Spectacular Bid?

Spectacular Bid?

There are 2 comments on the The Washington Post story from Mar 4, 2009, titled Spectacular Bid?. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Even after 35 minutes of work went for naught, it's not hard to see what's happening at Maryland.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

MTC

Hunt Valley, MD

#1 Mar 4, 2009
Love the article, Gary is indeed a great coach. I think most of buzz about his tenure though has been about his recruiting not his coaching. After all who else exactly is to blame for putting together a 'very untalented Division I team'?

One other comment - pointing out just two egregious calls of a walk on Vasquez instead of a foul on Wake, and vice versa both lead to 5 point swings late in the game. That's pretty important in a game that was as close as this was; I can see why fans might not be too complimentary of the officiating.
Adam

New York, NY

#2 Mar 4, 2009
Whatever man... You and all the other haters were about ready to wrap Gary's gold watch in gift paper 6 wks ago... and yes, you do suck for calling out these guys. Apparently this is your first season watching MD basketball... or you'd know that ALL of Gary's teams do not pick it up till the end of the season. Even the 2002 team was resurected by that win at VA... which did not come till late Jan or early Feb... douche!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wake Forest University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Player Profile: Rondale Watson (Nov '14) Nov '14 lol 1
News FSU opponent preview: Wake Forest's defense has... (Oct '14) Oct '14 whop mack 1
News Minnesota Timberwolves resume pre-draft workout... (Jun '09) Jan '14 Patrick Kelly 5
News Miami Dolphins: 5 Late-Round Prospects That Wou... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Draft Beer 1
News Cowboys stay defensive until taking West Virgin... (Apr '12) Apr '12 See the Light 2
News Forward Stewart Transfers To USC (Apr '11) Apr '11 john lewkowicz 1
News WFU Grants Woods' Request for Release from Program (Oct '10) Oct '10 Rocky 1
More from around the web