Area gun sales, fears rising

Nov 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: North Port Sun

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Comments (Page 31)

Showing posts 601 - 620 of7,571
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Lol. Those little "judge it" icons provide no more validity or argument than the repeated pasting of the same post over and over.

Talk about mindlessness.
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Ratliff wrote:
<quoted text>
"Based on Census Bureau estimates, the nationís white population, which was 85 percent in 1960 and 63 percent in 2011, will drop to minority status, about 47 percent, in 2050. Latino population, only 3.5 percent in 1960 and 17 percent last year, is projected to rise to 29 percent by then, while Asian-Americans, less than one percent 52 years ago and 5 percent last year, is seen as rising to 9 percent in 2050. The trend of fast-rising Latino population is happening in other traditionally Republican states such as Arizona and Texas."
In Iowa and New Hampshire, states without big minority populations, Obama won by gaining the support of nearly six in 10 women. Obama won 71% of the Asian-American vote. From the exit polls, President Obamaís support from men slipped a few points from 49% four years ago, but women supported the president over Romney by 55% to 44%.
So you agree that there should be nationalized integration then so the rich white states can feel the diversity. Well that's progress.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. And, if he's so well read, why does he keep posting the same discredited crap over and over?
Limited intellect? Probably a fair guess.

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

JusttheFacts wrote:
<quoted text>No wonder your side lost the last two elections. Your mind must be racing just trying to imagine all those things. What a surprise you would get.
Which side lost the election? Iíve got news for you. We continue on our currently economic path and everyone will lose.

George W. Bush occupied the White House for 8 years. What were your ignorant statements then?
Ratliff

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Village Mystery wrote:
<quoted text>
So you agree that there should be nationalized integration then so the rich white states can feel the diversity. Well that's progress.
In Iowa and New Hampshire, states without big minority populations, Obama won by gaining the support of nearly six in 10 women. Obama won 71% of the Asian-American vote. From the exit polls, President Obamaís support from men slipped a few points from 49% four years ago, but women supported the president over Romney by 55% to 44%.

Republicans have won the white vote in every presidential election since 1964, and that continued Tuesday with Romney beating Obama by 20 points, 59 percent to 39 percent, according to exit polls.

Obama won 80 percent of the minority vote, which, besides Latinos, included African Americans, 13 percent of turnout, the same as 2008, and Asian-Americans, who were 3 percent of the vote, up a point from the last election. President Barack Obama on Tuesday won a whopping 71% of the Latino vote, up from 67% in 2008.

In 2012, the share of the Latino vote rose to a record high 10%, a number thatís doubled in the past 16 years. President Obama won about 8.4 million Latino votes, using a rough calculation based on exit-poll data. Romney captured no more than 3.44 million votes.

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Village Mystery wrote:
Lol. Those little "judge it" icons provide no more validity or argument than the repeated pasting of the same post over and over.
Talk about mindlessness.
Agreed, I seldom use them. Usually only for Tory II. He loves peanuts.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Ratliff wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only was Obama strong in states with the highest percentage of college graduates, he was also strong in states with the highest average household incomes. For example, the five states with the HIGHEST average household incomes (which, not coincidentally, were also among the states with the highest percentage of college graduates).
Maryland $67,469
New Hampshire $67,287
Connecticut $67,165
New Jersey $65,072
Massachusetts $62,809
Virginia $62,776
The dumber the state the more likely they are a red state. On the other hand, Obama won Florida which has only 23% college graduates.
"According to a state-by-state breakdown by the Census Bureau, here are the top 15 states with the best college completion rates as of 2010. All of them have at least 43 percent of its young residents holding a college degree, but only two states have over 50 percent. D.C., which was included in the study, beat out all of the states with an impressive 68.8 percent.
Blue - Massachusetts 54.3% of the population
Red - North Dakota 50.8% of the population
Blue - Minnesota 49.8% of the population
Blue - New York 49.6% of the population 47.2% of the population
Blue - New Jersey 47.2% of the population
Blue - New Hampshire 46.0% of the population
Blue - Connecticut 45.9% of the population
Blue - Iowa 45.5% of the population
Blue - Maryland 45.5% of the population
Blue- llinois 45.3% of the population
Blue - Virginia 44.6% of the population
Blue - Vermont 44.5% of the population
Red - Nebraska 44.2% of the population
Blue - Pennsylvania 43.9% of the population"
So out of the fifteen states with the highest percentages of college graduates, twelve voted for Obama. And as for the nonsense some have proposed about liberalism being "cyclical", republicans have gotten the majority of the white vote in every presidential race since 1964.
Great. In see theres white trash in Florida too. Except thier white trash can't think for themselves.... Florida white trash does pathetic cut-n-paste of other liberals' crap.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

JusttheFacts wrote:
<quoted text>No wonder your side lost the last two elections. Your mind must be racing just trying to imagine all those things. What a surprise you would get.
My,uh "side" didn't promise free stuff to people stupid enough to believe they're going to get it once the elcetion is over. Obama broke his word to Bill Clinton in a deal for Clinton's support last election and he'll do the same to you white trash losers that voted for him. If you didn't donate large sums to his campaign you don't exist. He just isn't that into you.... But you'll find that out soon enough.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

okimar wrote:
<quoted text>My,uh "side" didn't promise free stuff to people stupid enough to believe they're going to get it once the elcetion is over. Obama broke his word to Bill Clinton in a deal for Clinton's support last election and he'll do the same to you white trash losers that voted for him. If you didn't donate large sums to his campaign you don't exist. He just isn't that into you.... But you'll find that out soon enough.
I'm just curious, what deal did Obama have with Clinton? Enquirer minds want to know.
JusttheFacts

