Different kind of streak for Tar Heels

Different kind of streak for Tar Heels

There are 16 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Jan 11, 2009, titled Different kind of streak for Tar Heels. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Jeff Teague scored a career-high 34 points to lead No. 4 Wake Forest past No. 3 North Carolina, 92-89, Sunday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

James

Newport News, VA

#1 Jan 12, 2009
Shouldn't the reigning National Player of the Year be able to put his team on his back and carry them to victory (especially considering all the calls he gets from the love-sick refs)? Hansbrough going 3-for-12 sure does sound like an amazing stat ... just goes to show Michael Beasley got robbed last year.
PIERAT

Williamsburg, VA

#2 Jan 12, 2009
I hate north CAROLINA !

GO PIRATES !
UNC

Charlotte, NC

#3 Jan 12, 2009
PIERAT wrote:
I hate north CAROLINA !
GO PIRATES !
...I would hate them too if they continually kicked my teams sorry ass....I assume you are talking of ECU and stay on topic with Basketball

“Jacob's Sookie”

Since: Nov 07

Hamilton,Va SOBX

#4 Jan 12, 2009
UNC....Go Heels and Hail to North Carolina!
Now bow down! lol
UNCC Fan

AOL

#5 Jan 12, 2009
UNC Charlotte 49ers!! Still undefeated!!
UNC

Charlotte, NC

#6 Jan 12, 2009
James wrote:
Shouldn't the reigning National Player of the Year be able to put his team on his back and carry them to victory (especially considering all the calls he gets from the love-sick refs)? Hansbrough going 3-for-12 sure does sound like an amazing stat ... just goes to show Michael Beasley got robbed last year.
Typical hater comment and it also shows you obvious bias and ignorance. Watch the games and see how many times he is fouled and it is not called. Good luck keeping up with Michael Beasley who is the anti Tyler.
James

Newport News, VA

#7 Jan 13, 2009
UNC wrote:
<quoted text>Typical hater comment and it also shows you obvious bias and ignorance. Watch the games and see how many times he is fouled and it is not called. Good luck keeping up with Michael Beasley who is the anti Tyler.
So I guess I missed the part about Beasley having the highest scoring AND rebounding averages in NCAA Div1 history for a freshman. Must be my ignorance and bias - OR - could it be that you're just a total UNC homer devoid of the ability to be objective. Put Beasley on the 2007-2008 UNC team and they go undefeated (good showing against Kansas by the way ... a team Beasley beat). There is NO comparison in talent level between MBeast and Pyscho T. The Naismith award, much like the Heisman, isn't about the BEST player in the sport. It's a popularity contest at best and a sportswriter circle jerk at worst. Beasley put up his numbers while being the ONLY threat on his team AND while being double/triple teamed. If THans isn't on UNC, he's just another tall white guy. Tyler wouldn't be able to touch the ball much less score without Lawson, Ellington, Greene , and Ginyard.
Va Tech Thug

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Jan 13, 2009
Weve got more felons than any of you got.
James

Newport News, VA

#9 Jan 13, 2009
Va Tech Thug wrote:
Weve got more felons than any of you got.
You're an imbecile.
UNC

Charlotte, NC

#10 Jan 13, 2009
James wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess I missed the part about Beasley having the highest scoring AND rebounding averages in NCAA Div1 history for a freshman. Must be my ignorance and bias - OR - could it be that you're just a total UNC homer devoid of the ability to be objective. Put Beasley on the 2007-2008 UNC team and they go undefeated (good showing against Kansas by the way ... a team Beasley beat). There is NO comparison in talent level between MBeast and Pyscho T. The Naismith award, much like the Heisman, isn't about the BEST player in the sport. It's a popularity contest at best and a sportswriter circle jerk at worst. Beasley put up his numbers while being the ONLY threat on his team AND while being double/triple teamed. If THans isn't on UNC, he's just another tall white guy. Tyler wouldn't be able to touch the ball much less score without Lawson, Ellington, Greene , and Ginyard.
No Jackass...If Hansbrough shot 40 times a game maybe he would have had Beasleys numbers...Apparently you are a pro fan which is what Beasley is a pro player he is not a team player. What is up with the racist jackass comment...are you threatened that a white guy can ball at this level..Not a homer just not a hater...Beasley is a great talent but he is where he should be the pro game...I have no doubt he will be a better pro than Hnasbrough but we are talking college right? Typical jackass ignorant pro fan
UVa fan

White Stone, VA

#11 Jan 13, 2009
Hansbrough being national player of the year shows the decline of top talent not staying in college for 4 years. If he truly was the best, we won't be seeing another Olympic Gold medal for a while . He couldn't start for Spain. And the fact that he plays for UNC has nothing to do with it. He'll be a footnote after 2 years in the NBA, just an overblown Kurt Rambis.
UNC

