Miami Dolphins' top pick might not be...

Miami Dolphins' top pick might not be the only rookie starter

There are 37 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 2, 2008, titled Miami Dolphins' top pick might not be the only rookie starter. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Shawn Murphy was watching other Dolphins offensive linemen go through footwork drills and couldn't help but admire how smooth Jake Long moved in comparison to everyone else participating in this weekend's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GOOD POST

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#21 May 3, 2008
="Bill"]I've said all along Gholston was a steal at #6.

I see it was a short time, this slacker will be "the bust" of the 1st round. Some of it will not be his fault but the jets suck and coundn't develope any talent
BAD POST

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#22 May 3, 2008
Bill"]The only race the Fins will be in is the race for the top draft pick next year...

you're stupid and ignorant.
impressed

Chickasha, OK

#23 May 3, 2008
Wow, Bill. Do you have a professional writer who comes up with this stuff for you? I think your witty and intelligent comments should be made into a book. Just imagine; two hundred pages of hilarity like "Dolphuns Suck" or "They still suck" or 'I've always said Vernon...." Wel, you get the point. Keep posting Bill. You are a true American treasure.
Bill

AOL

#24 May 3, 2008
I keep screwing up, i meant Gholston was a bust for the Jets. Nothing but a combine freak he sucks. Then the jets trading for that TE was utter stupidity.
Bill

AOL

#25 May 3, 2008
GOOD POST wrote:
="Bill"]I've said all along Gholston was a steal at #6.
I see it was a short time, this slacker will be "the bust" of the 1st round. Some of it will not be his fault but the jets suck and coundn't develope any talent
My bad dude i meant mistake. How can he be a steal when none of the 1st five teams passed up oh him? Jets are morons they should have traded up.
Roger

AOL

#26 May 3, 2008
GOOD POST wrote:
="Roger"]I've said all along Merling was the steal the draft
Are you kidding me? A positive comment from troll Roger? I must be dreaming or he's off his meds again.
No i really like Merling
Bill

AOL

#27 May 3, 2008
I like the Merling pick too actually
Steve

Hilo, HI

#28 May 3, 2008
Miami will be switching over to a smash mouth offense at the perfect time. Teams are designing their defense to stop teams like the Pats and Colts using small Safeties and linebackers. Very few teams are equipped to stop a mammoth offense like the one Miami will have. So with that I predict 9 wins.
Ralph

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#29 May 3, 2008
The Dolphins lost many games because their defensive backfield weakened in the 4th quarter and I'm hoping by beefing up the defensive line with fresh young legs when we need them it will help keep us in the game. Our running game should be better but there are questions in the passing game. This is a three year process to resurrect this team. Two more drafts will bring us back to respectability. I wouldn't go out on a limb with this year's team. We might win 4-6 games and add 2 wins per season after that for 3 years. 2011 will be our year to shine with a 12-4 record!
marino13

Normal, IL

#30 May 3, 2008
JBC wrote:
Last year, the Dolphins were not as bad as their record indicated. The lnjuries in the defensive backfield and offensive backfield were significant in their decline. Most telling, however, was the poor coaching. This year I have a strong conviction that my Beloved Dolphins will surprise a lot of people. With BP&CO in charge, and new power in the trenches, I think we can have 7 or 8 victories, maybe more. GO DOLPHINS!!!!!
Absolutely agree. Dolphins didn't have depth last year, unlike now. Also, don't underestimate McCown. He has far more strengths than a 38 year old Green.
Maury

AOL

#31 May 3, 2008
The Fins lost many of their good players since last year,like Chambers,Shelton,Hadnot, both Bookers, Z Thomas and maybe even J Taylor, but I still think we can improve to 2-14 or maybe even 3-13.
Reality

Ormond Beach, FL

#32 May 3, 2008
cocoa joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct sir. And that's what a lot of people have wrong, including most "experts". I would be very surprised if we won fewer than 6 games, even with the amount of rookies that will start....which will be more than this article suggest.
I'm shooting for 8.
Cocoa...if we start 8 rookies, which I see as possible, with the addition of Bess at WR, who catches everything, we will be fortunate to win 6-7 games....it will take time for the youngsters to learn to win consistently at the NFL level, and we have a schedule that is tougher than a 1-15 schedule should be. Additionally, whoever starts at QB could not be asked or expected to win more, with a MAJOR question mark at RB (i.e. pot smoking talent and torn ACL talent).

If it's McCown, he'll have to be MUCH more consistent...if it's Henne or Beck, he'll have to be WAY ahead of the learning/maturity curve for this many wins this soon.

I'm a HUGE Fin fan, but that's just the reality of the situation...

hey....a 5-11 record will net us a top 10 pick, then a 42-45, plus whatever Jason's trade value is, as we go after DB's, LB's, and WR's next year!!!
Reality

Ormond Beach, FL

#33 May 3, 2008
Steve wrote:
Miami will be switching over to a smash mouth offense at the perfect time. Teams are designing their defense to stop teams like the Pats and Colts using small Safeties and linebackers. Very few teams are equipped to stop a mammoth offense like the one Miami will have. So with that I predict 9 wins.
Wow...the Hawaiian "green" is in perfect harvest!!!

I wish, like you, we will get nine wins, but with serious questions at RB and newbies at QB, or with an erratic Josh McCown, no matter HOW big we are (and we are), these are still youngsters, and our DBackfield is another serious question mark.

On the bright side, I truly believe the total 180 we did in special teams will wins us 2-3 games by ITSELF next year!!!!
Reality

Ormond Beach, FL

#34 May 3, 2008
will wins us....that was funny....
Good Day

Remsenburg, NY

#35 May 3, 2008
Wins are important this year ONLY if you care about what these silly Jets fans say (if only these morons could hear how the Jets are getting killed here for their draft and other moves.) The goal this year is to make football players out of these guys and cement the foundation for a GREAT three to five year run. Either Beck or Henne has to show something. I wasn't impressed with Beck and don't know enough about Henne. One of them needs to emerge as a No. 1 Phil Simms type of QB to lead this team. It's the only way we'll have a legitimate shot at Super Bowl title in the next three to five years.
DannyBoy

Bethlehem, PA

#36 May 3, 2008
Sorry Jake, NO sports figure 'earns' the prices they are paid. I was rootin for ya to be picked, and I'll be rootin for ya to succeed, but you don't will NEVER 'earn' that money, let alone deserve it.
Phin Lifer

Miami, FL

#37 May 9, 2008
Maury wrote:
The Fins lost many of their good players since last year,like Chambers,Shelton,Hadnot, both Bookers, Z Thomas and maybe even J Taylor, but I still think we can improve to 2-14 or maybe even 3-13.
Chambers was a cancer in the locker room. The only time he caught the ball was if it was a circus catch. Probably the only real good trade that Mueller made. The draft picks was well worth the trade for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utah State Aggies NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Utah State - College football's most underrated... (Oct '12) Oct '12 P_Smith 1
News The Morning After: Utah State-Wisconsin MVPs, F... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Matt from Columbus 2
News Former Miner Nick Vaught goes bowling with Utah... (Dec '11) Dec '11 football fan 1
News On and On with Bob Sansevere: NFL draft analyst... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Army CPT at Ft Lee 52
News Miner to Midshipman to Aggie - The Park Record (Feb '11) Mar '11 Local Observer 7
News Tough sledding: NMSU hangs tough, falls at Utah... (Nov '10) Nov '10 My Friend Mike 11
News BYU furthers losing streak to Utah State, 31-11 (Oct '10) Oct '10 Patrick 1
More from around the web