WVU's loss is 'Michigains'

There are 2 comments on the Register-herald.com story from Apr 6, 2007, titled WVU's loss is 'Michigains'. In it, Register-herald.com reports that:

The mystery has been solved. We now know what happened to the missing "i" in Virginia on the now-infamous NIT championship T-shirts West Virginia received after winning said title. via Register-herald.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Register-herald.com.

John

Conroe, TX

#1 Apr 7, 2007
I'm sorry... I just don't think Michigan is going to gain anything out of this. Almost all the better Big East and nonconference teams were figuring his coaching schemes out. It's just a matter of time before they do in the big 10. And Michigan is going to face a very strong schedule. As good as he did in West Virginia...We thank him, but it was all in good timing and very well planned out by the new Michigan coach. He knew what he was doing to BOOST his salary!!! Let's just see how long it takes for Michigan to put up with his losing seasons! Because all the Big 10 schools will be watching a lot game films.....I guarantee it won't take them long to figure out his game plans,and once they do GOODBYE and hello to the unemplyment line for whats his name.
Zac

Green Bay, WI

#2 Apr 7, 2007
John: Talk about sour grapes, my friend. What John Beilein did, all too often, that's the life a coach leads. Coaches move around all the time. In some cases, they get sent packing; in others they move on to something better. In fact, were it not for the buy-out clause, he'd have gone to NC St after last season. The man has coached at many levels; he's been successful at all of them. Trust me; he will be successful at MI. Sure, we didn't like his moving on, but that's life.

Now for the good news: No doubt you've heard, a WV boy has come home to take his place. Bobby Huggins now holds the reigns for our Mountaineers, all because Beilein left. It doesn't get any better than that. Sadly, just as our loss was MI's gain, our gain was KS St's loss. They really liked Huggins there, treated him well, and hoped he'd stay. Bob Huggins himself said the people in Manhattan were as close to being like West Virginians as any he'd met anywhere. It was a difficult choice to make, but home called to him, and now he's back in Morgantown. John Beilein wasn't happy there; he left for MI & for a while, we were in shock. Enter Bob Huggins to save the day. Now, KS St is in shock. Somebody decent will eventually fill that void, leaving a void elsewhere. But, as I've already said, all too often, that's the life of a head coach.

John Beilein, to you and your family, thanks for the good times and memories. All the best in MI, or where ever you eventually call home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Virginia Mountaineers Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whats everybody idea for upcoming Football season? (Mar '14) Mar '14 BigIrish 1
News Texas Outlasts Virginia In Overtime (Nov '13) Nov '13 Nikki 1
News Mountaineers Fans Petitions for Schwartzwalder ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Chris P Bacon 1
News Live Stream Tonight's West Virginia-Gonzaga NCA... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Beans 1
playing time (Feb '09) Feb '09 slh 1
News Montgomery Scores 28 To Lead UConn By WVU (Jan '09) Jan '09 FREDDYKOOL 3
News Mountaineers' Climb Halted (Mar '08) Mar '08 twomiler 11
More from around the web