On and On with Bob Sansevere: NFL draft analyst Shawn Zobel projects the Vikings' picks

There are 20 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 20, 2011, titled On and On with Bob Sansevere: NFL draft analyst Shawn Zobel projects the Vikings' picks. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Twin Cities-based NFL draft analyst Shawn Zobel, who owns draftheadquarters.com, has projected the Vikings' draft picks through seven rounds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Dobber Dubinsky

Canada

#1 Apr 20, 2011
Looks good to me but we'll be lucky if Kaepernick is still around at 43. Skol Vikings!

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#2 Apr 20, 2011
Kerrigan's solid, not sure we need a DE that bad & DE's the number one bust position for round 1. Kaepernick's a sure bust in my mind. His best shot would be to not play for 3 or 4 years & learn behind someone else.
Better to me: go DT, if the vikes want a DL- I'm sure Corey Luiget would be available there & then take a Stanzi or Dalton with pick 43. Assuming no trade downs.
worst draft mock Ive see

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Apr 21, 2011
Okay let's analyze....we have lots of needs.
1st round.....if Prince is here (CB) take him. Antoine is not getting any younger and we need help with possible injuries and he's a steal at 12. If not (don't think Dallas could pass on him) we need OT help. There is no need to get a QB unless we can protect him. Mallet and Newton will be gone, if they were there at 12 I would consider it but neither is an instant starter and personally I think Newton is too dumb to be a good QB in the NFL. We do NOT need a starting Defensive lineman, we have depth here at both tackle and DE...did you see Robison play last couple years? You want high motor and energy we have him....it's a slower white version of John Randle with tons of potential and only in the league a couple years.
2nd round Seriously NV qb Kaebernick (or however you spell it). So we draft a young, raw, scrambling QB that needs a couple years of grooming to start? Um we already have that exact thing with JOE WEBB. He's young, raw, talented, and he already knows our offense and has a year under his belt. Why draft an identical style to someone we already have on our roster with more experience?
3rd round (don't have one) we might trade down in first to get a pick here, but for now we have none.
4th round NOW we can grab a DE. Draft is deep at DE and can't hurt if can find someone here. Won't waste time guessing who.
5th round. ONLY PICK I agree with above. Franklin could come in and yeah it would be a second OT but look at the number of sacks we gave up last year and we need more than one OT. He would be a great pick here, but might be taken by someone else earlier (think Dallas or Houston to name two).
6th and 7th look for a safety and DT.
That's my two cents.
KC

Since: May 10

United States

#5 Apr 21, 2011
Trade back, get more picks, build for the future. OL, DT and DB's are good choices and have relatively long shelf-lives before production drops off. We need an athletic OLB who can cover a TE or RB on passing plays too.
Don't reach for a QB project, we need starters this season.
Nostradumass

Maple Plain, MN

#6 Apr 21, 2011
Nice article Bob, Have someone else fill your space with guesses on the NFL draft, call me I have my own list.
Forget Kerrigan

Baltimore, MD

#7 Apr 21, 2011
I was just listening to Sirius NFL this morning. The analyst said Kerrigan is over-rated, smallish and neither possesses the speed or power to make an impact.
This wiould be a wasted pick as the Vikings have had a fascination with drafting DEs who were busts, Underwood, James and Uzezi! How about focusing on OL or CBs?
FMC651

La Crosse, WI

#8 Apr 21, 2011
I sure hope this guy doesn't know what he is talking about. I don't like the first two picks for sure. They can do better than that.
Justice

Lakeville, MN

#9 Apr 21, 2011
I hope Zobel has a day job because he sucks as a draft geek!
Kaepernick is a project just like T-Joke was! The Vikings DO NOT need another 5 year project that never pans out! Either Locker or Mallet need to be the choice!
TommyJ

Eden Prairie, MN

#10 Apr 21, 2011
Justice wrote:
I hope Zobel has a day job because he sucks as a draft geek!
Agree 100%. I gotta get into the "Draft Guru" business. Three weeks ago in the Fish Wrap West Edition, this Zobel guy was certain the Vikes would pick either a QB or Tyron Smith at OT. Now he is saying this DE. So to be a "Draft Guru", do you just have to throw every name possible out there so after the draft you can claim that you picked it perfectly?
Army CPT at Fort Lee

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#11 Apr 21, 2011
What does the kid from Nevada have that Webb hasn't got?
Steve I

Plainfield, IL

#12 Apr 21, 2011
I don't know anything about these draft candidates, but I am curious about the analysis of Curtis Marsh.