Charlotte, NC

#12 Jan 13, 2009
DAMN....GOOD THING WE DON'T LIVE IN SPAIN...WE ARE TALKING COLLEGE NOT PRO. WHERE IS THAT SPECIMEN RALPH SAMPSON WHEN WE NEED HIM!
UNC

Charlotte, NC

#13 Jan 13, 2009
Funny how this starts out as a thread for UNC basketball and immediately turns into an I hate TYLER HANSBROUGH. Folks the fact is he hustles and that game translates well to college. If you want to talk pro go to a pro thread and leave the basketball talk to those that are informed. Don't hate because you can't stop him even at 3-12 he winds up with 17 points and more bruises than any other player. I could not agree more poor fellow he is indeed another Kurt Rambis...15 years and how many championships...Oh I digress who cares, good luck hating the heels this year and maybe James and UVA if you are not one and the same you will get your wish and see him in the pros
James

Newport News, VA

#14 Jan 14, 2009
UNC: Nice digression to name calling. Its a good barometer of someone's intelligence when he/she cannot support his/her opinion with FACT therefore they resort to attempting to belittle the other party. I'm so hurt by your jackass comment, and here I thought we were both smart enough to express each other with grown up words. Yes, we are talking about college. I said Beasley's talent level is far higher than Hansbrough's. This doesn't necessitate a transition into an NBA argument because Beasley's talent was better than Hansbroughs WHILE IN COLLEGE. Beasley never shot 40 times a game in his college career. The most shots he ever attempted was 25, keeping in mind he didn't play with 7-8 other McDonald's All Americans like Tyler has the pleasure of playing with. If he played for UNC his shots would have been down but he would've gotten the same point totals b/c teams couldn't double/triple team him. Could the same be said if Tyler played his collegiate career out in Manhattan, KS? Most likely no. Oh wait I'm an ignorant, uninformed, pro fan so what would I know about college statistics (ie facts). Its hilarious that just because I don't display the same blind dedication to Hansbrough that I cannot be white or knowledgeable or a college fan (even though my entire point about Beasley was that he was a better college player even alluding to if you replace Tyler with Michael on the 2007-2008 UNC squad they go undefeated and win the NCAA Div1 National Championship). I never brought up the pros when referencing the NCAA Div1 freshman records. Last I checked the NBA and the NCAA are two completely different entities. So what are your thoughts on JJ Redick? Yes, I do realize that UNC and Duke are mortal enemies a la Israel and Palestine, but you did say "[you're] Not a homer". So if you aren't a homer you can objectively comment on the collegiate career of JJ Redick.
American Pie

Glen Allen, VA

#15 Jan 14, 2009
Redick was overrated. Who is this Beasley dude? If he doesn't play in the ACC he's not worthy of getting any recognition.
Ralph Sampson comment....IF Ralph had played for Dean Smith, he would of played in the NBA for 15 years with 15 All-Star appearances and a few rings to go with it. Sampson had no heart, no want to, Holland spoon-fed his crying babyass for 4 years. Sampson shouldn't even be mentioned in the same thread as T Hans....
UNC

Charlotte, NC

#16 Jan 14, 2009
Well at least you know what you are.. JJ Reddick was an unbelievable college player as was Christain Laettner and several othe from Duke. I am not taking anything away from Beasley but your What if's are maddening. No UNC would not have been undefeated...Are you getting royalties from Beasley for being his defender....and who are you defending him against? I agree he is a wonderful PRO player but it is who wh can not be objective. The NBA an NCAA are two different entities but your freshman records are skewed as Beasley was on a crap K-State team. How again with the what if's but what if Tyler were on that team. How do you know oh wise knowledgable one that Hansbrough could not have done the same thing. Oh thats right you don't know that you are merely speculating which is your opinion which I disagree with. Nothing you say will change that ....Have fun WATCHING UNC AND THE OVERATED GREAT WHITE HYPE CUTTING THE NETS DOWN...THAT IS IF YOU CAN TURN OFF THE PRO GAME...GOODBYE AND GOODLUCK TO YOU!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wake Forest University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Player Profile: Rondale Watson (Nov '14) Nov '14 lol 1
News FSU opponent preview: Wake Forest's defense has... (Oct '14) Oct '14 whop mack 1
News Minnesota Timberwolves resume pre-draft workout... (Jun '09) Jan '14 Patrick Kelly 5
News Miami Dolphins: 5 Late-Round Prospects That Wou... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Draft Beer 1
News Cowboys stay defensive until taking West Virgin... (Apr '12) Apr '12 See the Light 2
News Forward Stewart Transfers To USC (Apr '11) Apr '11 john lewkowicz 1
News WFU Grants Woods' Request for Release from Program (Oct '10) Oct '10 Rocky 1
More from around the web