UW Men's Basketball

There are 4 comments on the The Capital Times story from Nov 27, 2007, titled UW Men's Basketball. In it, The Capital Times reports that:

UW men's basketball: Cameron Crazies eyeball the Badgers rschultz - The students poured into Cameron about an hour ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Capital Times.

mike

Leawood, KS

#1 Nov 27, 2007
These Duke kids would not survive at Wisconsin, who needs a cheer sheet? all you need is F You and Eat S___ along with Bullcheat or something along those verbal taunts. Much more creative in Madison. Shows your SAT or ACT verbal score each time we cheer.

When will they build a monument to Mike Leckrone? If he isn't the leader of the student cheers I don't know who is.
One Dude

Herndon, VA

#2 Nov 28, 2007
So funny I forgot to laugh.

Duke has now superglued itself forever in second place behind Michigan State as my most hated team and fans.

I agree Mike, who the heck needs a cheer sheet? So Lame.
Muddy

Hollow Rock, TN

#3 Nov 28, 2007
Kids will be kids. It doesn't last long, so why not let them have some sophomoric fun? Isn't that what college sports are supposed to be about, the students, the clash of school spirits and amateur competition?

You must admire the Duke program for putting students in all of those premium seats near court side. Do you think Wisconsin would ever consider putting their student in seats like the ones at Duke? Heck no, at the UW Athletic Dept it's all about the money.

I've sat near court side several times at the Kohl Center and frankly, the fans are stuffy and unappreciative of the true nature of amateur competition. For example, on one occasion, I brought a couple of students to that hallowed court side. Devon Harris dove head first over the scorers table trying to save the ball from going out of bounds. He landed face first behind the table. The kids and I were on our feet, screaming in appreciation of Harris' effort, while the court side regulars just sat there, looking at us like we were "crazies". You see, Harris didn't save the ball and that doesn't jive with The Kohl Center's bottom line philosophy.

Getting on the ref's doesn't make you a true fan.
So start blasting the hate at me, you stuffy old season ticket holders. I'll be at a high school game, enjoying true amateur competition.
Ward

La Crosse, WI

#4 Nov 28, 2007
Muddy you forgot to add how all the court side people sit with their arms crossed on top of their big bellies during the games. Just watch a game sometime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wisconsin Badgers NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wisconsin stuns No. 1 Kentucky (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 2
News Frank Kaminsky ready for Kentucky Wildcats (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 4
News Set in Stone? Five-star center closing in on de... (Nov '14) Nov '14 csmosher 1
News Poor shooting costs Badgers against Spartans (Jan '13) Jan '13 Bernie 1
News NCAA roundup: Duke dethroned; Jimmer falls; Kem... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Jayhawk 1
News Review: Remarkable actress is the brightness in... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Yessir 3
Wisconsin Badgers 2011 Basketball Championship (Mar '11) Mar '11 MumRa 4
More from around the web