Mitt Romney on spending cuts: - I lik...

Mitt Romney on spending cuts: - I like PBS, I love Big Bird'

There are 153 comments on the The Washington Post story from Oct 3, 2012, titled Mitt Romney on spending cuts: - I like PBS, I love Big Bird'. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Oct. 3, 2012 - During the first presidential debate Wednesday night, GOP challenger Mitt Romney said he would cut funding for PBS, even though he is a fan of Big Bird.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

John

Quinlan, TX

#23 Oct 3, 2012
Tony wrote:
Another victory for Obama. Obama kicked azz this evening no doubt. He will be re-elected no doubt.
Romney again no specifics just talking points.
I can't stand Romney. But come on man, Obama did not kick ass tonight. Romney is still a clueless yayhoo, but he will get a bump in the polls. Be real and objective. Romney will temporarily change some voter's minds. Not mine though, and it is a little scary, cause he put on a good show.

President Romney is a disgusting thought.
Ebony and Ivory

Muscle Shoals, AL

#24 Oct 3, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney is hysterical and not in a fun, cute way. He is just hyperventilating and saying exactly the same crap he always says.
He just lies, offers magical math that will cause another Bush Great Recession, denigrates PBS and the moderator and refuses to provide any specifics about his magical programs. Only stupid people would believe anything this creep says.
Romney will say anything to cut his own tax rate to effectively ZERO on $21Million of annual income...anything.
BARACK OBAMA is hysterical and not in a fun, cute way. He is just hyperventilating and saying exactly the same crap he always says.
He just lies, offers magical math that will cause another Bush Great Recession, denigrates PBS and the moderator and refuses to provide any specifics about his magical programs. Only stupid people would believe anything this creep says.
BARACK OBAMA will say anything to cut his own tax rate to effectively ZERO on $21Million of annual income...anything.[

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#25 Oct 3, 2012
Romney finally admits that he actually did Romneycare and admits that Republiscum in Congress refused to provide health care for American families.

Romney blames Republiscums in Congress for their failures. It is about time.
obarry

Oak Hill, WV

#26 Oct 3, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney is hysterical and not in a fun, cute way. He is just hyperventilating and saying exactly the same crap he always says.
Romney will say anything to cut his own tax rate to effectively ZERO on $21Million of annual income...anything.
What lies did he tell? Of course you cannot answer, unless you consult with the daily kos to get your sheeple feeding. Why cannot PBS support itself? As for Romneys taxes, do you have proof of what you claim? I didn't think so. Rants from a whiny loser. Even Bill Maher said obama lost. Live with it.
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#27 Oct 3, 2012
Mitt was great. He answered all questions. He won the debate.
Without Reason

Grand Prairie, TX

#28 Oct 3, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any facts about Matt Romney lying about what he says? im not attacking you im just curious on why you seem to be attacking him but not showing any proof to back up your accusations.
John

Quinlan, TX

#29 Oct 3, 2012
3OHA wrote:
That Romney was in command became apparent in the first twenty minutes, when he addressed Obama's being all over the place with four examples unrelated to the question, or making a point. This is where some people have observed him as "stammering", when it is only an example of how a Leftist mind works. Romney regained some cohesiveness in the subject by addressing the President being all over the place by his enumerating the unrelated issues, but addressing them in their individual economic reality. After the first twenty minutes, Romney spoke to the American people with common sense and direct concerns for Marxist presumptions. Obama wouldn't look at Romney, Lehrer, or the camera. Business experience does trump the social services programs at Harvard.
Romney did a great job to solidify his loyalty from gullible people. The man is a clueless rich guy unconnected to regular people.
John

Quinlan, TX

#30 Oct 3, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
Romney appears demented again. Why is he sweating so much? Lehrer is doing anything he can, short of throwing something at him, to make his STFU.
Romney just starts talking, in a reckless way, and cannot shut up. Poor Lehrer.
What exactly is wrong with Romney's face? Does he take anything, other than his personal bank account, seriously? No. The economy, jobs, Medicare, foreign policy, etc...Romney takes nothing seriously.
He looks and sounds like a little kid jumping up and down saying look at me, look at me! Pay attention to me! What a total disgrace.
That's a good description. It's like an advertisement that is full of crap, but sucks in a lot of people that don't know better.
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#31 Oct 3, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney did a great job to solidify his loyalty from gullible people. The man is a clueless rich guy unconnected to regular people.
That must be how he's done such a good job as father to five sons, who heightened his sense of dealing with kid mentalities inclined to meander all over the place thinking he'd forget what the issue was... like Obama... the kid.
BENGHAZI GATE

Orange, CA

#32 Oct 3, 2012
Bill Maher on the debate, "I must say, of all the Romneys I've seen, this Debate Romney is my favorite"

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#33 Oct 3, 2012
"Just because you keep saying something over and over again doesn't mean it's true."
I thought Chairman Obama was going to faint when Romney said that right to his face. Now THAT'S what TV was made for. Great stuff.
BENGHAZI GATE

Orange, CA

#34 Oct 3, 2012
CBS KN instant reaction poll:

Big win for Romney. By 46-22 say think won, 56% have better opinion of Romney, Romney cares up from 30 to 63

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#35 Oct 3, 2012
Romney destroyed Obama tonight! His incompetence left Obama begging for the moderator to help

Location hidden

#36 Oct 3, 2012
Was Romney on speed?

That might explain the wide-eyed look, the coming-out-of-his-skin hysteria and the childlike tantrums against Lehrer.

Location hidden

#37 Oct 3, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good description. It's like an advertisement that is full of crap, but sucks in a lot of people that don't know better.
Obama was presidential, adult, quiet, specific and clear.

