Virginia Commonwealth Rams 2011 Baske...

Virginia Commonwealth Rams 2011 Basketball Championship Run

ReadTheArticle

Truckee, CA

#1 Mar 19, 2011
Take that Jay Bilas!
ReadTheArticle

San Mateo, CA

#2 Mar 26, 2011
Quote in an interview with Jay Bilas (March 25th)... seems he is still wrong about VCU and wrong about Ohio St vs Kentucky...

==========
Q: VCU has seemed to enjoy bringing you up as one of the analysts who thought it did not deserve to be in the NCAA Tournament. Does that bother you?

A: I don't care about that. That comes with the territory; fans are passionate and should be. I made an argument based upon how the selection process works; it has nothing to do with who would or would not win in the tournament. Just because VCU won, that doesn't make me wrong, and UAB getting blasted doesn't make me right. Those are Selection Sunday arguments that have nothing to do with a team's success in the tournament.

Q: Any team you are looking at as the favorite right now?

A: Ohio State is the favorite by far. Ohio State and Kansas have been the two best teams and have been all year. I would put Duke right there, too.

Q: Does Kentucky have a chance against Ohio State?

A: Ohio State is a much better team than Kentucky. They are older, they have got better shooters, they are better defensively and have a very good perimeter shooting team. They have a big guy in (Jared) Sullinger who you have to double team, and if you do he can kick it out.(Jon) Diebler is one of the best 3-point shooters ever; William Buford and David Lighty can make shots out there, too.
ReadTheArticle

San Mateo, CA

#3 Mar 26, 2011
Forgot to include link to article

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/yb/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Commonwealth Rams NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rams continue NCAA Tournament charge in clash w... (Mar '11) Jan '13 TopMod9 3
News Gahanna graduate part of VCU run | The Columbus... (Mar '11) Mar '11 WHAT 9
News Top-seed Kansas proves no match in No. 11 VCU's... (Mar '11) Mar '11 olbuck 3
News Men's Basketball: Gahanna grad to play in Final... (Mar '11) Mar '11 hey 1
News First Four to Final Four: VCU stuns Kansas, 71-61 (Mar '11) Mar '11 George 10
News First Four to Final Four: VCU stuns Kansas 71-61 (Mar '11) Mar '11 Only In EP 9
News VCU stuns Kansas, advances to the Final Four (Mar '11) Mar '11 The Real World 1
More from around the web