On and On with Bob Sansevere: NFL dra...

On and On with Bob Sansevere: NFL draft analyst Shawn Zobel projects the Vikings' picks

There are 52 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 20, 2011, titled On and On with Bob Sansevere: NFL draft analyst Shawn Zobel projects the Vikings' picks. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Twin Cities-based NFL draft analyst Shawn Zobel, who owns draftheadquarters.com, has projected the Vikings' draft picks through seven rounds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Archangel

Saint Cloud, MN

#42 Apr 22, 2011
big fan51 wrote:
I don't think any of his picks are correct!

MAYBE the positions....DEFINATELY not the player picks.
Archangel

Saint Cloud, MN

#43 Apr 22, 2011
Dobber Dubinsky wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of people talk about moving Winfield to S but I think if we were to move a CB to S, it should Griffin after his double knee surgeries. He was burnable before his surgeries. I'm afraid to see what he'll be like next season. He probably won't be able to keep up. Winfield is a born CB and shouldn't be moved, IMO.

VERY true, IMO. Winfield is just a natural in position. I don't think that they'd ever seriously consider moving him. He's still one of the best in the league. MN needs to change some players, I agree with most people on that. It's not just because I'm a Viking fan,(which I am) or an NFL fan,(which I am predominantly) it's because he is one of the players that really is worth his "hype". A. Peterson lives up to his laurels, Hutch does too. J. nAllen does too. It's just not as obvious now, because he's always doubled upon. Shank is pretty good, Rice is very good, Harvin is excellent. On the bad side, McKinney $u(ks a$$, Sullivan needs to prove himself THIS season,(I know he had injuries) NEED a QB, & 2/3ds of an "O" line. And a decent S.

“TROJANS READY TO RESTORE ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#44 Apr 22, 2011
I say take Mallet. His air arsensal will be an exciting fit in Southern California for when the Vikings move to L.A.
Whatever

Las Vegas, NV

#45 Apr 22, 2011
Dobber Dubinsky wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of people talk about moving Winfield to S but I think if we were to move a CB to S, it should Griffin after his double knee surgeries. He was burnable before his surgeries. I'm afraid to see what he'll be like next season. He probably won't be able to keep up. Winfield is a born CB and shouldn't be moved, IMO.
I agree with both of you...(???)

How about they move Griffin AND Winfield to safety to replace Williams and Johnson/Abdullah/Sanford, pray that Chris Cook stays healthy all year, and draft another CB high next week.

You might be left with a weakened CB spot, but you'd gain two better safeties...
Steve I

Minneapolis, MN

#46 Apr 22, 2011
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, you just did, actually that is..
I like that. good point.
Dobber Dubinsky

Canada

#47 Apr 22, 2011
Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
VERY true, IMO. Winfield is just a natural in position. I don't think that they'd ever seriously consider moving him. He's still one of the best in the league. MN needs to change some players, I agree with most people on that. It's not just because I'm a Viking fan,(which I am) or an NFL fan,(which I am predominantly) it's because he is one of the players that really is worth his "hype". A. Peterson lives up to his laurels, Hutch does too. J. nAllen does too. It's just not as obvious now, because he's always doubled upon. Shank is pretty good, Rice is very good, Harvin is excellent. On the bad side, McKinney $u(ks ****, Sullivan needs to prove himself THIS season,(I know he had injuries) NEED a QB, & 2/3ds of an "O" line. And a decent S.
Guys I think we need to replace are both S positions for sure, possibly Griffin, Brinkley should be able to fill in for Leber, McMatador for sure, is Phat Pat coming back?? I think we should give Loadholdt and Sullivan another year, Berrian needs to go far far away for sure, if Chilly was still here we could trade him for a tube of scalp shine, but now that he's gone, we won't get anything for him, unfortunately. That's my take.
Dobber Dubinsky

Canada

#48 Apr 22, 2011
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
How about they move Griffin AND Winfield to safety to replace Williams and Johnson/Abdullah/Sanford, pray that Chris Cook stays healthy all year, and draft another CB high next week.
You might be left with a weakened CB spot, but you'd gain two better safeties..
Interesting idea but I would really prefer Winfield stay at CB. I heard the draft has a lot of decent S prospects after the first couple rounds, maybe we should go that way if a guy we like that is available later in the draft. Know of any players that would fit the bill?
Lito

Victorville, CA

#49 Apr 25, 2011
My wish is for the team to draft well for 2011. Good luck Vikings!
The truth hurts

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#50 Apr 26, 2011
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be left with a weakened CB spot, but you'd gain two better safeties...
So your approach to problem-solving is "pray Cook stays healthy" and to voluntarily weaken the cornerback position. Not sure that kind of analysis will land you a gig as a DB coach any time soon.
iowa viking

West Des Moines, IA

#51 Apr 27, 2011
OKAY 2011 DRAFT here we go, good luck FRAZIER!!!!!

“Vikings Rock”

Since: Jun 08

Smallville, SD

#52 Apr 27, 2011
iowa viking wrote:
OKAY 2011 DRAFT here we go, good luck FRAZIER!!!!!
Amen brother, lets hope for a good one.
Army CPT at Ft Lee

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#53 Apr 28, 2011
worst draft mock Ive see wrote:
Okay let's analyze....we have lots of needs.
1st round.....if Prince is here (CB) take him. Antoine is not getting any younger and we need help with possible injuries and he's a steal at 12. If not (don't think Dallas could pass on him) we need OT help. There is no need to get a QB unless we can protect him. Mallet and Newton will be gone, if they were there at 12 I would consider it but neither is an instant starter and personally I think Newton is too dumb to be a good QB in the NFL. We do NOT need a starting Defensive lineman, we have depth here at both tackle and DE...did you see Robison play last couple years? You want high motor and energy we have him....it's a slower white version of John Randle with tons of potential and only in the league a couple years.
2nd round Seriously NV qb Kaebernick (or however you spell it). So we draft a young, raw, scrambling QB that needs a couple years of grooming to start? Um we already have that exact thing with JOE WEBB. He's young, raw, talented, and he already knows our offense and has a year under his belt. Why draft an identical style to someone we already have on our roster with more experience?
3rd round (don't have one) we might trade down in first to get a pick here, but for now we have none.
4th round NOW we can grab a DE. Draft is deep at DE and can't hurt if can find someone here. Won't waste time guessing who.
5th round. ONLY PICK I agree with above. Franklin could come in and yeah it would be a second OT but look at the number of sacks we gave up last year and we need more than one OT. He would be a great pick here, but might be taken by someone else earlier (think Dallas or Houston to name two).
6th and 7th look for a safety and DT.
That's my two cents.
KC
Nice post. I agree, especially in regards to Webb in comparison to draftable QBs. Don't waste a 1st round pick on something we've already got.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utah State University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Notebook: Injuries force USD players to miss out (Mar '14) Mar '14 Andrew Thoseby 1
News Utah St falls to No. 7 San Diego St 74-69 in OT (Jan '14) Jan '14 bahce 1
News Utah State - College football's most underrated... (Oct '12) Oct '12 P_Smith 1
News The Morning After: Utah State-Wisconsin MVPs, F... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Matt from Columbus 2
News Former Miner Nick Vaught goes bowling with Utah... (Dec '11) Dec '11 football fan 1
News Winning time unkind to Aggie men's basketball team (Mar '11) Mar '11 The Fan 4
News Miner to Midshipman to Aggie - The Park Record (Feb '11) Mar '11 Local Observer 7
More from around the web