It says:
"Great athlete whose best football could still be in the future.....".
Does that mean the others are all washed up? Shouldn't all potential draftees have their best football ahead of them if they are going into the NFL?
Nostradumass

Maple Plain, MN

#13 Apr 21, 2011
Steve I wrote:
I don't know anything about these draft candidates, but I am curious about the analysis of Curtis Marsh.
It says:
"Great athlete whose best football could still be in the future.....".
Does that mean the others are all washed up? Shouldn't all potential draftees have their best football ahead of them if they are going into the NFL?
That didn't work for T-Jack
Kent

Elk Grove Village, IL

#14 Apr 21, 2011
I dont like this at all. All mocks I have seen Kerrigan goes no higher than 16. Thats the highest I have seen him. Watt could be there, if Tennessee and Dallas dont take him. Tyron Smith isn't going to be there, Dallas is in love with the guy, I wanted to bet my buddy 20 bucks Dallas would take him, but he turned it down, as everyone knows Tyron Smith is headed to Dallas. Prince could be there. Houston is the one team that stands in the way. If they want to draft a OL, which I would be ok with, they should trade back. The remaining OL's Carimi,Castonzo,Sherrod,Solder are not worth the 12th overall pick. If Julio Jones slips past Washington (which I doubt) the Vikes could be in prime position for teams trying to jump in front of the Rams to take him. They could ask for a boatload for the 12th overall pick. As far as QB's go, to me its Dalton or Ponder and thats it. We dont want a drug addict (Mallet) or an innacurate passer (Locker) as our QB.
merle

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Apr 21, 2011
another boring draft prediction!!!!!!!!!!get a life!!!!!!!!!!
Whatever

Las Vegas, NV

#16 Apr 21, 2011
merle wrote:
another boring draft prediction!!!!!!!!!!get a life!!!!!!!!!!
^^^ Another dumb internet post!!!!!!!!!!get a life!!!!!!!!!!1
Da Polak

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Apr 21, 2011
I dont like these picks one bit?
Is Zobel Sannys son

Minnetonka, MN

#18 Apr 21, 2011
Odd that he gives a basement dweller this much attention.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Apr 21, 2011
Hey Ziggy hire Mike Mayock
Vikes Fanbase

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Apr 21, 2011
Give up a couple of picks for Mc Nabb and Albert Haynesworth we need them both
Archangel

Saint Cloud, MN

#21 Apr 21, 2011
Apparently, some idiots don't have anything better to do, than to hit the little "Judge It" icons on here. It'd be just as easy to go to greenbay press gazette.com and down grade everything without reading it.(i.e. last years' GB easy schedule, NFL's Officials "make it easy for GB" policy, Etc. etc.)- Not saying GB had a bad team last season, but 3 of the "wins" were "handed" to them by $h!tty Officiating.(One of the MN "losses" was one of them) Have fun, troll(s), because how many teams actually repeat SB wins twice in a row? Things change awfully quick in the NFL. Two years ago, MN virtually owned GB.(A.R. running for his life from J. Allen, & throwing panic passes, Etc.) Punch your pathetic icons. Just remember this post come Nov.-Dec. THIS season. A lot of posters in Chicago & MN are going to be having a lot of fun at your expense. PS - Rodgers STILL looks like the Vasaline Poster Boy from 2009. It's his receivers that deserve most of the credit that they're NOT getting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utah State University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Notebook: Injuries force USD players to miss out (Mar '14) Mar '14 Andrew Thoseby 1
News Utah St falls to No. 7 San Diego St 74-69 in OT (Jan '14) Jan '14 bahce 1
News Utah State - College football's most underrated... (Oct '12) Oct '12 P_Smith 1
News The Morning After: Utah State-Wisconsin MVPs, F... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Matt from Columbus 2
News Former Miner Nick Vaught goes bowling with Utah... (Dec '11) Dec '11 football fan 1
News Winning time unkind to Aggie men's basketball team (Mar '11) Mar '11 The Fan 4
News Miner to Midshipman to Aggie - The Park Record (Feb '11) Mar '11 Local Observer 7
More from around the web