Mapping racist Tweets in response to ...

Mapping racist Tweets in response to President Obama's re-election

There are 176 comments on the The Guardian story from Nov 9, 2012, titled Mapping racist Tweets in response to President Obama's re-election. In it, The Guardian reports that:

Data-mapping experts from the Floating Sheep blog mapped geo-located Tweets containing racist language during the build-up to the US election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#129 Nov 13, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>

More than half favor access to same sex marriage.
Source?

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Location hidden

#130 Nov 13, 2012
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Source?
His rectal cavity.
responder

Columbus, OH

#131 Nov 13, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Racist is right. You are the racist and manipulaters of elections.
UPDATE: In 59 Philly divisions, Romney did not get a single vote... This did not even happen under Chavez, Castro or Saddam Hussein. This is basically impossible and we have a very questionable election. We have it in most of the swing states especially Florida where they admit to irregularities but refuse to do a complete recount. This is how Franken won as well.
It's not "racist" for a black person to vote for Obama, race-baiting asshat troll.

You lost. Get over it. Go on with your pathetic life. Stop lying.
responder

Columbus, OH

#132 Nov 13, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry. Did I make you cry proving you wrong? You seem so filled with hate. You must have several broken mirrors.
This from the poster who subsequently replied to another post with this gem:

"His rectal cavity."

LOL

Nothing like a Rightie for personal attacks and hypocrisy...:)

au contraire

Location hidden

#134 Nov 13, 2012
responder wrote:
<quoted text>
This from the poster who subsequently replied to another post with this gem:
"His rectal cavity."
LOL
Nothing like a Rightie for personal attacks and hypocrisy...:)
More broken mirrors. Lots of bad luck coming.
responder

Columbus, OH

#135 Nov 13, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>More broken mirrors. Lots of bad luck coming.
You're not so much bad luck as bad news. Or bad smells...LOL
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#136 Nov 13, 2012
responder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not "racist" for a black person to vote for Obama, race-baiting asshat troll.
You lost. Get over it. Go on with your pathetic life. Stop lying.
You are extremely stupid and immature as others have noted. How old are you? If it's older than 18 you need to seriously look at yourself and begin soul searching on where you went wrong and how to get help.

au contraire

Location hidden

#137 Nov 13, 2012
responder wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not so much bad luck as bad news. Or bad smells...LOL
Children should be seen and not heard, or read. Are you still filled with hate after wining the defeat of America. It must be yourself your hate is focused on. Such a pity.
responder

Columbus, OH

#138 Nov 13, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Children should be seen and not heard, or read. Are you still filled with hate after wining the defeat of America. It must be yourself your hate is focused on. Such a pity.
No hate, joy that we re-elected the right man for the job. Although yes, there's a certain amount of glee that your kind was slapped down and sent crying to your rooms....LOL
responder

Columbus, OH

#139 Nov 13, 2012
the rest of us wrote:
<quoted text>
You are extremely stupid and immature as others have noted. How old are you? If it's older than 18 you need to seriously look at yourself and begin soul searching on where you went wrong and how to get help.
I don't take idiotic requests from the St. Paul Troll. Search whatever blackened lump you call your "soul" for why you troll, spam, hate, and smear other posters.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#140 Nov 13, 2012
responder wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't take idiotic requests from the St. Paul Troll.......BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,FAR T,BLAH,BLAH.......
You are just displaying more idiocy, numbnuts. You are NOT doing your side any good on here and would be better served to go volunteer at your local democrat office where they will put you on some type of manual task with NO interaction with the general public.
responder

Columbus, OH

#141 Nov 13, 2012
the rest of us wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just displaying more idiocy, numbnuts. You are NOT doing your side any good on here and would be better served to go volunteer at your local democrat office where they will put you on some type of manual task with NO interaction with the general public.
You seem obsessed with "manual tasks" mops, and broomclosets...is that where your local ReTHUGlican congressman took you to show you the 'ins and outs of politics,' perhaps? Kind of a nostaglia thing?

LOL

au contraire

Location hidden

#142 Nov 13, 2012
responder wrote:
<quoted text>
No hate, joy that we re-elected the right man for the job. Although yes, there's a certain amount of glee that your kind was slapped down and sent crying to your rooms....LOL
Slapped down, you jest of course. When it takes fraud to win, there is no power in your swing chickie poo.

