Area gun sales, fears rising

There are 7568 comments on the North Port Sun story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Area gun sales, fears rising. In it, North Port Sun reports that:

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Port Sun.

equote

Llano, TX

#2731 Jan 11, 2013
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
(H. L. Mencken)
People who are powerless make an open theater of violence.
(Don DeLillo)
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#2734 Jan 11, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And who said anything abut giving up automatuc weapons??? They are already regulated to high heaven. When was the last time a legally-owned full-auto weapon was ever used in a crime???? Full-auto weapons are NOT the problem.
You can call them whatever you like, when a rifle is capable of killing or injuring 80 people in less than 60 seconds in a movie theater, call it ‘full’ call it ‘semi’— it's semantics and a mere technicality!!!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#2736 Jan 11, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Your "every man for himself" attitude is un-american and entirely foreign to decent, civilized folks!
Actually, it's totally American. If our founders wanted these ridiculous social programs, they would have been written into the Constitution. They weren't, and do you know why? Because it was every man for himself. Government was for government issues only--not social issues.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#2739 Jan 11, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a Republican nor am I a Democrat; I am a social liberal and fiscal conservative. I hold just about all politicians in equally low regard, the only exceptions being those I hold in utter contempt. I also think the establishment two-party system in Washington is a recipe for disaster! Something has gone terribly wrong when the biggest threat to the American economy is congress ... let’s face it, the guys who rejected the English Monarchy and opted for a liberal constitution instead were outrageous progressive at the time!
Bull. Congress is not responsible for the lack of jobs--DumBama is.

It's funny how nothing negative is DumBama's fault. If it's not Bush, it's the Republican Congress. If it's not the Republican Congress, it's Japanese earthquakes. If it's not Japanese earthquakes, it's ATM machines. If it's not ATM machines, it's tsunamis.

In four years from now, you will continue to make excuses for this incompetent. How do I know? Because that's what I told you leftists before DumBama's first year was up in the White House.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#2740 Jan 11, 2013
It's just like Obama said, they will cling to their Guns and religion.
The Pro

Laconia, NH

#2741 Jan 11, 2013
Funny the President has plenty of guns protecting his family. I dont think the weapons protecting his family will have restricted magazines. Im not some doomsday nutt either but I believe they have the right to defend themselves. I think HI CAP mags are great and fun. Its not our fault some mad man feels the need to shoot kids. It is the governments fault for not protecting them with the same firepower they protect themselves with.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#2742 Jan 11, 2013
arcanumseeker wrote:
It's just like Obama said, they will cling to their Guns and religion.
The two things liberals both hate and fear the most. They hate religion for the flaws it shows in their choices of morality. Guns because it prevents them from exercising their control over people who want nothing to do with their corrupt ideology.
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#2743 Jan 11, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's totally American. If our founders wanted these ridiculous social programs, they would have been written into the Constitution. They weren't, and do you know why? Because it was every man for himself. Government was for government issues only--not social issues.
The founding Fathers were at the time the Richest in America and they were slave owners who at first wanted no one to have a vote about anything and then later wanted only a landowner to be able to vote. Of course they didn't want anything other than for themselves.

Largo, FL

#2744 Jan 11, 2013
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>You know Dem or Repub should not matter on this subject. I never want any former President held hostage or gunned down by a nut case. It's Americas Office of President we are protecting as much as the persons.
Agreed.

Largo, FL

#2745 Jan 11, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
your opinion I realize, but total BS, Obama barely deserved to be elected to the Ill. senate, he's never done anything of note, to claim him superior to a proven politician and businessman like Romney shows you to be one of the LIV's.
Obama doesn't care one bit about creating jobs, he's never done anything to create jobs outside of the failed green energy industry that has cost us around $90 billion dollars.
He got his tax raise on the "rich", now he has nothing.
He's never done anything of note? Well, you might want to "note" that he has won 2 Presidential elections. How many did Romney win again?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#2746 Jan 11, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
You can call them whatever you like, when a rifle is capable of killing or injuring 80 people in less than 60 seconds in a movie theater, call it ‘full’ call it ‘semi’— it's semantics and a mere technicality!!!
That number of people can be killed in less than one second without the use of a firearm (ie. OK City). Your point is moot. And a rifle, in and of itself, is NOT capable of killing anyone. It is a hard heart and a careful aim that kills indiscriminately.

