Minnesota Vikings' dream sequence sta...

Minnesota Vikings' dream sequence starts with trading No. 12 draft pick

There are 50 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 27, 2011, titled Minnesota Vikings' dream sequence starts with trading No. 12 draft pick. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

SEPTEMBER 18: Quarterback Jake Locker #10 of the Washington Huskies passes against the Nebraska Cornhuskers on September 18, 2010 at Husky Stadium in Seattle, Washington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
TheMaster

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Apr 27, 2011
huh
Mr nightmare

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Apr 27, 2011
Dreams of a superbowl, dreams of a stadium, dreams dreams dreams of a team that lacks any chance of winning.
TheMaster

Chicago, IL

#3 Apr 27, 2011
Never mind, it means the Vikings draft like tards again. Make sense now.
Zeke

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Apr 27, 2011
Who gives a rats arse...they'll be moving to LA in 20121
Zeke

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Apr 27, 2011
.....2012
space ace

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Apr 27, 2011
I've had dreams about the vikings. But none of them have ever come true.
Saint Paul

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Apr 27, 2011
This is the year. Go Vikes. I like Locker. He will be there 2nd round.
Christian

United States

#8 Apr 27, 2011
It sounds like Speilman just wants to trade down just for the sake of the third round; nothing about helping the team. The third round picks that have gone to the Vikings before are incredibly mediocre, Speilman CANNOT draft for depth if his life depended on it. I can make one thing clear; If they do not draft a QB in the first two rounds, then it's clear they have no intention of winning.

I've also heard a story of the Vikings trading number 12 overall to the Browns for their second round pick this year AND their first round pick next year. That's insanely idiotic.

Speilman is destroying this team, just like he did with the Dolphins. He needs to be relieved of his duties immediately because of reasons stated above. He mainly gets lucky with all of these players he picks up. In no way, shape, or form is he the brains behind this. It's all luck.
Phil

Hopkins, MN

#9 Apr 27, 2011
Christian wrote:
It sounds like Speilman just wants to trade down just for the sake of the third round; nothing about helping the team. The third round picks that have gone to the Vikings before are incredibly mediocre, Speilman CANNOT draft for depth if his life depended on it. I can make one thing clear; If they do not draft a QB in the first two rounds, then it's clear they have no intention of winning.
I've also heard a story of the Vikings trading number 12 overall to the Browns for their second round pick this year AND their first round pick next year. That's insanely idiotic.
Speilman is destroying this team, just like he did with the Dolphins. He needs to be relieved of his duties immediately because of reasons stated above. He mainly gets lucky with all of these players he picks up. In no way, shape, or form is he the brains behind this. It's all luck.
I think that he knows a bit more about football than you apparently do; first you pan the guy over a story that you "heard" about but has no substance or evidence behind it, and then you claim luck for any past success with draft picks; well Bill Belichick was lucky that Tom Brady worked out as well as he did and nobody calls out the Patriots, in spite of all of their other players picked in that particular draft not working out. Nobody hits a home-run with every pick dude, get real. Hindsight is pretty easy though isn't it.

Oh, and you are dead wrong about having to draft a QB this year as well; perhaps you do not realize it,(Obviously you don't realize it) but this is a weak group of QB's and is overvalued because of team needs and high value of the position. Next year has a much more promising draft class at QB and the Vikings would be wise to consider taking a FA like Bulger or Hasselbeck until they can spend a high pick on a better prospect than what is available this year. In the unlikely scenario if Newton or Gabbert were to fall to them at 12, the Vikings should pass on both of them for better overall players at other positions, or trading down. Only picking Locker somewhere in the 20's would constitute a smart decision.

To correct the writer, if the Vikes did trade down into the twenties, they would most likely net a second and third for swapping, not just a third.
VikingGolfer

Korea

#10 Apr 28, 2011
Trade with the Pats for their 28 n 33rd pick. That be a steal..
GO VIKES!!!
Purple Nation

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Apr 28, 2011
Christian wrote:
It sounds like Speilman just wants to trade down just for the sake of the third round; nothing about helping the team. The third round picks that have gone to the Vikings before are incredibly mediocre, Speilman CANNOT draft for depth if his life depended on it. I can make one thing clear; If they do not draft a QB in the first two rounds, then it's clear they have no intention of winning.
I've also heard a story of the Vikings trading number 12 overall to the Browns for their second round pick this year AND their first round pick next year. That's insanely idiotic.
Speilman is destroying this team, just like he did with the Dolphins. He needs to be relieved of his duties immediately because of reasons stated above. He mainly gets lucky with all of these players he picks up. In no way, shape, or form is he the brains behind this. It's all luck.
Shows how much you know about football and it even makes me sleep better at night knowing you're not the one calling the shots for the Vikings! Do you even watch the game of "American Football" and I'm not talking about the backyard stuff I mean "REAL AMERICAN FOOTBALL" on the pro or college level you dumb piece of S*** thats why you don't even know how that trade for the cleveland browns first rounder next year will help so I'll tell you, it'll give us more ammo to trade up for the first overall draft pick spot in next years draft to win the Andrew Luck sweepstakes as any of the quarterbacks coming out this year aren't even good enough to hold Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley's jock strap! NUFF SAID!
Nostradumass

