Miami Dolphins pass on big names, pick unknown J.D. Folsom

There are 7 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 26, 2009, titled Miami Dolphins pass on big names, pick unknown J.D. Folsom. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Several mock drafts had the Dolphins picking one of the highly touted linebackers this weekend, but none predicted they would wait until their last pick in the seventh round to lasso national calf-roping standout J.D. Folsom.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Rob

Tallahassee, FL

#1 Apr 26, 2009
Harvey, this is the 2nd time I've had to tell you how to spell this guy's name. You are supposedly a professional journalist, so I would think spelling a person's name right should be relatively routine. Clint S-I-N-T-I-M. It's a pretty short last name, and it's not phonetically deceiving either. I'm calling the Sentinel later and directly asking for your job. You are easily the worst sports writer in all of south Florida, possibly the entire country.
John

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#2 Apr 26, 2009
Th FO dropped the ball on this pick. The guy was guaranteed to be a free agent because nobody else was going to pick him.

They could have used the pick on somebody with more upside who would not be available after the draft (WR Marko Mitchell or DT Jean Francouise) and then signed this guy as a FA.

Blown call if you ask me.
Jeff

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Apr 26, 2009
The Fins are too cheap to sign top players. Its no wonder the stands are always empty.
real deal

Phoenix, AZ

#4 Apr 26, 2009
Jeff wrote:
The Fins are too cheap to sign top players. Its no wonder the stands are always empty.
Jeff,
go hang yourself
Rod

Laurel, MD

#5 Apr 27, 2009
John wrote:
Th FO dropped the ball on this pick. The guy was guaranteed to be a free agent because nobody else was going to pick him.
They could have used the pick on somebody with more upside who would not be available after the draft (WR Marko Mitchell or DT Jean Francouise) and then signed this guy as a FA.
Blown call if you ask me.
exactly
DON

Miami, FL

#6 Apr 27, 2009
Jeff wrote:
U R AN A H O L E
Jeff

United States

#7 Apr 27, 2009
I've followed this kid all throughout his college career and he makes plays happen. Just because he's not a big name from a big school doesn't mean a thing. The Dolphins are dang lucky to have him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weber State University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wildcats get first win with 7-0 shutout of Trojans (Sep '10) Sep '10 California Native 2
News Mutcher embarks on NFL career - The Park Record (May '10) May '10 Bullfarts 6
News Lions' last pick Toone just might be relevant (Apr '10) May '10 Bullfarts 6
News MSU's Fletcher finalist for Buchanan Award (Dec '09) Dec '09 Big AL 1
News Reynolds, Montana Trounce Weber State 31-10 (Nov '09) Nov '09 purple cat 1
News Wyoming will lean on defense (Sep '09) Sep '09 Josh Biezuns 1
News Ticats take OL in supplemental draft (May '09) May '09 morde manubrium meum 1
More from around the web