Romney was hysterical, childish, pathologically lying, contradictory and rude.

Romney saying that 800,000 jobs would be lost due to Obamacare-Romneycare isn't true. Actually, a bunch of seniors could retire knowing that they have health coverage until Medicare kicks in. Young people would fill those open positions.

Romney is out trying to screw the American people and will say anything, do anything to get into office to do so. He is very negative about the USA saying that we are going to hell if we do not elect him.

This is Romney the guy with the green apron around his genitals talking. Romney is God and will tell us little people how to live our lives.

He will take all of our money, eliminate Medicare by 2016, eliminate Social Security, outlaw unions, treat women as second class citizens, treat minorities as second class citizens, cut taxes for millionaires and billionaires and big corporations to zero and explode the deficit AND raise taxes on middle class families.

This is the entirety of the Romney plan. The reason he cannot articulate it is because it screws middle class families up the wazoo.

You have to be a complete an utter idiotic America-hater to be a Republiscum.

Location hidden

#38 Oct 3, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Romney was on some kind of speed. Look at the sweat on his upper lip. He doesn't ingest caffeine regularly so I think that he took something to get amped up.

He looked desperate because he is desperate. The more people get to know him, the more people despise him.

After campaigning for a decade he had 25% of Republiscum support and 75% of Republiscums looking for ANYONE else even Donald I am a moneywhore Trump and Rick I am Dumb Perry.
obarry

Oak Hill, WV

#39 Oct 3, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama was presidential, adult, quiet, specific and clear.
Romney was hysterical, childish, pathologically lying, contradictory and rude.
Romney saying that 800,000 jobs would be lost due to Obamacare-Romneycare isn't true. Actually, a bunch of seniors could retire knowing that they have health coverage until Medicare kicks in. Young people would fill those open positions.
Romney is out trying to screw the American people and will say anything, do anything to get into office to do so. He is very negative about the USA saying that we are going to hell if we do not elect him.
This is Romney the guy with the green apron around his genitals talking. Romney is God and will tell us little people how to live our lives.
He will take all of our money, eliminate Medicare by 2016, eliminate Social Security, outlaw unions, treat women as second class citizens, treat minorities as second class citizens, cut taxes for millionaires and billionaires and big corporations to zero and explode the deficit AND raise taxes on middle class families.
This is the entirety of the Romney plan. The reason he cannot articulate it is because it screws middle class families up the wazoo.
You have to be a complete an utter idiotic America-hater to be a Republiscum.
I guess your dreamyeyded view of obama won you over. Most media is giving this one to Romney. Obama was lost. Still wonder when you are going to give those facts you have on Romneys taxes. You know, the ones you don't have.

Location hidden

#40 Oct 3, 2012
Romney:$5 Trillion in tax cuts +$2 Trillion in increased military spending to go to war with Russia via Iran.

It just shows how childish the GOPOX is that they buy this magical math. This is exactly how Reagan turned the USA from the world's largest creditor into the world's largest debtor.

This is exactly how Dubya turned the USA from being on track to pay off the National Debt by 2010 to being in the worst financial disaster since the Great Depression.

Romney wants to screw the USA to the wall, stomp on its head and gut its for his own pleasure. The man is a America-hating sociopath and it showed tonight.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#42 Oct 3, 2012
Romney was running on all eight cylinders tonight. Obama's batteries ran out of juice and there was no wind or sun to save him. Even though he spent 98 Billion dollars on solar and wind fiascos. 315 mil(US Population) goes into 98 billion=311 times and some change. That's 311 dollars he's taken out of the pocket of every man, woman and child for NOTHING. If you have a family of 4 that's over 12 hundred dollars Obama has taken out of your pocket to fund his follies and payoffs to bundlers. If you make 10 dollars per hr you worked over 31 hours for each person in your family to pay for Obama's follies. Ain't that sumpin?
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#43 Oct 3, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Romney was on some kind of speed. Look at the sweat on his upper lip. He doesn't ingest caffeine regularly so I think that he took something to get amped up.
He looked desperate because he is desperate. The more people get to know him, the more people despise him.
After campaigning for a decade he had 25% of Republiscum support and 75% of Republiscums looking for ANYONE else even Donald I am a moneywhore Trump and Rick I am Dumb Perry.
One of the things Obama should have prepped for... is not lying about his student aid program and the delusion it has greatly benefited anyone other than the freeloaders scamming yet another government handout and having their loans forgiven, adding to the national debt. Regretfully, I have a sister who just finished scamming 20 Thousand Dollars from that program by knowing she could get two loans, use them to buy a huge flat screen TV, a new computer system and a bunch of other stuff, then stop school because of a medical condition she was fully aware of before starting the scam and using doctor's notes later about her medical condition to get the loans forgiven. She knew damn well from the very start she had no intention of completing any educational process, almost all of it online. There are many thousands of unqualified "students" being paid to live, buy drugs and collect food stamps, then become unproductive members of society and continue a different form of dependency on your and my money. Not all of them are willing to play with their health to stay on the government dole like my sister, but the scams are legion. Obama considers them only bought votes.

You aren't my sister, are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min No Surprize 1,704,301
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr Big Al 38,325
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 7 hr ardith 9,161
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 hr U_Nil_Name 243,314
News Justice Ginsburg, nearing 85, signals she won't... Sun spud 70
News George W. Bush says Russia meddled in 2016 US e... Sat Trump is a joke 80
News Illegal immigrant found guilty in murder of 2 d... Sat mr gleeble 36
More from around the web