Chris Christie: 'Stop Lying, Mr. President' About Romney's Economic Plan

Full story: ABC News

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie accused President Obama of lying this morning after I showed him an advertisement being run by the Obama campaign attacking Mitt Romney's economic plan and accusing the former Massachusetts governor of wanting to cut taxes for the wealthy.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of63
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
what

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

a nut. Ryan/Romney won't tell us their plan, except we know it is based on the same voodoo BS math that created the recession and that the 1% are sacred cows.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

Media figures spent Wednesday morning mocking vice presidential nominee Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI)’s inability to defend his budget plan or provide any specific numbers in what should have been a softball interview with Fox News’s Brit Hume.

Ryan, who is widely lauded as a “budget guru” and a man of ideas within the confines of Fox News, talk radio and the rest of the right wing media world, was forced to admit to Hume that “we haven’t run the numbers yet” on the very budget that he is proposing, a pronouncement that seemed to leave some commentators genuinely flabbergasted.

Hume then asked when Ryan’s plan would balance the budget, which made the congressman even more uncomfortable. After hemming and hawing about bringing the size of the government down to 20 percent of Gross Domestic Product by 2016, and being asked again by Hume when the budget will be balanced, Ryan finally made a genuinely startling revelation. He doesn’t have any idea.

“Well I don’t know exactly when it balances because — I don’t want to get wonky on you, but we haven’t run the numbers on that specific plan,” Ryan said.
gossamer

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

what wrote:
a nut. Ryan/Romney won't tell us their plan, except we know it is based on the same voodoo BS math that created the recession and that the 1% are sacred cows.
I know what their plan is. I listen you don't. All you hear is Obamas campaign going from hope and change to real change.

Reminds me of those tv ads new and improved. What you mean to tell me Tide before it was new and improved wasn't worth a thing?

lol. What a bunch of kool aid drinkers.
Downtowner

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

Obama ...same lies over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....
Really

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what their plan is.
You know what Ryan admitted today that he doesn't know?

The plan is to have more tax cuts for the rich, replace Medicare with coupons, further screw middle class and working class and complete the corporate takeover of the country. Just the details need to be worked out.
Occupy this

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

Obama lies about Libya, about Romney's economic plan...about everything.

The man is beneath contempt. He's not fit to manage a hot-dog stand much less the Presidency. No offense to managers of hot-dog stands of course.
gossamer

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what Ryan admitted today that he doesn't know?
The plan is to have more tax cuts for the rich, replace Medicare with coupons, further screw middle class and working class and complete the corporate takeover of the country. Just the details need to be worked out.
Tax cuts for everybody. Create more jobs so more people are paying taxes. See how that works?

Now what is Obamas plan?
gossamer

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

Occupy this wrote:
Obama lies about Libya, about Romney's economic plan...about everything.
The man is beneath contempt. He's not fit to manage a hot-dog stand much less the Presidency. No offense to managers of hot-dog stands of course.
Everytime I go to Lowes and buy a hotdog I'll think of this.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Tax cuts for everybody. Create more jobs so more people are paying taxes. See how that works?
Now what is Obamas plan?
We did.

It was/is a dismal failure as was the man who originally initiated it.

Everyone in the world knows that now.
gossamer

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
We did.
It was/is a dismal failure as was the man who originally initiated it.
Everyone in the world knows that now.
What is Obamas plan?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan will continue talking about the Romney-Ryan Plan for a Stronger Middle Class, with an emphasis this week on the policies that will help make trade work for America and enable us to be energy independent by 2020.

They will talk about the need to protect U.S. intellectual property rights from cheaters in China, open new markets with trade agreements ignored by the Obama Administration, approve the Keystone pipeline so thousands of Americans can be working on a pipeline instead of standing in an unemployment line, and lifting the moratorium on drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.

In addition to the specifics of the policies, Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan will stress the benefits to Americans: more jobs, higher take-home pay, more affordable energy, increased exports for American goods and services.

