Did Republicans deliberately crash th...

Did Republicans deliberately crash the US economy? | Michael Cohen

There are 1991 comments on the The Guardian story from Jun 9, 2012, titled Did Republicans deliberately crash the US economy? | Michael Cohen. In it, The Guardian reports that:

Be it ideology or strategem, the GOP has blocked pro-growth policy and backed job-killing austerity - all while blaming Obama The Republican party congressional leadership : Senate Republican minority leader Mitch McConnell, House majority leader Eric Cantor, and House speaker John Boehner, after the 2010 midterms.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

“Leonardo Di Vinci died here”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#1832 Jul 9, 2012
Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
Why won't Mitt show more than just one year's tax returns? Hmmm..... Curious.....
DNC Chief Urges Romney to Release Tax Returns, but Won't Release Her Own

STUDY: Rich flee Maryland over tax hikes...

LARGE CLINTON SUPPORTER…….turns in her citizenship because of taxes. The wife of Mark Rich a past most wanted criminal and Clinton money bundler gave up her citizenship, do to Obama Tax Policy. Obama slowly killing the golden goose.

Obama campaign threatens donors:'We could lose if this continues'...

Man Who Introduced Obama At Rally Owes $500,000 To Former Employer...stole company secrets. Wow, he could be a Czar.

STALKER-CAM: CREEPY DEMS STALK GOP CANDIDATES AT HOME, SUPERMARKET, and INTERNET………..

Since: Apr 12

Englewood, CO

#1833 Jul 10, 2012
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, moron, for EXACTLY making my point for me, again!
So, explain to us, EXACTLY what will Romney's tax returns tell you liberals? That Romney made money? That he was employed by Bain Capital?
Oh! Oh! Oh! He single-handedly off-shored American jobs! That's it!
Kind of like what GE is doing this VERY MOMENT under Obama?
Your partisan blindness and stupidity make it fun to watch you post!
Don't know what it will show.. Why won't he show them? If he is so above board what is he hiding? His own father gave 12 years of returns and records when he ran..

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#1836 Jul 10, 2012
Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know what it will show.. Why won't he show them? If he is so above board what is he hiding? His own father gave 12 years of returns and records when he ran..
I agree! He should show them!

But then you must agree, that Obama should live up to his transparency LIE, um, promise and open up ALL his records!

I mean, as a liberal, surely you believe "fair is fair", right?

Perpignan

#1837 Jul 10, 2012
Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
When will Obama show his last 12 years, his school, travel and medical records?

Englewood, CO

#1838 Jul 10, 2012
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
But then you must agree, that Obama should live up to his transparency LIE, um, promise and open up ALL his records!
Sure... He has been President for quite some time now so I am not sure what that would prove but ok.. Fair is fair. But then Bush should allow the minutes for Dick Cheney's meeting with the energy kings to become public too.. I mean fair IS fair...

Perpignan

#1839 Jul 10, 2012
Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure... He has been President for quite some time now so I am not sure what that would prove but ok.. Fair is fair. But then Bush should allow the minutes for Dick Cheney's meeting with the energy kings to become public too.. I mean fair IS fair...
Then we should have the language verbatum from the meeting Obama and Bill Ayers, Vallerie Jarrett and Dorhn had together to launch Obama's political career....fair is fair.

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#1840 Jul 10, 2012
Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
So you feel the same way about Eric Holder and the Fast and Furious information he has withheld?

With Obama BREAKING HIS PROMISE of using Executive Privilege to shield him and other DoJ minions?

Can we get back the millions of dollars and the time our Congress has spent over the more-than-a-year back on this investigation?

Or was that '(tax) money well spent' when Holder could have turned the documents over on day one?

Can you envision Obama choking on the word "transparency"?

Englewood, CO

#1841 Jul 10, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Then we should have the language verbatum from the meeting Obama and Bill Ayers, Vallerie Jarrett and Dorhn had together to launch Obama's political career....fair is fair.
Sure why not...
realitycheck

Carmel, IN

#1842 Jul 10, 2012
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't know the liberal elite are above the rest of us, commoners?

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#1843 Jul 11, 2012
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OJgWMI0hch8XX
Now we are getting silent videos from the Rat Wing again proving how they will lie about anything.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#1844 Jul 11, 2012
realitycheck wrote:
<quoted text> You didn't know the liberal elite are above the rest of us, commoners?
It's only because, they have the unique ability to see thru the bullsh*t haze, produced by the Far Right......

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#1845 Jul 11, 2012
http://www.prwatch.org/node/9366

Lost in the 24/7 news cycle has been a July 31, 2010 opinion-editorial by David Stockman, former director of the Office of Management and Budget under President Ronald Reagan. Stockman was closely tied to the development of the Reaganomics ideology, but now he points to massive failures by Republicans, while they were in power, to assure that financial accounts were balanced in government, international trade, on the ledgers of central banks and in the affairs of private businesses and households. Stockman excoriates modern Republicans, and particularly Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, for claiming the party's current economic doctrines are rooted in traditional GOP financial philosophy. He points to a list of misguided Republican actions that have led the country to economic disaster: the runaway growth of public debt resulting "not from big spending by the Democrats, but instead the Republican Party's embrace ... of the insidious doctrine that deficits don't matter if they result from tax cuts," the neocon's sky-high inflation of the military budget, the "warfare state," the removal of traditional restrictions on leverage and speculation by the financial sector which led to a "vast, unproductive expansion of our financial sector," and the steady sending of jobs and production offshore. Stockman charges that Republicans have strayed so far from their ideological roots that they have "made a mockery of party ideals" and led the country into adopting policies that crippled the economy.
interesting stuff huh?

