Mitt Romney on spending cuts: - I lik...

Mitt Romney on spending cuts: - I like PBS, I love Big Bird'

There are 153 comments on the The Washington Post story from Oct 3, 2012, titled Mitt Romney on spending cuts: - I like PBS, I love Big Bird'. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Oct. 3, 2012 - During the first presidential debate Wednesday night, GOP challenger Mitt Romney said he would cut funding for PBS, even though he is a fan of Big Bird.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

obarry

Oak Hill, WV

#44 Oct 3, 2012
To oregonsux: everyone but you and a few diehards say obama lost. Deal with it. By the way, you never came through with those links or facts on Romneys taxes. I mean real facts, not your made up ones. Can't? Wow. We THought so.
Without Reason

Grand Prairie, TX

#45 Oct 3, 2012
for me i just feel like a lot of our freedom is being taken away from Obama already. the medicare he has has always just been a great slump of money. it seemed more like insurance companies were losing money and a lot of they're statements had to change do to Obama medicare. prices went up taxes went up and on top of that he said that unemployment would go down by offering jobs yet you here more and more people losing they're job or trying to qualify for medical disability bc they cant handle the stress of trying to get a job they arnt able to get. like in califonia you cant get a regular cashier job unless youve had 4-6 years experience on the job or working on a business degree in college. hes tried to cut our military down and i can say this with experience bc i was in the airforce for 3 years. Obama tried to cut the militaries paychecks completely off for what he was planning 3 months but bc of a large amount of complaints and refusal from co workers in branches and not being able to afford things like child care services food and living off base. so instead he replaced it with cutting people out of the military. they downsized so much that even i got kicked out do to the budget cut. im not saying im on romneys side but right now obamas not really someone i would want in office if he says "ill work just as hard next 2 years im in office".

Your thoughts?
BENGHAZI GATE

Orange, CA

#46 Oct 3, 2012
Breaking: Barrack Obama announces that he will skip future debates and go back on the View.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#47 Oct 4, 2012
Yep, 8 in 10 still don't like Romney and were not swayed by his freakishly weird hyper performance tonight. Mormon Red Bull LOL.

Forget the red, it was just BULL LOL.

Obama wins on health care and improving the economy while they tie on taxes. Romney only gets to even when he lies, lie and then lies some more.

Romney lied about pre existing conditions. Romney lied about 20% in tax cuts. Romney lied about his $5 TRILLION in added debt. Romney lies about everything except his unending, bottomless disdain for Americans.

Really.

The one thing that comes out crystal clear from Thurston Howell Romney III is how much he hates Americans. He moves jobs out of the country, he moves money out of the country. Romney hates Americans because, you know, the POS is such a superior being and will soon be God on another planet somewhere out in space.

Why does someone like Romney, who clearly hates Americans and the USA, run to be POTUS? Why?

Why, he does so he can grind us into the ground for his personal pleasure and a fatter bank account. Period. That much was clearly seen tonight.

Location hidden

#48 Oct 4, 2012
Romney keeps losing ground when he denigrates ObamaCare especially when he lies about RomneyCare.

Nice to see that POS taking 100% credit for Massachusetts schools. Yeah, that's Romney teaching kids in the classroom. Massachusetts hated Romney giving his reign of lying a 34% approval rating.

I am sure people in Mass were throwing things at the TV when he took sole credit for Mass schools.

Get a load of how the pathologically lying scumbag talked about education. He starts off saying that it should be a local thing and then he talked about it being improved from the top down from the federal government. What?

This POS demented fool cannot even stop contradicting himself from the beginning of a thought to the end. Is Romney demented?

Saint Louis, MO

#49 Oct 4, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
Romney is a pathetic debater. He is soaked in flop sweat a la Nixon and has this 'I am in awe of Obama' look on his face most of the time.

When it is his turn to speak he jumps up and down and gesticulates like a crazy lunatic.

What a pathetic performance.
That pathetic performance was fat superior to the performance our president delivered. He looked so lost and annoyed without his TelePrompTer.

Saint Louis, MO

#50 Oct 4, 2012
John wrote:
Romney did a whole lot better than I thought he would. I am not swayed by him though. He put on a good show, but he also confirmed my dislike for him. I expect he'll get a bump from that debate. He did good, but I still couldn't vote for such a person. He would not be a good representative of my morals and ethics. Different strokes for different folks.
Your morals and ethics must include not working for a living and murdering babies.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#51 Oct 4, 2012
47% of Americans are struggling to have a turkey on the Thanksgiving table. Bishop Rmoney dreams of Big Bird for dinner.

Saint Louis, MO

#52 Oct 4, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
Romney keeps losing ground when he denigrates ObamaCare especially when he lies about RomneyCare.

Nice to see that POS taking 100% credit for Massachusetts schools. Yeah, that's Romney teaching kids in the classroom. Massachusetts hated Romney giving his reign of lying a 34% approval rating.

