Sparano: Dolphins rookies need better...

Sparano: Dolphins rookies need better conditioning

There are 75 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 3, 2008, titled Sparano: Dolphins rookies need better conditioning. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

While the real evaluation won't take place until the players have pads on, this weekend's minicamp provided the Dolphins coaching staff with hints about what they have in their rookies and free agents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Beyond all comprehension”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon

#65 May 3, 2008
Mark wrote:
<quoted text> To put the laughingstock Dolphins on an even plane with any team... is clearly delusional....haha
Here's an even plane , your chin and some biscuit's nutsack .

Chinball wizard.
Ted

Montgomery, AL

#67 May 3, 2008
Greg wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you Ted...but the weather in NY and NE during the dog days of August are not much different than they are in South Florida. September weather will not bother those teams. If I were you I'd be happy with 3-4 wins at the end of the season...not the end of September.
<quoted text>
I should elaborate. 3 - 4 wins this year will be great. In seasons to follow, 3-4 wins in Sept. I guess I got caught looking to far ahead. LOL
Ted

Montgomery, AL

#68 May 3, 2008
Woodstrock wrote:
<quoted text> I forgot, the Jets have had all kinds of success playing in the September/October heat.
Would it surprise you to know that the Jets have only beaten Miami in the Sept/Oct 'Miami heat' only 5 out of 15 games since the merger; New England has 2 wins in 15 games; and Buffalo 6 out of 18 games? Miami wins 71% of the time when they play their divisional opponents at home in the Florida heat.
Nah, I'm sure the heat didn't play a factor...(sarcasm)
Good stats Woody. The weather in S Florida is a huge advantage in Sep/Oct. Just as some claim that the December weather hurt the Dolphins in the New England area. But Parcells is building a smash mouth team that won't be effected by the cold. Advantage: MIAMI
Mark

AOL

#69 May 4, 2008
Mike Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
STILL AT IT HUH ROGER? YOU ARE A TRUE LIFELESS LOSER MY FRIEND...YOU ARE HOPELESS....
No im "Mark" now wink wink! But im still a big giant worthless POS!
Mark

AOL

#70 May 4, 2008
Ted wrote:
<quoted text>Good stats Woody. The weather in S Florida is a huge advantage in Sep/Oct. Just as some claim that the December weather hurt the Dolphins in the New England area. But Parcells is building a smash mouth team that won't be effected by the cold. Advantage: MIAMI
The weather in San Fran is marvelous 365 days a year though
RACE

United States

#71 May 4, 2008
Yeah, too bad it's in California though!
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
The weather in San Fran is marvelous 365 days a year though
Michael

Knoxville, TN

#72 May 4, 2008
GFK wrote:
<quoted text>
True...we need a coach who can coach.
This Sporano guy has not been a head coach for 10 years. All season he's going to be taking orders from Parcells. Bill's time in the game has passed, teams have figured out his system and adjust accordingly judging from his playoff record in the90's and 2000's.
The last coach had a system developing through the drafts, he just needed more time to get the playmakers needed.
What this team needed was help on defense, and alarmingly Parcells made no improvements on that side of the ball.
Pretty bold insight for someone who has not seen the defensive lineup or any of the defensive players that were brought in and drafted even play a game under this regime....a few have not played in the NFL. Your insight,if on track, could be used in the free agency signings and on draft day..you may have missed your calling
FinSane

Pompano Beach, FL

#73 May 4, 2008
Finally, no more Club Med practices.
Bob Greasy

Manistee, MI

#74 May 6, 2008
Anna wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, Buddy, that was just gross and uncalled for. Go Phins!
Sounds like someone struck a nerve.
Bob Greasy

Manistee, MI

#75 May 6, 2008
the wrote:
<quoted text> What a looser.
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Greg

Hollywood, FL

#76 May 7, 2008
Mikey...your post sounds like a note from a Dolfan.

6 wins....in your dreams
A QB to fall out of the sky...you keep hoping
a coach not to have one foot out the door - I think you have that confused with the Dolphins coaching revolving door.

Nice try though...
Mike Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were you I would be happy with six wins at the end of the season....and for a QB to fall out of the sky...and for my teams coach to not have one foot out the door...and for the NFL to move the draft from New York so the agony of my fellow Jet fans when my team picks some idiot is not so evident...
Greg

Hollywood, FL

#77 May 7, 2008
Since the merger?! What a joke! And I suppose that team conditioning hasn't changed in 30 years....Come On Woody...you can do better than that.
Woodstrock wrote:
<quoted text> I forgot, the Jets have had all kinds of success playing in the September/October heat.
Would it surprise you to know that the Jets have only beaten Miami in the Sept/Oct 'Miami heat' only 5 out of 15 games since the merger; New England has 2 wins in 15 games; and Buffalo 6 out of 18 games? Miami wins 71% of the time when they play their divisional opponents at home in the Florida heat.
Nah, I'm sure the heat didn't play a factor...(sarcasm)
Greg

Hollywood, FL

#78 May 7, 2008
Mikey...Mikey...Mikey...where is the bashing you refer to?
Did I say he was trashing anyone? Was I trashing anyone?

You're starting to sound like a whining little girl. Get over it!!
Mike Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
by the way what Ted wrote about is true....not so much lately but up until a few years ago Miami's opponents would be done by the end of the third qtr....he was not trashing the Jets or any other team Greg...quit bashing Miami when you are not provoked...you are starting to resemble the closet Miami fan Roger.

Since: Dec 07

West Palm Beach, FL.

#79 May 7, 2008
Greg wrote:
Since the merger?! What a joke! And I suppose that team conditioning hasn't changed in 30 years....Come On Woody...you can do better than that.
<quoted text>
Greg - its been so long on this one, I almost forgot what this was about.

Actually, if you look up the original post that this was referencing, it had to do with a comment about when Shula was coach and the other AFC east teams would wilt in the heat. Therefore, using stats going back to Shula is entirely appropriate to rebut your dismissal of heat in Sept/Oct.

But that was it? All this time and that's all you could come up with?
Greg

Hollywood, FL

#80 May 7, 2008
Sorry I've been out of town. Again who cares about what happened under Shula? We're talking about September 2008!!! If Shula is still so great, perhaps he should coach again.
Woodstrock wrote:
<quoted text> Greg - its been so long on this one, I almost forgot what this was about.
Actually, if you look up the original post that this was referencing, it had to do with a comment about when Shula was coach and the other AFC east teams would wilt in the heat. Therefore, using stats going back to Shula is entirely appropriate to rebut your dismissal of heat in Sept/Oct.
But that was it? All this time and that's all you could come up with?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utah State Aggies NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Utah State - College football's most underrated... (Oct '12) Oct '12 P_Smith 1
News The Morning After: Utah State-Wisconsin MVPs, F... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Matt from Columbus 2
News Former Miner Nick Vaught goes bowling with Utah... (Dec '11) Dec '11 football fan 1
News On and On with Bob Sansevere: NFL draft analyst... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Army CPT at Ft Lee 52
News Miner to Midshipman to Aggie - The Park Record (Feb '11) Mar '11 Local Observer 7
News Tough sledding: NMSU hangs tough, falls at Utah... (Nov '10) Nov '10 My Friend Mike 11
News BYU furthers losing streak to Utah State, 31-11 (Oct '10) Oct '10 Patrick 1
More from around the web