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

okimar wrote:
<quoted text>My,uh "side" didn't promise free stuff to people stupid enough to believe they're going to get it once the elcetion is over. Obama broke his word to Bill Clinton in a deal for Clinton's support last election and he'll do the same to you white trash losers that voted for him. If you didn't donate large sums to his campaign you don't exist. He just isn't that into you.... But you'll find that out soon enough.
Romney would be so proud you quoting him on why he lost the election. i.e. Freestuff. Keep posting, 2016 will be here before you know it. Democrats can always use your help in persuading others why NOT to vote the hate ticket.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

JusttheFacts wrote:
<quoted text>Actually in OP Desert Storm there were 16 other nations with the US in the wipe out that took 2 weeks. But you just keep talking your BS. Sorry to interrupt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
JusttheFacts

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Where Is My America wrote:
Dersert Storm was Bush41. OP Iraqi Freedom was Bush43. It is confusing, but ODS took 16 nations and 2 weeks. OIF took 10 years and at one time maybe 6 other nations. Iraqi Freedom was Bush43 trying to show his dad how big of man he was. His dad probably always liked Jeb better.
Blue

Port Charlotte, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Boooooo! Get out from under that bed pugs!
Blue

Port Charlotte, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

JusttheFacts wrote:
<quoted text>Dersert Storm was Bush41. OP Iraqi Freedom was Bush43. It is confusing, but ODS took 16 nations and 2 weeks. OIF took 10 years and at one time maybe 6 other nations. Iraqi Freedom was Bush43 trying to show his dad how big of man he was. His dad probably always liked Jeb better.
yep! but look at all the kids that nut got killed over 4400 but none of his.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

The NRA made $442 million dollars last year off people who never have to be afraid. Not even in the shower!! Guns are the great equalizers. At 5 feet tall, 140 pounds I am as tough as an NFL football player. I guarantee if the girl friend of that half brain dead. drugged up football player had had a gun she would be alive today.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

JusttheFacts wrote:
<quoted text>No wonder your side lost the last two elections.
Republicans lost in 2010? No wonder you're factually challenged.
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, I seldom use them. Usually only for Tory II. He loves peanuts.
Oh I use them too. I just don't use them on my own comments :). The icons I was referring to seemed to happen nearly instantly after the copy-n-pasting posts. Some people think that the more people who agree - the more valid their assertions. And obviously many people believe that school credentials and skin color provide some kind of insight as well. Regarding the school credentials and specifically Phds - it appears a new aristocracy - a new nobility, is forming - as void of value and meaning as any other.

So far "Ratcliff" has presented wealth, a degree, skin color, and gender as assertions of truth and validity. It's sick.....really it is. So much junk being offered up into public discourse. Brutes using our language merely to corrupt the means of communicating reality to each other. But as I have said before, reality will still kick Ratcliff and his fellow peasants in the ass. It doesn't suffer being ignored AT ALL. The cause is the ignorance and the EFFECT will be delivered right on time and with the level of ignorance rising in this country (and world) it is going to be one major ass-whooping.
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans lost in 2010? No wonder you're factually challenged.
It's really a good point. Actually Republicans WON the last two elections regarding a branch of government that constitutionally is vastly more powerful than the executive.

Your point should be CONSTANTLY made since the leftists are AGAIN attempting to corrupt the value and meaning of things by implying that we have a dictatorship and THE election only involved the choosing of an emperor. The Republicans join in equally these days - as usual letting the leftists define the terms when they should merely assert reality as it is - like your comment did.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Village Mystery wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really a good point. Actually Republicans WON the last two elections regarding a branch of government that constitutionally is vastly more powerful than the executive.
Your point should be CONSTANTLY made since the leftists are AGAIN attempting to corrupt the value and meaning of things by implying that we have a dictatorship and THE election only involved the choosing of an emperor. The Republicans join in equally these days - as usual letting the leftists define the terms when they should merely assert reality as it is - like your comment did.
When either of the do nothing parties win the American people lose.
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>When either of the do nothing parties win the American people lose.
Absolutely. It's not that I consider the Republicans some kind of significant opposition or alternative - it's just creepy how Americans, of all people, are clamoring for a monarchy when they should be demanding the president just stick to pardoning turkeys and lighting Christmas trees.....in fact, we don't even need an executive branch. Better to just appoint the general that would oversee the military once Congress determines the defensive operations and then a chief diplomat to handle foreign relations and some generic veto type position for a "check". Of course none of these changes would protect against a populous of imbeciles - nothing does but I'm sick of this "leader of the free world" bullshit. What happened to "representatives"?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 601 - 620 of7,571
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the 2012 Presidential Election Forum right now

Search the 2012 Presidential Election Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RealDave 1,078,789
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min jacques Mont Tremblant 174,488
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min American Lady 146,105
Second chance? Perry in Iowa again courting voters 37 min Far Away 50
Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as r... (Jul '13) 1 hr Garrig 9,451
Obama aides were warned of brewing border crisis 1 hr Black Rhino 76
Liberals Swoon for Warren, Point to Clinton in '16 3 hr Yep2 90
•••
•••