UVA Quarterback Michael Rocco Will Transfer - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Wea...

Junior quarterback Michael Rocco will transfer from the University of Virginia, after asking for and being granted his release by the Cavalier coaches. Full Story
Walose

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Dec 2, 2012
Good move.Rocco is smart.The coaches at UVA do not have a clue how to run a successful football team.
Crazy

Ruckersville, VA

#2 Dec 2, 2012
Good for him, he will be a good FCS qb, or back up at a FBS school. Now if he can get Lazor to go with him it will be great. Didn't help with a horrible OC, but that kid can't throw a spiral, and throws game changing back breaking Int's.
Albemarle Native

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Dec 2, 2012
Walose wrote:
Good move.Rocco is smart.The coaches at UVA do not have a clue how to run a successful football team.
I could not agree more. I have seen pee wee football coaches have a better understanding of the game.
jjj

Waynesboro, VA

#4 Dec 2, 2012
It was clear that this would likely happen back in the summer when Simms became eligible to play this season.. While Simms has long term higher potential it was clear that Rocco was still a much better fit to run the team this season. I like Rocco but I am glad he is transfering so we won't see a 2 qb shuffle next year that clearly does not work 95% of the time.. But knowing who our coach is and his apparent lack of understanding of certain things it would not be a suprise to still see multiple qbs play next season even without any injury to Simms. Anyway whether you like Rocco or not he did become our BEST qb since Hagans left after the 2005 season.... Thanks for the effort in the last 2 seasons Rocco , Good luck next year !
DirtKicker

Palmyra, VA

#5 Dec 2, 2012
Sorry, but the guy managed to throw interception after interception this season and every season. I think that Phillip Simms will be a much better fit.
brorabbit

Waynesboro, VA

#6 Dec 2, 2012
Starting with the preseason, I knew that UVA football season would be going downhill. I don't understand why a quarterback who has winning season, and gets his team to play in a college bowl game, should have to earn his starting position the next year.Rocco,you earned that position, and it effected your style of play, as it would anyone else with someone breathing down your neck,and the coach not having confidence in your ability.If UVA wasn't good enough for Sims to come in as freshman, no matter his talent, he should have came in as the 3rd string qb!
Good luck Rocco!
impccrazy

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Dec 3, 2012
Good luck Rocco, we will miss you. just give her secrets to Sims

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Cavaliers Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former-UVA Basketball Star Victim of Alleged Fr... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tami Simson 1
Cville Council to Hear Transit Recommendations (Mar '13) Mar '13 Michael Hunt 1
Defense: Bar Statements of Skyline Motel Murder... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Fred 1
Obama Campaign Releases List of Top Donors (Mar '13) Mar '13 blaster 12
Inmates Showcase Artwork at "Beyond the Bars' E... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Liber Al 6
UVA Student Body Approves New Honor System Prop... (Mar '13) Mar '13 W and L Alum 8
Relationship Between Sullivan and Dragas Still ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 nobody 13
More from around the web