Largo, FL

#2747 Jan 11, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Traygone was a violent, racist criminal who violently and illegally attacked Zimmerman, the POS got what he deserved, more of these criminals need the same.
Will you be testifying at Zimmerman's trial, since you were there and saw what happened? I think you should. Zimmerman needs you to tell the jury what you saw.

Like you, I am also outraged at this terrible miscarriage of justice. I mean, i shudder everytime I think of that lousy Trayvon Martin, who was armed to the teeth with a bag of Skittles, attacking poor George Zimmerman, who had nothing but a pistol to defend himself with.
ntune

New Bern, NC

#2748 Jan 11, 2013
The present administration is good for one industry!
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#2749 Jan 11, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
The LSM is in the tank for Obama, that is a fact, they have been for years, pretty hard for Romney or any republican to overcome that.
In 2008 they refused to properly vet Obama, essentially giving him a pass. If they would have done their jobs Obama would never have even beat Hillary.
You have ran the best Repub minds for the past two elections. You Betcha!

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#2750 Jan 11, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you be testifying at Zimmerman's trial, since you were there and saw what happened? I think you should. Zimmerman needs you to tell the jury what you saw.
Like you, I am also outraged at this terrible miscarriage of justice. I mean, i shudder everytime I think of that lousy Trayvon Martin, who was armed to the teeth with a bag of Skittles, attacking poor George Zimmerman, who had nothing but a pistol to defend himself with.
Zimmerman takes out the trash,libs cry RIVERS. 500 + killed last year in Chicago,libs.....

Crickets****

Scratch a lib and a HYPOCRIT bleeds.

Largo, FL

#2751 Jan 11, 2013
ntune wrote:
The present administration is good for one industry!
I agree. The Obama administration is the best thing that ever happened to the right wing nut industry. Glenn Beck would never have had a TV show, or sold as many of his "books" to so many suckers, if there had been no Obama administration.

Largo, FL

#2752 Jan 11, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman takes out the trash,libs cry RIVERS. 500 + killed last year in Chicago,libs.....
Crickets****
Scratch a lib and a HYPOCRIT bleeds.
Trayvon Martin killed over 500 people in Chicago? I didn't know that.
The Pro

Laconia, NH

#2753 Jan 11, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Well atleast he followed the golden rule dont pull it unless your going to use it. Im sorry are you a witness do you know what happened first hand. Maybe they both were fighting over control of the gun??? who knows.
The Pro

Laconia, NH

#2754 Jan 11, 2013
Funny all of the scumpit cities have all the gun violence problems. You guys know what Im talking about all the gun free cities Boston, New York City, Chicago, and the District of Columbia. All of these rappers who support Obama mainly JAYZ rap about selling drugs and not working for a living. One of his songs talks about ambushing other drug dealers Friend or Foe another one talks about chasing crackers up the street. This is the guy that hung out with the president and campaigned for him come on people wake up.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#2755 Jan 11, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who wrote the Constitution lived in a small rural country, huddled along the Eastern Seaboard with a population of 3.5 Million — a large part of which was financed by slave labor ... many of them believed that it was okay to own other human beings. Almost all of them believed that women should have no role in public affairs. Almost all of them believed people without property have no role in public affairs and no right to cast a vote. Why on earth would anybody think that their decisions ought to bind us now being that huge country with a population of 315 Million? So whenever we discuss something like gun control or national healthcare, before you know it, we're off and running on a completely irrelevant conversation about what people thought 250 years ago, instead of addressing the real problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min positronium 189,831
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min American Independent 1,232,581
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 43 min RayOne 182,363
News Revenge Voting? Hell Yea (Nov '12) 1 hr Truth is might 9,368
News U.S. Republicans navigate the new politics of e... 2 hr American_Infidel 2
News Al-Maliki: U.S. forces wona t stay after 2011 |... (Nov '10) 11 hr swedenforever 5
News Tea Party affiliate FreedomWorks refocuses, cha... 12 hr Le Duped 13
More from around the web