Aggies' next two opponents have each faced disciplinary issues

Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News

The New Mexico State men's basketball team returned Sunday in better shape in the conference standings than when it left.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Feb 10, 2009
Aggie BB Fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2009

Judged:

Can you blame Gillenwater for having words with Menzies. Gillenwater gets blamed by Menzies for losing the game for us almost every week. Listen to the Jack Nixon postgame show on the radio and you will always hear Menzies blaming Gillenwater for something. As I said weeks ago, Gillenwater will not be back next year. Maybe other players will also not return to play for Mr. Idiot, Menzies. Then maybe we can replace him with a real coach, one of the many others that applied for the job.
da man

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2009

Aggie BB who are you? A utep fan? A unm fan? Are you really Troy trying to justify his immaturity?

Who ever you are get lost!!!!!!!!!!
Aggie fan

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2009

Aggie BB Fan wrote:
Can you blame Gillenwater for having words with Menzies. Gillenwater gets blamed by Menzies for losing the game for us almost every week. Listen to the Jack Nixon postgame show on the radio and you will always hear Menzies blaming Gillenwater for something. As I said weeks ago, Gillenwater will not be back next year. Maybe other players will also not return to play for Mr.****, Menzies. Then maybe we can replace him with a real coach, one of the many others that applied for the job.
I don't believe I've every heard Menzies blame anyone specifically for losing a game. Can't remember hearing any coach point out someone at any level of competition and say it was that person who lost the game.

Aggie BB fan, please provide the exact quote, time and date...if you can.
Mr Bill

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2009

Maybe Aggie BB fan is a USU Aggie BB fan and is on the wrong thread.
da man

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2009

MM has never blamed a loss on a certain player. Maybe on the youth of the team, but how can you predict how fast a 18yr old wil mature to a leader. We will be lucky if it happends this season.

MM is doing a great job and you can see the results when we play as a team, but when you get certain players trying to play street ball you see the youth at its best.
NMSU fan in Utah

Draper, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2009

What I have seen of the post game shows and read, I have never heard of Coach Menzies blaming any one player. Gillenwater may have an aditude problem.
AUG

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2009

Let me say this, any succuss the Aggies have this year will be because of Coach Menzies and his staff. Their are two players on the roster (Gibson and Young) that know how to play competitive Division 1 ball. The rest are guys who are good basketball players, but still have a lot to learn to be successful

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••