Sparano: Dolphins rookies need better...

Sparano: Dolphins rookies need better conditioning

There are 75 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 3, 2008, titled Sparano: Dolphins rookies need better conditioning. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

While the real evaluation won't take place until the players have pads on, this weekend's minicamp provided the Dolphins coaching staff with hints about what they have in their rookies and free agents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
marino13

Normal, IL

#1 May 3, 2008
Go Sparano! Bust their butts and get these guys in shape.
Duke

Germantown, TN

#2 May 3, 2008
Welcome to south Florida. It ain't hot yet! Kick butt coach!
Maury

AOL

#3 May 3, 2008
These cold weather rookies cant take the Fla heat....haha
13kvfins

Boca Raton, FL

#4 May 3, 2008
Knat farts in summer triple the humidity,makes golf practically unbearable!!But then again,I'm NOT 20 something yrs old anymore,SUKITUP Byz!
Ray from San Diego

Escondido, CA

#5 May 3, 2008
Hot fun from the summer-time! Wait up, no spring? Hehehe, that's South Florida weather boys, get used to it! How many times you think the 'Phins are going to practice under that PRACTICE BUBBLE from last year? Let's see how tough BP's guys really are...
kermit

Orlando, FL

#6 May 3, 2008
yes its gonna get hotter than miss piggys inner thighs.
kermit

Orlando, FL

#7 May 3, 2008
even after I rub it, rub it.
Dick

United States

#8 May 3, 2008
Looks to me like Coach Spermamo needs the conditioning...I think he went to the Wade Phillips coach conditioning camp.....
CrimestopperKen

AOL

#9 May 3, 2008
I wish Sporano and Company would take down Saban's pansy ass practice bubble. You have to play in the elements so why not practice in them?
Can't wait to see the players in shape like they haven't been since Shula!
Anna

Oakmont, PA

#10 May 3, 2008
kermit wrote:
yes its gonna get hotter than miss piggys inner thighs.
Okay, Buddy, that was just gross and uncalled for. Go Phins!
daninoz

Beaverton, OR

#11 May 3, 2008
"...long rage speed..."

Yup, that's the kinda speed we need.

“The Best Is Yet To Come...”

Since: Jan 07

South Florida

#12 May 3, 2008
CrimestopperKen wrote:
I wish Sporano and Company would take down Saban's pansy ass practice bubble. You have to play in the elements so why not practice in them?
Can't wait to see the players in shape like they haven't been since Shula!
The practice bubble is there so the players don't lose any workout time during lightning storms. Cam would use it for when it was just hot out, which hurt their conditioning badly (which showed from week #1).

The bubble should only be used when lightning is present and no other time. Shula used to work the players' butts off in the hot South Florida summer sun, and their conditioning was top shelf. It was a thing of beauty watching Marino and Co. barely breaking a sweat while the other (northern) team was bathing in the Cool Zone fan and sucking up oxygen.

Looks to me like Tuna the Head Coach is going to follow suit. YES!
Daryl

AOL

#13 May 3, 2008
What the Fish rookies really need is a better coach....and teammates that arent scrubs.....lmao
Say it aint so

Collierville, TN

#14 May 3, 2008
Just wait for July kids.
Aussie_Ken

Hesperia, CA

#16 May 3, 2008
I'm so pumped up! Finally we will have a team that is not babied like a bunch of pansies. Lets go! I love this!
cam

Miami, FL

#17 May 3, 2008
Daryl wrote:
What the Fish rookies really need is a better coach....and teammates that arent scrubs.....lmao
How old are you 10.
fins

Miami, FL

#18 May 3, 2008
Daryl wrote:
your dumb
JAK

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 May 3, 2008
The team president could lose a few pounds too.
the

Miami, FL

#20 May 3, 2008
Daryl wrote:
What a looser.
the

Miami, FL

#21 May 3, 2008
cam wrote:
<quoted text> How old are you 10.
Ni kidding he is an@ss

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utah State Aggies NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Utah State - College football's most underrated... (Oct '12) Oct '12 P_Smith 1
News The Morning After: Utah State-Wisconsin MVPs, F... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Matt from Columbus 2
News Former Miner Nick Vaught goes bowling with Utah... (Dec '11) Dec '11 football fan 1
News On and On with Bob Sansevere: NFL draft analyst... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Army CPT at Ft Lee 52
News Miner to Midshipman to Aggie - The Park Record (Feb '11) Mar '11 Local Observer 7
News Tough sledding: NMSU hangs tough, falls at Utah... (Nov '10) Nov '10 My Friend Mike 11
News BYU furthers losing streak to Utah State, 31-11 (Oct '10) Oct '10 Patrick 1
More from around the web