Hokies' dirty dozen: Games that hurt ...

Hokies' dirty dozen: Games that hurt Virginia Tech's tournament...

There are 5 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Mar 15, 2009, titled Hokies' dirty dozen: Games that hurt Virginia Tech's tournament.... In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Virginia Tech 's Dirty Dozen Here's a look at 12 games that hurt the Hokies' chances of making the NCAA tournament: Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

James

Newport News, VA

#1 Mar 16, 2009
For a second straight year, JT Thompson had a hand in the Hokies losing against UNC in the ACC Tourney. Greenberg sure was a genius for giving this kid a scholarship over Stephen Curry . . . Guess all those Tar Heel fans can shut-up about the officiating in the VT-UNC football game b/c the bball Refs more than made up for it Friday's contest. I wish Seth would've gone a little Bobby Knight and chucked a chair onto the court. Note to the Tar Heel's NCAA tourney opponents - Don't even breathe on Tyler b/c its a foul.
Downtown Hpt

Atlanta, GA

#2 Mar 16, 2009
Star players always get the calls. It's inherent in the game. Having said that, losing Vasello will hurt a lot. Personally, on a given night, VT can play with anyone and should have a shot at the NCAA but when you're only 4 games over 500, its tough, no matter how you play.
James

Newport News, VA

#3 Mar 16, 2009
Downtown Hpt wrote:
Star players always get the calls. It's inherent in the game. Having said that, losing Vasello will hurt a lot. Personally, on a given night, VT can play with anyone and should have a shot at the NCAA but when you're only 4 games over 500, its tough, no matter how you play.
Yeah, losing Vassallo will be a huge problem heading into the 2009-2010 season. I sure am glad Greenberg managed to recruit and sign both of Dell Curry's sons to full ride scholarships ... oh wait ... If he isn't going to land double sports legacy players (both Mr. & Mrs. Curry starred in VT athletics), at least he could start recruiting some height. When was the last time VT had more than one player over 6'9"?
Willy the K

Richmond, VA

#4 Mar 18, 2009
I agree with everything in your article except your Tyler Hansborough "huge defensive play"
statement, re. the Tech loss to UNC in the ACC tourney.
A huge defensive play is a clear cut block, or taking a charge, or a steal, etc. that garbage from TH at the end of the game was NOT a huge defensive play. That was a horrible call by a horrible set of officials.

We all saw what happened to Carolina the next night with a crew not afraid to call fouls on BOTH teams.
George W

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#5 Mar 21, 2009
Hokies suck. Bunch o' hoodlums...except for the stuck up rich kids from Northern Virginia. They just like to pick on asians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xavier Musketeers NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The NC-Double-Eh Schedule - Dec. 31 (Dec '11) Dec '11 Ol Spark 1
News No. 8 Xavier tops Cincinnati 76-53 after brawl (Dec '11) Dec '11 jerseys 3
News Poor-shooting Georgia falls to No. 12 Xavier 70-56 (Nov '11) Nov '11 Beautiful Black M... 3
News XU's Frease in best shape ever (Aug '11) Aug '11 Yofada 1
News East Catholic Riding Success Of Freshman (Jan '08) Jun '11 John Jenkins 15
News Preseason All-High-Mid-Major Team (May '11) May '11 johnny d 1
News Marquette makes it a one-and-done tournament fo... (Mar '11) Mar '11 apalah 2
More from around the web