These benefits are in sharp contrast to the cost of President Obama’s policies, which have resulted in chronically high unemployment, falling household incomes and gas that costs $2 more per gallon today than when he took office.

This election is a choice. And the simple fact is, we can’t afford four more years of Obama’s failed policies. This is not what a real recovery looks like. A real recovery would result in 12 million new jobs, as the Romney Plan will. A real recovery would unleash more domestic energy, as the Romney Plan will. A real recovery would make it easier for small businesses to open and expand, as the Romney Plan will.

www.mittromney.com/s/mitt-ann-2012 - Cached

What specifics?

Oh' yeah "We've got to champion small businesses".

WTF?

"Champion"?

Where do I donate to his new car elevator?
DOA

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Now what is Obamas plan?
We got tax cuts under GW. Under GW the nation lost jobs. There is no evidence tax cuts create jobs. Your hypothesis has been disproven.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what their plan is. I listen you don't. All you hear is Obamas campaign going from hope and change to real change.
Reminds me of those tv ads new and improved. What you mean to tell me Tide before it was new and improved wasn't worth a thing?
lol. What a bunch of kool aid drinkers.
Since you know what the Romney/Ryan plan is, why not be a good sport and describe it to the rest of us uninformed fools?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Now what is Obamas plan?
How much more evidence do you need to convince you that the trickle-down economics bullshit doesn't work?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
What is Obamas plan?
Obama's plan is to invest in creating jobs to repair our broken bridges and highways, to improve our education system, to promote R&D and training in new techologies to prepare us for the future. This requires investment. A good start would be to get the top one precent to pay as much in taxes as the middle class does.
Congressional Malfeasance

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Since you know what the Romney/Ryan plan is, why not be a good sport and describe it to the rest of us uninformed fools?
The plan is, start with massive Tax cuts for rich people, on top of extending the Bush cuts leading to about 5 trillion in additional debt.

Then, they say they'll close loopholes in the tax code, won't say which and won't say how much it would return.

Result, more debt period.

Then, they'll cut every program they can get their hands on that support the middle class in any way leading to less employment and less growth and less money in peoples pockets and less productivity!!!!

Oh sand spend MORE on the War on Terror, less on Veterans!

it seems it's the bush years on steriods, and oh, if you're a woman, you can forget the privacy of your Vagina!

Sound good to you meathead?
Congressional Malfeasance

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Since you know what the Romney/Ryan plan is, why not be a good sport and describe it to the rest of us uninformed fools?
Pardon, Gossamer is the meathead of course.

And I forgot, cost seniors 6000.00 more each year on Medicare!

It's a great plan!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

Congressional Malfeasance wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon, Gossamer is the meathead of course.
And I forgot, cost seniors 6000.00 more each year on Medicare!
It's a great plan!
Pardon accepted.
DOA

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>How much more evidence do you need to convince you that the trickle-down economics bullshit doesn't work?
Trickle down worked just fine for those at the top. For the rest of us, what trickled down was a big bill from Wall Street. They got bonuses, and we got the bill. See how trickle down worked?
gossamer

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

DOA wrote:
<quoted text>We got tax cuts under GW. Under GW the nation lost jobs. There is no evidence tax cuts create jobs. Your hypothesis has been disproven.
What was the unemployment rate when Bush left office?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of63
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the 2012 Presidential Election Forum right now

Search the 2012 Presidential Election Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min republiCONS 138,442
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min shinningelectr0n 1,033,611
Sen. Mary Landrieu's New Ad Says Obama Policies... 26 min Truth Facts 23
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min Learn to Read 167,393
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 39 min Ralph 29,854
Bringing Ukraine into the European Club (Apr '09) 1 hr Hawk 55
Michele Bachmann: Obama Won Because He's Black ... 1 hr SunnieCalie 27
•••
•••
•••
•••