I am sure people in Mass were throwing things at the TV when he took sole credit for Mass schools.

Get a load of how the pathologically lying scumbag talked about education. He starts off saying that it should be a local thing and then he talked about it being improved from the top down from the federal government. What?

This POS demented fool cannot even stop contradicting himself from the beginning of a thought to the end. Is Romney demented?
Man you would suck Obamas d!ck all night you good little liberal.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#53 Oct 4, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Your morals and ethics must include not working for a living and murdering babies.
Why did Bishop Rmoney call his sons (all five) liars during the debate??? Wasn't he their teacher? Did you know Bishop Rmoney paid for the abortion clause in the in vitro contracts with the surrogate mother of his sons??? I wonder how much you know. Did you know working Americans pay a higher tax rate than Bishop Rmoney who is taxed at the capital gains rate because his income is UNEARNED?
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#54 Oct 4, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
That pathetic performance was fat superior to the performance our president delivered. He looked so lost and annoyed without his TelePrompTer.
We need to stop the lying and stop corporate welfare.

Location hidden

#55 Oct 4, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Man you would suck Obamas d!ck all night you good little liberal.
The Koch Brothers keep telling you not to forget the tub of lard dummy.

Location hidden

#56 Oct 4, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
47% of Americans are struggling to have a turkey on the Thanksgiving table. Bishop Rmoney dreams of Big Bird for dinner.
LOL. I see a series of cartoons in the making:

Romney throttling BigBird while flinging emptying his pockets of pennies and giving them to Exxon Mobil.

Romney in his mansion hacking away at BigBird on the turkey platter while poor children look in, starving and horrified, from the street.

That had to be one of the dumbest, nastiest statements he could make. Romney is going after children's programming so that he can have a huge tax break for his four story garage and 9 car elevator.

Since: Dec 10

Mastic, NY

#57 Oct 4, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I see a series of cartoons in the making:
Romney throttling BigBird while flinging emptying his pockets of pennies and giving them to Exxon Mobil.
Romney in his mansion hacking away at BigBird on the turkey platter while poor children look in, starving and horrified, from the street.
That had to be one of the dumbest, nastiest statements he could make. Romney is going after children's programming so that he can have a huge tax break for his four story garage and 9 car elevator.
I thought PBS was a "public" organization? Well, let the public pay for it.

Saint Louis, MO

#58 Oct 4, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. I see a series of cartoons in the making:

You are some kind of demented. Every statement you make is taken out of context.

By the way, screw PBS. End the whole station. But that money toward our ever increasing debt that your golden boy was supposed to slash in four years.
hmmm

Muscle Shoals, AL

#59 Oct 4, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
The Koch Brothers keep telling you not to forget the tub of lard dummy.
\

but do you suck wood???
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#60 Oct 4, 2012
Romney on the Deficit.."Well, we are gonna not raise any taxes, but increase revenue and spend more on defense, the rest is something i can tell ya later"......Romney on Obamacare.."Well, i like this and that from his program, but i have some better ideas, kinda specific and i will have to get with you, later on it"......Wait...what?....
God Bless Obama

Oscoda, MI

#61 Oct 4, 2012
PBS is wholesome. How much more wholesome for T.V. viewing can you get? Not to mention informative. I thought the Republicans liked and supported family values. PBS is a family values entity. Hypocrites. Dems should start cutting funding to Republican funded areas. Fight fire with bigger fire! Time to hit and cut at areas that are important to the GOP!

Saint Louis, MO

#62 Oct 4, 2012
God Bless Obama wrote:
PBS is wholesome. How much more wholesome for T.V. viewing can you get? Not to mention informative. I thought the Republicans liked and supported family values. PBS is a family values entity. Hypocrites. Dems should start cutting funding to Republican funded areas. Fight fire with bigger fire! Time to hit and cut at areas that are important to the GOP!
Don't be so condescending. We have bigger issues that require money than public tv.
Media Scrambling

Orange, CA

#63 Oct 4, 2012
God Bless Obama wrote:
YOU MISSED THE POINT, AGAIN.

Mitt said he would not fund PBS if he had to borrow from China.

He's not going to sell his soul to continue something that TV audiences can donate to if they really wanted Big Bird. Government does not have to fund PBS. YOU CAN IF YOU WANT THE PRODUCT. Half the population who see no need for Big Bird don't need to fund it for the other half. Many don't watch TV at all. They read books. TV is lazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,383,392
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 33 min Injudgement 225,032
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Orleans 214,458
News Hillary Clinton keeps losing. So how come she's... 2 hr Frankendrumpf 134
News Ben Affleck: Republicans 'had a chance' (Oct '12) 4 hr Ronald RayGone 79
News Bruce Springsteen: George W Bush ruined lives (Jan '09) 4 hr Eddie Munster 19
News US gives directive to schools on transgender ba... 4 hr Three Rounds 18
More from around the web