Since: Feb 11

Grants Pass, OR

#143 Nov 13, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry. Did I make you cry proving you wrong? You seem so filled with hate..
And you seem so full of [email protected]

Not all Latinos are bigots...

A new survey conducted by Lake Research Partners found that strong majorities of Latino registered voters supported access to legal abortion, affirmed that they would offer support to a close friend or family member who had an abortion, and opposed politicians interfering in personal, private decisions about abortion.

Nearly seven in ten Latino voters agreed with the statement, "even though church leaders take a position against abortion, when it comes to the law, I believe it should remain legal." This groundbreaking poll, conducted on behalf of NLIRH and the Reproductive Health Technologies Project (RHTP), sheds new light on Latino/a attitudes by going beyond legality to gauge feelings related to judgment and support around abortion.

This new research confirms what NLIRH has known for a long time--there are widespread misconceptions when it comes to Latino/a attitudes toward abortion.

Key findings:

Latinos support a woman's right to make decisions.

74% of Latino registered voters agree that a woman has a right to make her own personal, private decisions about abortion without politicians interfering.

Latinos don't think we should judge other women's decisions.

73% of Latino registered voters agree that we should not judge someone who feels they are not ready to be a parent. 57% strongly agrees with this statement.

Latinos are supportive of close friends and family members choosing abortion.

67% of Latino voters say they would give support to a close friend or family member who had an abortion. 43% say they would provide a lot of support. Only 23% says they would not feel comfortable offering support.

Latinos don't think money should determine access to abortion.

61% agree that the amount of money a woman has or does not have should not determine whether she could have an abortion when she needs one.

Latinos are willing to disagree with church leaders.

68% agree with the statement “even though church leaders take a position against abortion, when it comes to the law, I believe it should remain legal.”
Billy Ringo

New York, NY

#144 Nov 13, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Slapped down, you jest of course. When it takes fraud to win, there is no power in your swing chickie poo.
Well, as your once-upon-a-time rising star Piyush so eloquently put it ....

GOP Should Stop Being The Party Of Stupid.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#145 Nov 13, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Children should be seen and not heard, or read. Are you still filled with hate after wining the defeat of America. It must be yourself your hate is focused on. Such a pity.
I dont understand either why Liberals are so filled with Hate after their win.
I was told once the only thing worse then a sore loser was a sore winner and the Libs all seem to be sore winners.
VN Vet

Richmond, VA

#146 Nov 13, 2012
The real racists are the liberals keeping the blacks and poor down in slavery. You may say I'm nuts, but is being on "da welfare and having Obama phone" begging and being a parasite not being in real slavery? If you don't think so, you are a fool.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#147 Nov 13, 2012
responder wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem obsessed with "manual tasks" mops, and broomclosets...is that where your local ReTHUGlican congressman took you to show you the 'ins and outs of politics,' perhaps? Kind of a nostaglia thing?
LOL
Typical vile, dumb leftist ass.....first instinct is always to be vicious or perverted. No numbnuts, I don't have an obsession with broom closets. I happen to believe that any work is good work and for the mentally challenged unskilled labor like you, doing a manual task can make you useful versus the complete waste of time you spend on here.

au contraire

Location hidden

#148 Nov 14, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, as your once-upon-a-time rising star Piyush so eloquently put it ....
GOP Should Stop Being The Party Of Stupid.
You act like you are not really convenienced you won.
responder

Columbus, OH

#149 Nov 14, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Slapped down, you jest of course. When it takes fraud to win, there is no power in your swing chickie poo.
Mindless, meaningless response on your part. Obviously there was no "fraud" necessary for Mr. Obama's overwhelming win, nor could you provide evidence of any.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Grey Ghost 1,405,649
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min District 1 219,716
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Abe 233,550
News Donald Trump encourages Russia to hack Hillary ... 6 hr Crystal_Clear722 46
News Democrats fire warning shots at Hillary - and s... 10 hr He Named Me Black... 3
News Ben Affleck: Republicans 'had a chance' (Oct '12) 11 hr Lawrence Wolf 81
News How Democratic VP Candidate Tim Kaine Evolved o... 11 hr YourEx 15
More from around the web