49ers' rally falls short

49ers' rally falls short

There are 4 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Nov 16, 2008, titled 49ers' rally falls short. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Marcus Landry is being asked to do a lot for the Wisconsin men's basketball team this season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Smooth Thug

Fullerton, CA

#1 Nov 17, 2008
After last year's disappointing season, I followed Monson's recruiting during the off season. When recruiting was finished, I could see that Monson had brought in some of the best players in the southland; I could see that if we couldn't beat some of the teams we had scheduled, we were sure going to make them very uncomfortable. Unfortunately, we didn't beat BYU and Wisconsin. But this teams sounds like they have some fight in them. I'm very happy with the direction that Monson is taking Long Beach State basketball. GO BEACH!

United States

#2 Nov 17, 2008
I saw the game on tv, replayed it today and Long Beach State was (in my opinion)= to the Badgers and I am a Wisconsin fan.
To play at Provo Friday and Madison on Sunday is not easy, yet Monson had em ready. The Wisconsin coach mentioned that Morris was better than anyone on the Wisconsin team and
although he may have stretched it a little considering Landrys talent, you could tell Morris is a very, very good one.
From Arizona
Dancing Barry

San Diego, CA

#3 Nov 17, 2008
The great thing is that Monson was pleased with his team and the effort, but not satisfied - he wants to win. To go from 6 wins last year, this is tremendous progress. Go Beach!

Silverado, CA

#4 Nov 17, 2008
Good Job LBSU!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wisconsin Badgers NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wisconsin stuns No. 1 Kentucky (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 2
News Frank Kaminsky ready for Kentucky Wildcats (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 4
News Set in Stone? Five-star center closing in on de... (Nov '14) Nov '14 csmosher 1
News Poor shooting costs Badgers against Spartans (Jan '13) Jan '13 Bernie 1
News NCAA roundup: Duke dethroned; Jimmer falls; Kem... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Jayhawk 1
News Review: Remarkable actress is the brightness in... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Yessir 3
Wisconsin Badgers 2011 Basketball Championship (Mar '11) Mar '11 MumRa 4
More from around the web