through the roof will double and quadruple as the inevitable end of what was the greatest nation in the world comes to a close. Out of the ashes will be a bonified state of pure tyranny with all of its laws in place and ready for the right person or people to exercise and use. Today the police state is already exercising its talons on the people in most ways but is at a mild tempo. But unlike the drug campaign "Just say no", if you say no to anyone with authority today, well it becomes a beautiful thing for the fascists. So go try it Eric. Go ahead. Get to yelling at a traffic stop. Or say something at the airport. Go take a walk or get some exercise and disregard some benevolent police officer demanding you stop and show identification. Go ahead. Just a mild taste of the contempt and sell outs our own citizens have become. And I will tell you that they are not God fearing. That is the real religion we don't get. The part we are supposed to pay attention to. For when the basic rights are gone, the rest don't mean a damn thing.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#153 Oct 3, 2012
Did anybody else see Obama's hateful, prejudiced, racist speech? He sounds just like Reverend Wright. Only worse. How can women even look at that hideous creature after he let Chris Stevens and those other poor guys die? And then ignore them for politics.
How do you think their women feel about Obama right about now??

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#154 Oct 3, 2012
Eighthman wrote:
Did anybody else see Obama's hateful, prejudiced, racist speech? He sounds just like Reverend Wright. Only worse. How can women even look at that hideous creature after he let Chris Stevens and those other poor guys die? And then ignore them for politics.
How do you think their women feel about Obama right about now??
Stevens was a known gay man which makes you wonder. Why did Hillary and Obama allow a gay man to represent the U.S in a hostile muslim country who's beliefs are to stone all homosexuals to death? I don't understand how any sane human being can support this president any longer. The cover up, the lies, the distortions by this admin is despicable.

such filth!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#155 Oct 3, 2012
LoLBama wrote:
<quoted text>
Stevens was a known gay man which makes you wonder. Why did Hillary and Obama allow a gay man to represent the U.S in a hostile muslim country who's beliefs are to stone all homosexuals to death? I don't understand how any sane human being can support this president any longer. The cover up, the lies, the distortions by this admin is despicable.
such filth!
You are the filth.
OBAMA 2012

La Puente, CA

#156 Oct 3, 2012
I betcha $10,000 Rmoney loses the vote of the 53% he THINKS he already has in the bag. Can't wait for tonight!

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#157 Oct 3, 2012
Eighthman wrote:
<quoted text>You are the filth.
Did you even read what I wrote?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,709,592
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 37 min TsHlb 9,208
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr positronium 38,408
News Donald Trump endorses Mitt Romney in run for US... 4 hr Impeach the Creep 28
News Is That Russia Troll Farm an Act of War? 6 hr Beyond the headlines 20
News Exclusive: U.S. official focused on election se... Thu tomin cali 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) Thu WelbyMD 243,320
More from around the web