Men's basketball: Ohio State loses 71-67 at Wisconsin | BuckeyeXtra

There are 20 comments on the Feb 12, 2011, Columbus Dispatch story titled Men's basketball: Ohio State loses 71-67 at Wisconsin | BuckeyeXtra. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Jordan Taylor scored 21 of his 27 points after halftime, and Wisconsin erased a 15-point deficit in the second half to stun No.1-ranked Ohio State 71-67 today in the Kohl Center and end the Buckeyes' undefeated season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
CincyBuckeye

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Feb 12, 2011
On Wisconsin's best days, they beat us. On our best days, we win championships!
Clint

Fairfield, OH

#2 Feb 12, 2011
The Wisconsin Badgers were on fire ....12 of 23 from 3 pt land and go 150 - 11 inside the Kohl Center over the last 10 seasons .. a very tough place to play . The Buckeyes are still 24 - 1 and lead the Big Ten Conference .... Go Bucks and Coach Matta !

Since: May 10

Columbus, OH

#3 Feb 12, 2011
Good Game Buckeyes!!

Now lets move on to MSU.
Go Bucks

Dublin, OH

#4 Feb 12, 2011
I love the Buckeyes as much as anybody, but I am glad they lost today. Now they have that off their chest and have a loss heading into March madness. They can beat any team in the nation and now know they can be beat. They have a stronger chance at the National title now. Go bucks!
Sherry

Baltimore, MD

#5 Feb 12, 2011
As Lee Corso (College FB Gameday) would say to Badger fans "Not so fast my friend hahahaha!" Now as I watched ESPN mentioned A MILLION times how the FB team also beat the #1 Osu I kinda remember something different. I remember Badger FB fans wishing they hadn't celebrated beating Osu so hard because The Little Sisters of the Poor had them CRYING on B10 at a RB press conf..ummmm now if Osu BB team goes on to win the NCAA title I see the Badgers CRYIN AGAIN thinkin "Maybe we should have played our SEASON like we played Osu" hahahahahahahaha

Stay tuned.....

Buckeye Mom in B more!!!! I miss the College Gameday crew..yeah Herbie to hahahaha
Ticked off

Huntsville, AL

#6 Feb 12, 2011
How do you get beat by one guy? They only had 1 player and that was their point guard. I think the coaches really could have planned a better defense and helped shut this guy down. He should have been pressured and the badger offense pressed the entire game, rotating defenders on taylor. Who could handle the ball besides taylor? Hopefully this loss will help them come tournament time.
Sherry

Baltimore, MD

#7 Feb 12, 2011
Oh I meant to ask the Badgers fans "How did Osu's FB season end after loss to them... hahahahaha?"
Brutus

Toledo, OH

#8 Feb 12, 2011
24-1 and a two game lead in the Big Ten. We are still in control of winning another Big Ten title. Wisc has to come to Columbus on senior day next month and I hope our fans show up.
Robin

Abingdon, MD

#9 Feb 12, 2011
We were going to lose eventually and still think Ohio State is a final four team but thought Thad Matta needed to take Craft off of Taylor after the first couple shots started to fall. I know you don't want Lighty to pick up fouls but trust your senior.
Andrew

United States

#10 Feb 12, 2011
Sherry- Grow up...
John

La Crosse, WI

#11 Feb 12, 2011
Bottom line...it is one conference game. Both teams will be in the NCAA tourney.

As a huge Badger fan, I still think that OSU should be ranked #1 this week. Couldn't stand Oden, but just love Sullinger. Wish OSU the best for most of the rest of the year...not on 3/6 or if they play UW in the Big Ten or NCAA tournies.

However, I have to say this (sorry!)....Madison, where #1 ranked OSU teams go to die.....
John

La Crosse, WI

#12 Feb 12, 2011
Sherry (I think Sherry is Latin for "sore loser")...in football, if you dont win the NCAA title, does it really matter, especially for OSU? Winning the Sugar Bowl is nice, but a win in Madison would have gotten you a national title.
Nick

Columbus, OH

#13 Feb 12, 2011
Kohl Center is what the Schottenstein Center wishes it was -
great fans and great environment-with appreciative folks filling every seat for every game.
Our guys deserve that - but sadly only see it on the road.

Go Bucks! Great season -now let's beat the Spartans.
Andrew from Madison

United States

#14 Feb 12, 2011
Big win for Wisconsin. Ohio State is still a top 5 team, They will be fine.
Brutus

Toledo, OH

#15 Feb 12, 2011
Andrew wrote:
Sherry- Grow up...
Good win for you guys. See ya in Columbus next month.
Curls

Columbus, OH

#16 Feb 12, 2011
I still love our team. They got very hot and our shot selection was good -- baskets close -- but not quite. Only suggestion -- must play better defense the last 15 minutes -- cannot stop playing good defense.
Fredo

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Feb 12, 2011
Darn, I was hoping the Bucknuts could run the table, then lose in second round to some #8 seed. Way to go Thaddeous "The Liar" Matta. Now you ruined it for me.

Go Bearcats ....
Stymie

Lewis Center, OH

#18 Feb 12, 2011
It's easy to hit 3's when no one's guarding you. Poor 2nd half defense once they got the 15-point lead led to this loss.
atl

Buford, GA

#19 Feb 12, 2011
Mixed feelings on the loss- While I am glad the undefeated # 1 bullseye is off the Bucks back. I just hate that they lost to Wisconsin, who most perceive as a average program. Wisconsin will do nothing in either, the Big Ten or, NCAA tournament. If the Bucks were going to lose, why not go down to a respectable Big Ten team, ie Purdue? Wisconsin is such an embarrassment on the national stage. Gosh, their football team made the Big Ten look pathetic in the Rose Bowl.While,the bball team will probably lose in the first round of the NCAA to some no name school. I can't wait until March 6th .... payback is coming in the form of a double digit whuppin !! GO BUCKS !!!!
Fredo

Cincinnati, OH

#20 Feb 12, 2011
Why did they change the name of "Value City Arena" to Schotstine Center ? Did Value City seem cheap ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wisconsin Badgers NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wisconsin stuns No. 1 Kentucky Apr 5 tom wingo 2
News Frank Kaminsky ready for Kentucky Wildcats Apr 5 tom wingo 4
News Set in Stone? Five-star center closing in on de... Nov '14 csmosher 1
News Poor shooting costs Badgers against Spartans (Jan '13) Jan '13 Bernie 1
News NCAA roundup: Duke dethroned; Jimmer falls; Kem... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Jayhawk 1
News Review: Remarkable actress is the brightness in... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Yessir 3
Wisconsin Badgers 2011 Basketball Championship (Mar '11) Mar '11 MumRa 4
More from around the web