North Carolina rolls into final

North Carolina rolls into final

There are 31 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Apr 4, 2009, titled North Carolina rolls into final. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

DETROIT In a classic case of men vs. boys, North Carolina never gave Villanova much chance to breathe, let alone whip up a fresh dose of Final Four magic.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Upstatecat88

Anderson, SC

#23 Apr 5, 2009
alekas wrote:
<quoted text>
that's how the Pack squeaked in, by winning those 3 games. Otherwise, it was another year in the NIT. ACC history is full of surprise tournament winners, none of whom did very well in the NCAA tournament. Bit touchy, aren't you?
No, it's just that when I hear the expression "squeaking in" it usually is applied to a team with a marginal resume that receives an at-large bid. The poster seemed to be suggesting that State got in despite having ten losses; when their bid was an automatic one. Sorry for being so controversial.
alekas

Spruce Pine, NC

#24 Apr 5, 2009
Upstatecat88 wrote:
<quoted text>No, it's just that when I hear the expression "squeaking in" it usually is applied to a team with a marginal resume that receives an at-large bid. The poster seemed to be suggesting that State got in despite having ten losses; when their bid was an automatic one. Sorry for being so controversial.
no sweat. The Pack got in the tourney the only way it could, but things worked out pretty well. Worth remembering for Tar Heel fans who may be overconfident. Mich State is practically on its home court, far removed from the December debacle. On paper, Carolina should win but, again, games are not played on paper.

I pulled for State in '83 and will do so for Carolina tomorrow. One of the benefits of having gone to college in another state.
Ticker

Granbury, TX

#25 Apr 5, 2009
Upstatecat88 wrote:
<quoted text>Winning the ACC Tournament is "squeaking" in??
Yes, considering the fact that they were not even in consideration to finish better than next to last in the ACC.
Its Like This

Waterloo, Canada

#26 Apr 5, 2009
When Carolina beat Michigan State in December, they played in Detroit,at Ford Field, giving Michigan State a home court advantage, yet Carolina won by 35

In the first match up Suton did not play for Michigan State.

Michigan State is a much improved team.

I'm sure Carolina is confident, but not over confident. Carolina is playing like the best team in the country.

And Tom Izzo himself said if Michigan State plays good and Carolina plays good too, Michigan State would lose because Carolina is the best team in the country. He said in order for them to win, they would have to have an almost perfect game with Carolina having a sub-par game.

Carolina is definitely the favorite.

They want the win and they deserve it! They have stuck together as a team and worked hard.
Upstatecat88

Anderson, SC

#27 Apr 5, 2009
alekas wrote:
<quoted text>
no sweat. The Pack got in the tourney the only way it could, but things worked out pretty well. Worth remembering for Tar Heel fans who may be overconfident. Mich State is practically on its home court, far removed from the December debacle. On paper, Carolina should win but, again, games are not played on paper.
I pulled for State in '83 and will do so for Carolina tomorrow. One of the benefits of having gone to college in another state.
I also pull for both since I have siblings who attended both. I just hope I wasn't wrong to not want UConn to beat Mich. St.!
UNC Tar Heels

Savannah, GA

#28 Apr 5, 2009
Its Like This wrote:
When Carolina beat Michigan State in December, they played in Detroit,at Ford Field, giving Michigan State a home court advantage, yet Carolina won by 35
In the first match up Suton did not play for Michigan State.
Michigan State is a much improved team.
I'm sure Carolina is confident, but not over confident. Carolina is playing like the best team in the country.
And Tom Izzo himself said if Michigan State plays good and Carolina plays good too, Michigan State would lose because Carolina is the best team in the country. He said in order for them to win, they would have to have an almost perfect game with Carolina having a sub-par game.
Carolina is definitely the favorite.
They want the win and they deserve it! They have stuck together as a team and worked hard.
And UNC's Hansbrough was coming off a foot injury, having missed previous games. The only missed games of his career. hansbrough played 27 minutes.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#29 Apr 5, 2009
UNC Tar Heels wrote:
<quoted text>
And UNC's Hansbrough was coming off a foot injury, having missed previous games. The only missed games of his career. hansbrough played 27 minutes.
Hansbrough would play blind if he had to. He just honestly loves the game! And it shows. I hope he ends his college years on a high note!
Its Like This

Waterloo, Canada

#30 Apr 5, 2009
Tyler has somewhat struggled as of late, but that just shows the strength, depth, athleticism and determination of the Tar Heels.

I hope for a National Championship for Tyler, Danny and Bobby. Tyler and Danny could have left for the NBA and Bobby overcame injury and look what they have accomplished, the best team in college basketball!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#31 Apr 5, 2009
Its Like This wrote:
Tyler has somewhat struggled as of late, but that just shows the strength, depth, athleticism and determination of the Tar Heels.
I hope for a National Championship for Tyler, Danny and Bobby. Tyler and Danny could have left for the NBA and Bobby overcame injury and look what they have accomplished, the best team in college basketball!
I agree. Could probably be described as another Dream Team. Go Heels!

Since: Nov 07

United States

#32 Apr 6, 2009
laughorbust wrote:
<quoted text>Sucker!!! You're on!! LOL
Ah, you did read real close what I said, right?

Heels only favored by 7 pts.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#33 Apr 6, 2009
dadoldfart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you did read real close what I said, right?
Heels only favored by 7 pts.
Yep! I was being sarcastic.... Heels win by 20 or MSU lose by 20, I'm in the virtual money!!!! I still think it's gonna be closer than that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villanova Wildcats NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Villanova all but punches ticket to NCAA tourna... (Mar '13) Mar '13 B money 1
News College Hoops Team of the Week: Villanova Wildcats (Jan '13) Jan '13 Chucky Chuck Rock... 1
News Villanova (Jan '13) Jan '13 inklink 1
News College Basketball Recruiting: Amile Jefferson ... (Mar '12) May '12 Fox Hunter 2
News Chambers changes the hoops culture at PSU (Nov '11) Nov '11 ems 1
News UTEP's Randy Culpepper gets honorable mention o... (Mar '10) Jun '11 Wildcat 14
I need Final Four tickets for Houston...Help!! (Mar '11) Mar '11 davidd12 1
More from around the web