Men's basketball: Ohio State loses 71-67 at Wisconsin | BuckeyeXtra

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Jordan Taylor scored 21 of his 27 points after halftime, and Wisconsin erased a 15-point deficit in the second half to stun No.1-ranked Ohio State 71-67 today in the Kohl Center and end the Buckeyes' undefeated season.

Comments (Page 9)

Showing posts 161 - 175 of175
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ron

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2011

Judged:

Tom wrote:
All of the emphasis, by Wisconsin fans, upon Wisconsin beating Ohio State when OSU was ranked #1 strikes me as a bit pathethic. That is, Wisconsin seems to be deriving its glory from glory that Ohio State earned. Wisconsin should go out and get its own #1 ranking. Then it will have something it can truly be proud of. Enough already of the big fuss over beating No. 1.
This loss will be useful to the Bucks as they prepare for a home stretch run. Surely they will play more fearlessly -- all to the good.
Exactly! The difference in the quality of the programs is well illustrated in your comment. UW makes a flash in the pan win over a highly rated OSU team or two, which makes their season. OSU, by contrast, loses a game and is later right back in contention for a number 1 position--or at least far higher rewards at season's end. I'm not sure why everybody jumped on Sherry, btw. Her point seemed valid to me: after the loss in Madison, it was Ohio State that ended the season ranked more highly and looking better. Not the NC, obviously, but her point still stands: with all the gloating and glee in Madtown, it's Columbus that usually ends up having the last, and finest word. If their crowning achievement is an occasional win over OSU in Madison, let them get wild and enjoy it. Beating Wisconsin is never OSU's crowning glory. National Championship contention is, and if not that, then the Big 10 championship. Care to compare records that way in football and basketball? A cheese ball sized bump in the road is barely noticed by us, but is their main seasonal goal from the sound of things. Over the long haul, Buckeyes trump cheese hands down.
Clam Sniffer

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2011

Judged:

Take away half the lucky ass 3 pointers Wisconsin threw up and went in The Badgers would've got blown out!!1Just Think about it !!Makes a Buckeye fan Sick!!!!!!
Clam Sniffer

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2011

Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Wisconsin teams don't generally begin or end seasons in Madison as a #1 team. OSU does.
What??????????Who Do you root for jerky?????
Clam Sniffer

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2011

lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome post!
Reminds me of one of Tino Barkos clan members!!!"A Mobster"
CYNIC

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2011

How far will Ohio State drop in the polls?
MLK

Panama City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2011

Judged:

CYNIC wrote:
Who cares. They will be in the Final Four. Good enough for me. Celebrate Black History month, where would college basketball be without them.
Buckeye Dave in NC

Kernersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2011

CYNIC wrote:
Reslistically they should only drop to fourth behind Kansas, Texas, and Pitt but would not be surprised to see them go as far as sixth. Saw one of the RPI calcs after the loss last night and they only dropped from third to fourth in that website's calc.

Regardless, Texas and Kansas still have to face each other at least once and Texas struggled against Baylor last night at home, Pitt is going to absorb a couple of more losses in the Big East, if Duke slides ahead of them (really should not, they have beaten no one and their losses were to unranked teams) I think Duke takes it on the chin at Chapel Hill and at least one more ACC game.

Bucks just need to take care of business going forward. Learn from this game and move on. Even if the Bucks defense was lax against the three no team is going to shoot 50% every game and certainly not on the road. Same game in Columbus with Wisky shooting their normal percentage and it is a 10 point Buckeye win. Home court is so much bigger in basketball.
kenmore

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2011

A lot of venom over a conference game. As a buckeye fan I kinda hoped we would lose at least one before the Big Ten tourny, that goose egg brings a lot of pressure with it. Wisky is a good and at times very good team. Buckeye Nation did you really think you were going to win them all?
watcher

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2011

Great game! If it had to happen this was the time. Now we can get on with the business of winning with a well grounded team. I like this and feel we can now do the job that needs to be done. Lots of good can come from a loss. Lookout Michigan cause you gonna feel the rath on Tuesday.
Pure Genius

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2011

Brutus wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Auburn would have jumped us since we did not play in a conference championship game.
#1 plays against #2
Pure Genius

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2011

Judged:

Days since Ohio St. won AT Wisconsin in basketball:
Former SWCS Resident

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2011

Maybe OSU needs to focus on that "school way up north, west of Lake Michigan" rather than that "school up north."

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2011

Well, this was the game that was circled as a possible loss. Almost nobody wins at UW. It doesn't frustrate me that they lost, it's frustrating that they blew a 15 point lead to lose. Although when Wisconsin throws every shot up from anywhere on the court and makes it it's tough to win. But hopefully this is a learning experience for the Bucks, and they come back to beat MSU!

Since: May 10

Delaware, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2011

We're still No.2 in the AP polls....No.3 in the coaches poll....go Bucks
Pissky on Wiscy

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2011

Fans in the Kock-n-Kohl Center spitting on our players??? who's in charge of crowd control at that dump up there in the land of alcoholics and liberals???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 175 of175
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wisconsin Badgers NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the Wisconsin Badgers NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Poor shooting costs Badgers against Spartans (Jan '13) Jan '13 Bernie 1
NCAA roundup: Duke dethroned; Jimmer falls; Kem... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Jayhawk 1
Review: Remarkable actress is the brightness in... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Yessir 3
Wisconsin Badgers 2011 Basketball Championship (Mar '11) Mar '11 MumRa 4
Men's basketball: Matta on offensive about OSU'... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Johnny Hammersticks 21
Men's basketball: Points scarce as Penn State t... (Mar '11) Mar '11 FLABUCK 6
Penn State 36, Wisconsin 33 (Mar '11) Mar '11 PeteP 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••