Webster, NY

#12 Apr 28, 2011
I hate to be like this, But I have a feeling the Vikings will find a way to #$%& this up.
gas

Canandaigua, NY

#13 Apr 28, 2011
Boy wonder what Mike Lombardi will do when the vikings start the season without McNabb, because I know for a fact and guartentee that McNabb will never be a Viking.
Purple Haze

Center City, MN

#14 Apr 28, 2011
I have been consumed with ESPN's QB coverage over the past week with the Year of the QB, and Gruden's QB show, one intriguing guy that seems to be a sleeper is Tyrod Taylor from Va Tech. He looks like a good talent with strong numbers that rival most of the other QB's in the draft. Might be worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick. As far as the 12 pick goes, I really like the BC lineman and if one of the top two corners slips to the Vikes, most likely Prince, then that would be good too. I keep hearing that the draft is loaded with D line talent through the first 3 rounds so the Vikes could address that position in Round two or three. If I were the Vikes I would trade Peterson for a bunch of young talent and draft picks and go super young this year. I can stomach another horrible season with a top five pick next year they may be able to snag a Franchise QB. Plus with the infusion of talent and youth they could build a positive and sustainable future. Yes I know this would not help in the Stadium push, but lets be honest that's not looking to promising anyways, and if the team sells it's future to try and win now, what kind of product would be on the field to open the new stadium??
Mike

Garden City, MI

#15 Apr 28, 2011
Trade the pats for their 28th and 33rd? The pats almost never trade up, they like havin extra picks.....i say trade down, pick a qb in the 20'S and pick dt help in the 2nd. the vikings have had bad luck picking d ends in the 1st and I have a bad deelin bout n e one who is available at 12
sisties fan

Jacksonville, NC

#16 Apr 28, 2011
I hope we can stockpile picks this year and take Hasselbeck for QB this year and trade down with those picks for Luck next year. He's the only FRANCHISE QB available for the foreseeable future
davy

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Apr 28, 2011
quote: "Take a chance on Florida's Ahmad Black in the fifth round. He makes up for lack of speed with football instincts and consistent tackling ability." /quote

I'm sorry but I do not want another Husain Abdullah on the team
sisties fan

Jacksonville, NC

#18 Apr 28, 2011
davy wrote:
quote: "Take a chance on Florida's Ahmad Black in the fifth round. He makes up for lack of speed with football instincts and consistent tackling ability." /quote
I'm sorry but I do not want another Husain Abdullah on the team
Doesn't matter how good at tackling you are if you can't catch the ball carrier running down the field.

Since: May 10

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Apr 28, 2011
Purple Haze wrote:
I have been consumed with ESPN's QB coverage over the past week with the Year of the QB, and Gruden's QB show, one intriguing guy that seems to be a sleeper is Tyrod Taylor from Va Tech. He looks like a good talent with strong numbers that rival most of the other QB's in the draft. Might be worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick. As far as the 12 pick goes, I really like the BC lineman and if one of the top two corners slips to the Vikes, most likely Prince, then that would be good too. I keep hearing that the draft is loaded with D line talent through the first 3 rounds so the Vikes could address that position in Round two or three. If I were the Vikes I would trade Peterson for a bunch of young talent and draft picks and go super young this year. I can stomach another horrible season with a top five pick next year they may be able to snag a Franchise QB. Plus with the infusion of talent and youth they could build a positive and sustainable future. Yes I know this would not help in the Stadium push, but lets be honest that's not looking to promising anyways, and if the team sells it's future to try and win now, what kind of product would be on the field to open the new stadium??
Taylor is very interesting: Accurate passer, reads defenses, highly mobile, makes good decisions. The knock is he is only 6'1". I think he is EVERYBODY'S sleeper QB in the draft. Somebody is going to grab him early in the 3rd.
Think about it

Herndon, VA

#20 Apr 28, 2011
Personally I think trading our 1st round pick to Cleveland for their 2nd round this year and 1st round next year makes a little bit of sense. Let's face it Cleveland has a pretty good chance of being one of the worst teams in the NFL this year possibly netting us a top 5 pick in next yrs draft. That way we'd possibly have a chance at the #1 overall QB coming out of next yrs draft. That way we can spend the rest of our picks this yr on other needs (DE, OL, CB, S, WR, etc) and grab a real top tier QB next yr!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Washington NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Washington selects Tuiasosopo as interim coachv... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Zild0405 3
News Washington WR Williams cited for misdemeanor (Jul '13) Jul '13 Sport Meister 1
News Desmond Trufant Goes to the Vikings In Newest F... (Feb '13) Feb '13 rick in illinois 1
News No. 8 Arizona beats Washington State 79-65 (Feb '13) Feb '13 Redpubes 1
News Joshua Smith To Washington: Examining the Possi... (Dec '12) Jan '13 Brew In 2
News Joe Montana's son Nick Montana transferring to ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Ron Davis Jr 1
News Steelers rookie faces felony charges after poli... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Booze Tested 18
More from around the web