Should you give money to beggars?

Should you give money to beggars?

There are 4 comments on the The Ashland Daily Tidings story from Nov 20, 2006, titled Should you give money to beggars?. In it, The Ashland Daily Tidings reports that:

Down a dusty street from our house in Niamey is a bakery called "Les Delices" where you can buy a baguettes for thirty cents, a croissant for fifty cents, and a small assortment of pastries.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Ashland Daily Tidings.

ashley

Magna, UT

#1 Jan 23, 2007
i think you should if there that desperate of course i mean what if you were a starving hobo come one now im 14 i got to eisenhower jr.high and i think that you should give money to them if they are begging its sad to watch people like that if these people on here are the people i thought they were they wouldnt laugh at this they would think for a minute about this commment

love ashley torres

“The Kel Ataram Chief”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#3 May 1, 2009
Why not? you can only recieve if you gives back to thsoe who need something
gabonn

Burbank, CA

#4 May 5, 2009
But what if in one street it's almost 5 beggars? then the money will get finised before you reach ur destination
Pendo

France

#5 Jul 1, 2009
I also live in Niamey. Many times if I have some cookies or crackers (I buy the small packages that can be purchased for about 10 cents)I will give those instead - or some fruit. That way I can make sure that they get a little something to eat, even if it isn't much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Niamey, Niger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Niger detains scores of migrants (Feb '14) Feb '14 sad 1
News Child Soldiers Used in Mali Conflict (May '12) May '12 Daniel R seun 1
News Niger won't extradite Gaddafi son (Feb '12) Feb '12 Command and Control 6
News Too much hatred and disrespect for lives (Aug '06) Dec '11 Me too 2
News Qaddafi surrounded, Libya fighters say (Sep '11) Sep '11 Donna 2
News Libya convoys spark Gadhafi rumors (Sep '11) Sep '11 DENG 8
News Niger junta names prime minister (Feb '10) Feb '10 Robert 2
More from around the web