UCLA, Villanova players debate home-court advantage

Full story: LA Daily News
The agitation began quickly, with Villanova guard Corey Fisher saying the three games the Wildcats played at the Wachovia Center this season wouldn't give them a home-court advantage. Full Story
E C Schumacher

Citrus Heights, CA

#1 Mar 21, 2009
Both Villanova and UCLA have practiced all year against similar styles of play, and UCLA' signature strategy is double teaming the post. With Holiday seeing more time as point and Collison as the 2, look for a Bruin victory. Add Shipp's new found rebounding, and Villanova is making way for the next team without an inside dominator, Duke. Each game is preparing the Bruins for the next. Can they get by Pitt. Howland can prepare for Pitt better than nayone, having developed their style of play as their former head coach. But a fourth final 4 may be the limit for the Bruins. North Carolina may be too much. However UCLA can double team Hansbrough, with the other three Bruins taking his passing lanes, and Collisson is quicker and faster than Lawson, even when all Lawson's toes are go. But Oklahoma will have alreadt defeated N.C. by then anyway,
With all the UCLA frosh dividing time, none will go pro. With next year's large number of big men coming, and Howland's spreading their wealth around, and none of them leaving early, wow. UCLA will have no peer in two years.
Mark my words? No, just reading them is enough. Thanks for reading. Care and Joy, Ed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villanova Wildcats NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Villanova all but punches ticket to NCAA tourna... (Mar '13) Mar '13 B money 1
College Hoops Team of the Week: Villanova Wildcats (Jan '13) Jan '13 Chucky Chuck Rock... 1
Villanova (Jan '13) Jan '13 inklink 1
College Basketball Recruiting: Amile Jefferson ... (Mar '12) May '12 Fox Hunter 2
Chambers changes the hoops culture at PSU (Nov '11) Nov '11 ems 1
UTEP's Randy Culpepper gets honorable mention o... (Mar '10) Jun '11 Wildcat 14
I need Final Four tickets for Houston...Help!! (Mar '11) Mar '11 davidd12 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Villanova Wildcats NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••