Area gun sales, fears rising

Nov 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: North Port Sun

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Comments
2,441 - 2,460 of 7,571 Comments Last updated Jul 23, 2013

“Reduce immigration levels”

Since: Dec 06

Kings Mountain, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

The Obamas of The World ‘Don’t Want to Save Lives’: The Ted Nugent Gun Interview You’ve Been Waiting For
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/the-obamas-of...
Spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Fed Up wrote:
The Obamas of The World ‘Don’t Want to Save Lives’: The Ted Nugent Gun Interview You’ve Been Waiting For
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/the-obamas-of...
To only find comfort, and safety, in arms is very, very sad indeed. Ronald Reagan was pro-gun control because he feared the Black Panthers. The Ku Klux Klan was founded in order to seize guns from free blacks. I don't buy the notion of Second Amendment absolutists that individually-owned guns are the best defense against the imposition of tyrannical rule in America, if anything it’s comical, I think we're pretty safe from tyrannical rule. But if you were an African-American in 1870s or 1950s, you might have felt a lot safer with a gun. It is my belief that ‘qualified people’ have the right to bear arms, and that the government has the right and responsibility to regulate the sale and ‘the carry’ of guns. There seems to be no sense with the gun-crowed that the very presence of a gun – like all forms of power – alters its bearer’s state of mind, that the possession of a tool of lethal violence will invariably change how one interacts with the world. George Zimmerman, by his own telling, had he been unarmed he would have never stepped out his car.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
To only find comfort, and safety, in arms is very, very sad indeed. Ronald Reagan was pro-gun control because he feared the Black Panthers. The Ku Klux Klan was founded in order to seize guns from free blacks. I don't buy the notion of Second Amendment absolutists that individually-owned guns are the best defense against the imposition of tyrannical rule in America, if anything it’s comical, I think we're pretty safe from tyrannical rule. But if you were an African-American in 1870s or 1950s, you might have felt a lot safer with a gun. It is my belief that ‘qualified people’ have the right to bear arms, and that the government has the right and responsibility to regulate the sale and ‘the carry’ of guns. There seems to be no sense with the gun-crowed that the very presence of a gun – like all forms of power – alters its bearer’s state of mind, that the possession of a tool of lethal violence will invariably change how one interacts with the world. George Zimmerman, by his own telling, had he been unarmed he would have never stepped out his car.
Have you been wrong on sh1t all you life or is this a recent development?

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re nuttier than the nutty professor.

Regan feared the Black Panthers? You mean a man that was commander in chief of the world’s most powerful military was afraid of a few hooligans?

The KKK wasn’t founded to take firearms from freed slaves. Where did you get that line of bullshit from? http://terrorism.about.com/od/groupsleader1/p...

I’ve challenged you previously to show where Zimmerman stated he wouldn’t have gotten out of his car if unarmed. I know a great deal about the Zimmerman case. Prove your assertion. Bet you can’t.
Gramps

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/...

Imagine what would have happened to her and her 2 babies if she hadn't had a gun..
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Gramps wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ mobileweb/2013/01/09/melinda-h erman-mom-who-shot-intruder_n_ 2443920.html
Imagine what would have happened to her and her 2 babies if she hadn't had a gun..
Yeah.... but..... but..... but, there was a school shooting today and the weapon used was a standard shotgun. Damn it, we need to outlaw shotguns. Who needs a shotgun anyway? Shotguns should only be allowed to shoot two BB's, not dozens of them. If we outlaw shotguns, that will stop all the school shootings in the country.

Since: Jan 13

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Hey, how come none of you has said anything about what Obama did today? He actually signed a law that gives himself Secret Service protection for life. Previously, ex-Presidents lost the Secret Service protection 10 years after leaving office. But with the stroke of a pen, Obama has changed the law to give himself that protection for life. Why no outrage about this?

“Reduce immigration levels”

Since: Dec 06

Kings Mountain, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

SUNSET ON THE SECOND AMENDMENT
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Attorney General Holder Back At The Table For Obama’s Gun-control Push
http://www.westernjournalism.com/attorney-gen...

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Calm Liberal wrote:
Hey, how come none of you has said anything about what Obama did today? He actually signed a law that gives himself Secret Service protection for life. Previously, ex-Presidents lost the Secret Service protection 10 years after leaving office. But with the stroke of a pen, Obama has changed the law to give himself that protection for life. Why no outrage about this?
Most likely did it with one ink pen and no press coverage while taking his morning Holder......
Spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re nuttier than the nutty professor.
Regan feared the Black Panthers? You mean a man that was commander in chief of the world’s most powerful military was afraid of a few hooligans?
The KKK wasn’t founded to take firearms from freed slaves. Where did you get that line of bullshit from? http://terrorism.about.com/od/groupsleader1/p...
I’ve challenged you previously to show where Zimmerman stated he wouldn’t have gotten out of his car if unarmed. I know a great deal about the Zimmerman case. Prove your assertion. Bet you can’t.
Sorry Forrest, Reagan was the Gov of CA at the time - get with moron!!!

Since: Jan 13

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
How come you're too chicken and dishonest to answer questions after spouting off?
If i haven't answered any questions, how could I have been dishonest? If you have a question for me, go ahead and ask, and I will answer it.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Calm Liberal wrote:
Really? I thought they all had SS ;protection for life. They can refuse it as Clinton did, but more than likely, DumBama just accepted the lifelong protection. Geee, I wonder if his protectors will have firearms? If so, why?
Wondering

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

The idiots politicans can't even take care of crime in Washington DC what dio they think they will accomplish. The have more cops per capita than any other city and all you get is robbery and shootings in our nations capital.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I thought they all had SS ;protection for life. They can refuse it as Clinton did, but more than likely, DumBama just accepted the lifelong protection. Geee, I wonder if his protectors will have firearms? If so, why?
W. Bush signed,in his first term,the law limiting SS coverage for former Presidents. Obama just re-instated lifetime coverage. The lizard lipped azzwipe must have realized how unpopular he is really gonna be when he's done f**king America...... You'll notice THIS new law wasn't signed in the Rose Garden filled with friendly fawning media coverage.
Wondering

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

If you really think about it any snipers would go for head shots of the body guards, when they fall...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

okimar wrote:
<quoted text>W. Bush signed,in his first term,the law limiting SS coverage for former Presidents. Obama just re-instated lifetime coverage. The lizard lipped azzwipe must have realized how unpopular he is really gonna be when he's done f**king America...... You'll notice THIS new law wasn't signed in the Rose Garden filled with friendly fawning media coverage.
I've never heard of that. Especially since that would have removed SS security from his father--a former President.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Wondering wrote:
If you really think about it any snipers would go for head shots of the body guards, when they fall...
Reagan's shooter was far form a sniper.
Gramps

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Fed Up wrote:
SUNSET ON THE SECOND AMENDMENT
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Attorney General Holder Back At The Table For ObamaÂ’s Gun-control Push
http://www.westernjournalism.com/attorney-gen...
Let's get rid of the 1st Amendment while we're at it. Since we're going to wipe our ass with the Bill of rights.
another

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

okimar wrote:
<quoted text>
nutjob threatening the president.
Law

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

another wrote:
<quoted text>
example of my stupidity.
That's okay. We already know that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••