Deltona Fla

#1846 Jul 11, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>What does it mean Swampy? No, its not what they wanted, but with people looking for 'Obama money' or 'Other People's Money', it's what you get? Until people can't get a handout, or it cost them something they possess, their... time, its what you get?'Free' Food Stamps,'Free' Bus passes,'Free' rent? Those 'free' items still cost someone, and the taxpayer is the fall guy? Ain't life grand??
Take a hike Scrooge. You again are making claims that are wildly out of proportion with reality. Public subsidies of all kinds exist because they benefit the public at large. Every international airport in the Country exist because of subsidies. The highways you drive on are also. You don't want busses subsidized because you don't have to ride on one. But the fact is that those subways, busses, and trolleys are what enabled our cities to grow. The problem with the cities right now is there is not enough jobs. The infrastructure of a city is not just it’s transport system. People, the work force, is a city’s most important component the reason it exists. Everything else is to make the workforce more competitive. You want the glitter but you don’t want to pay for the chrome so you sneer at the guy who has to work in that stink ass chrome shop. But since you have never been in a chrome shop you probably have no idea what I am talking about.

Deltona Fla

#1847 Jul 11, 2012
Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, how long can you blame Bush?
Obama had 2 years of full democrat rule to turn things around. He chose to waste it on Obamacare, and bills full if riders and addendums that forced filibusters to save America.
Obama has lied, flip flopped, and bowed to other countries.
And before Ronald Reagan, did you forget Jimmy Carter? Or, were you around then?
How long can you blame Bush? Bush crashed the economy. He is to blame for it. That is forever. It is called historical fact. The only time historical facts seem to change is when the Rat Wing starts writing them. I am trying to figure out how Romney is going to give us the Clinton economy by continuing all the Bush policies with seems to be his latest line of convoluted rhetoric.
realitycheck

Carmel, IN

#1848 Jul 11, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>It's only because, they have the unique ability to see thru the bullsh*t haze, produced by the Far Right......
Oh I see, you think they have special powers, too? Interesting.

Englewood, CO

#1849 Jul 11, 2012
anneutral wrote:
http://www.prwatch.org/node/93 66
Lost in the 24/7 news cycle has been a July 31, 2010 opinion-editorial by David Stockman, former director of the Office of Management and Budget under President Ronald Reagan. Stockman was closely tied to the development of the Reaganomics ideology, but now he points to massive failures by Republicans, while they were in power, to assure that financial accounts were balanced in government, international trade, on the ledgers of central banks and in the affairs of private businesses and households. Stockman excoriates modern Republicans, and particularly Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, for claiming the party's current economic doctrines are rooted in traditional GOP financial philosophy. He points to a list of misguided Republican actions that have led the country to economic disaster: the runaway growth of public debt resulting "not from big spending by the Democrats, but instead the Republican Party's embrace ... of the insidious doctrine that deficits don't matter if they result from tax cuts," the neocon's sky-high inflation of the military budget, the "warfare state," the removal of traditional restrictions on leverage and speculation by the financial sector which led to a "vast, unproductive expansion of our financial sector," and the steady sending of jobs and production offshore. Stockman charges that Republicans have strayed so far from their ideological roots that they have "made a mockery of party ideals" and led the country into adopting policies that crippled the economy.
interesting stuff huh?
Very telling.. Can't wait to hear the Retardican spin on this one.....
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#1850 Jul 11, 2012
realitycheck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I see, you think they have special powers, too? Interesting.
Only thing, they can't alway's overcome, is the Radical Rights need to block every effort, by our President to repair the american economy....that is something, people like you allow to continue.....

Perpignan

#1851 Jul 11, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Now we are getting silent videos from the Rat Wing again proving how they will lie about anything.
Hypocrites R Us.

Pelosi made $1 million to $5 million on Asian investments in 2011...

DNC Chair Invested in Swiss Banks, Foreign Drug Companies, Bank of India...WASSERMAN SCHULTZ DOES WHAT SHE IS CHASTISING ROMNEY FOR…

Senate Dems block Obama's tax-cut bill...

Perpignan

#1852 Jul 11, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>Only thing, they can't alway's overcome, is the Radical Rights need to block every effort, by our President to repair the american economy....that is something, people like you allow to continue.....
Hypocrites R Us.

Pelosi made $1 million to $5 million on Asian investments in 2011...

DNC Chair Invested in Swiss Banks, Foreign Drug Companies, Bank of India...WASSERMAN SCHULTZ DOES WHAT SHE IS CHASTISING ROMNEY FOR…

Senate Dems block Obama's tax-cut bill...
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#1853 Jul 11, 2012
...(crikets).....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,402,692
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Uncle Tab 232,654
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min Coffee Party 219,141
News Obama's 2nd term travails: A lame duck before h... (Jul '14) 50 min Go Blue Forever 112
News Donald Trump 'would love to' talk about birther... 1 hr PurGe_Michigan 207
News Obama wins trade victory in the Senate (May '15) 1 hr swedenforever 13
News Supreme Court hands President Obama a major vic... (Jun '12) 2 hr swedenforever 3,701
More from around the web