'PBS isn't costly and is beloved by c...

'PBS isn't costly and is beloved by children'

There are 126 comments on the NOLA.com story from Oct 4, 2012, titled 'PBS isn't costly and is beloved by children'. In it, NOLA.com reports that:

In the presidential debate on Oct. 3, Gov. Mitt Romney said that he would deal with the budget deficit by ending the subsidy to PBS, specifically noting children's programming.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NOLA.com.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#43 Oct 11, 2012
CitizenX wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah.
I see nothing about romneys 5 wars in your post. Just more vomit from the RWNJs.
There are NO Romney wars. How can there be Romney wars if he isn't president? He hasn't funded his own private army and invaded anyone has he? "Romney wars" are a lie-beral pipedream,a wishful lie,lie-beral speculation on LSD. Keep up the idiotic fear mongering. Thats what lie-beral do best. Lie. Never met a Lie-beral yet who wasn't a natural born liar. Must be in that defective lie-beral DNA. The lying Gene.

“All power to the people.”

Since: Mar 07

San Diego, CA

#44 Oct 11, 2012
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>There are NO Romney wars. How can there be Romney wars if he isn't president? He hasn't funded his own private army and invaded anyone has he? "Romney wars" are a lie-beral pipedream,a wishful lie,lie-beral speculation on LSD. Keep up the idiotic fear mongering. Thats what lie-beral do best. Lie. Never met a Lie-beral yet who wasn't a natural born liar. Must be in that defective lie-beral DNA. The lying Gene.
So you ignore romney's words? Of course you ignore the reality of his words. I guess you are more comfortable with the flip flops than reality.
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#45 Oct 11, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>you didn't get the quotation marks around "free" huh?
how about someone name an educational children's program that's NOT on PBS?
yes it's not free. It cost $244 million a year. PBS can survive on their own. They don't need taxpayers borrowing money from China for it.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#46 Oct 11, 2012
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
yes it's not free. It cost $244 million a year. PBS can survive on their own. They don't need taxpayers borrowing money from China for it.
but you cannot name even 1 educational children's show that's NOT on PBS?
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#47 Oct 11, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>but you cannot name even 1 educational children's show that's NOT on PBS?
I don't care if there are any. It will survive without the taxpayers borrowing $444 million a year from China.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#48 Oct 12, 2012
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if there are any. It will survive without the taxpayers borrowing $444 million a year from China.
800 billion base budget plus another 300-500 billion rolled in the back door is the budget of the BLOATED military.....HOW ABOUT WE CUT SOME OF THAT BEFORE WE CUT OFF LITTLE KIDS TV SHOWS...
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#49 Oct 12, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>800 billion base budget plus another 300-500 billion rolled in the back door is the budget of the BLOATED military.....HOW ABOUT WE CUT SOME OF THAT BEFORE WE CUT OFF LITTLE KIDS TV SHOWS...
no I would actually like to keep our military strong even at the expense of big bird.

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#50 Oct 12, 2012
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
no I would actually like to keep our military strong even at the expense of big bird.
Yea thought so...Just like Rome did...spend on military startw ar after war,,,UNTIL POOF EMPIRE CRUMBLES UNDER WEIGHT OF MILITARY waste.....

We could cut military spending in half and still be twice as strong as next biggest military....WE NEED DEFENSE WE DONT NEED OVER KILL AND WORLD POLICE FORCE...

Typical of a GOP voter.....You say we need to cut spending but you dont care if total budget number comes down because youw ant all other budgets cut and that money rolled into WAR MACHINE..........

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#51 Oct 12, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>give me an example of good, educational children's programming that isn't on PBS.
(remember, it's got to be "free")
Lol... You think PBS IS FREE? You are the example of why government funded tv and radio is worthless.
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#52 Oct 12, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>Yea thought so...Just like Rome did...spend on military startw ar after war,,,UNTIL POOF EMPIRE CRUMBLES UNDER WEIGHT OF MILITARY waste.....

We could cut military spending in half and still be twice as strong as next biggest military....WE NEED DEFENSE WE DONT NEED OVER KILL AND WORLD POLICE FORCE...

Typical of a GOP voter.....You say we need to cut spending but you dont care if total budget number comes down because youw ant all other budgets cut and that money rolled into WAR MACHINE..........
not according to Leon Panetta.

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#53 Oct 12, 2012
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... You think PBS IS FREE? You are the example of why government funded tv and radio is worthless.
I said "free"
(notice the quotation marks)

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#54 Oct 12, 2012
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
not according to Leon Panetta.
He is an idiot....

RonPaul 2012......OR TH USA IS DOOMED

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#55 Oct 12, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>I said "free"
(notice the quotation marks)
PBS is not "free". Other kids programs are.
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#56 Oct 12, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>800 billion base budget plus another 300-500 billion rolled in the back door is the budget of the BLOATED military.....HOW ABOUT WE CUT SOME OF THAT BEFORE WE CUT OFF LITTLE KIDS TV SHOWS...
no I would rather cut Big Bird and remain strong
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#57 Oct 12, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>He is an idiot....

RonPaul 2012......OR TH USA IS DOOMED
he is obammys lacky

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#58 Oct 13, 2012
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
no I would rather cut Big Bird and remain strong
Yea bloated over spending that will crush this nation...YEA THAT IS WHAT YOU THINK STRONG IS....LOL>...fool..

Rome was crushed under wieght of its bloated military spread all over the world of its time....THE USA WILL FALL UNDER WEIGHT OF OUR BLOATED MILITARY.....That is fact war mongering nazi fascist scum........

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#59 Oct 13, 2012
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
he is obammys lacky
YOUR A MORON....Ron Paul is a TRUE REAL CONSERVATIVE...Not nazi fascist theocratic traitor hitler loving trash like you punk./......

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#60 Oct 13, 2012
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
PBS is not "free". Other kids programs are.
wow.
where do you live that you don't have to pay for cable or dish?
ObamaPhones

Rochester, MN

#61 Oct 13, 2012
Biden, Obama Administration throws Hillary under the bus in VP debate
http://www.examiner.com/article/biden-obama-a...

In one year, Obama provided $90 billion in breaks to his pals as payback to the green energy
world.

GM still owes tax payers $42 Billion
ObamaPhones

Rochester, MN

#62 Oct 13, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Incognito4Ever 1,479,776
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min District 1 234,021
News Woman sues Trump in New York for defamation ove... 18 min Frogface Kate 13
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 31 min LIbEralS 35,844
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 1 hr President Donald ... 3,581
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr trump hypocrites 256,345
News The Latest: Trump calls Election Day 'our Indep... 3 hr Oneal 349
More from around the web