Miami Dolphins' top pick might not be...

Miami Dolphins' top pick might not be the only rookie starter

There are 37 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 2, 2008, titled Miami Dolphins' top pick might not be the only rookie starter. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Shawn Murphy was watching other Dolphins offensive linemen go through footwork drills and couldn't help but admire how smooth Jake Long moved in comparison to everyone else participating in this weekend's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bill

Candler, NC

#1 May 2, 2008
We had a rookie start last year, why not a few this year, as they say, the cream will rise in summer camp, I can't wait to see how this all turns out. Bill
Lurk

Hollywood, FL

#2 May 2, 2008
Tuna is building a steamroller offense to demolish opposing defense. It ain't gonna-be pretty.
Steve

Reno, NV

#3 May 2, 2008
Lurk wrote:
Tuna is building a steamroller offense to demolish opposing defense. It ain't gonna-be pretty.
Oh, its going to be real pretty, but I totally agree with you.

I think 3 rookies will start, Murphy and Merling are the other two. I think Langford will surprise as well and play a lot, but won't start.
Miami Dynasty

Ventura, CA

#4 May 2, 2008
We are going to have more than 3 rookies starting. I would think 4-5.
tex

United States

#5 May 3, 2008
hey sentinel, not to change the subject, but can you get rid of that damn picture of Trent Green and that chick with sunglasses. He's not on the team, hasn't been for awhile. You need to end the "dolphins pics" if there aren't any more recent ones out there. Get with the program, sun sent

Since: Jun 07

Newnan, GA

#6 May 3, 2008
Considering that 23 of the 53 man roster were new players/rookies last year, that left 30 from the 06 team. It looks to be even more this year out of that original 30 from the 06 team.
IF it is even the same, that would be a 46 player out of a 53 man roster change in just 2 years.
I do like where it is going though! This is gonna be a tough team!
Franco

AOL

#7 May 3, 2008
It's all a crap shoot....
even the bestest athletes and rookies can get injuries that will affect them for their whole career..

Let's see where the chips fall.......
JBC

Crystal City, MO

#8 May 3, 2008
Last year, the Dolphins were not as bad as their record indicated. The lnjuries in the defensive backfield and offensive backfield were significant in their decline. Most telling, however, was the poor coaching. This year I have a strong conviction that my Beloved Dolphins will surprise a lot of people. With BP&CO in charge, and new power in the trenches, I think we can have 7 or 8 victories, maybe more. GO DOLPHINS!!!!!
john

Miami, FL

#9 May 3, 2008
JBC wrote:
Last year, the Dolphins were not as bad as their record indicated. The lnjuries in the defensive backfield and offensive backfield were significant in their decline. Most telling, however, was the poor coaching. This year I have a strong conviction that my Beloved Dolphins will surprise a lot of people. With BP&CO in charge, and new power in the trenches, I think we can have 7 or 8 victories, maybe more. GO DOLPHINS!!!!!
They may do better but that is a big IF falls right... They will be, they will be everything they perfect on the practice field. This team will be prepared for everything AND BILL AND CO. WILL NOT ACCEPT FAILING FORWARD on game day.
The Giants had 3 OL rookie starters 4-5 years ago, now they draft 1 or 2 every year to replace the old and FA defectors.
STEVE

Indiantown, FL

#10 May 3, 2008
I hope they stay as healthy as possible, improve to maybe 6-10 or 7-9, and beat the Pats, Jets, and Bills!!! If Ricky can stay clean and with the team, and Ronnie returns healthy, look out in the ground game!!!

Since: Mar 08

Miami, FL

#11 May 3, 2008
We will be in the WILD Card this year...GO PHINS

Since: Jan 07

Cocoa Fl

#12 May 3, 2008
JBC wrote:
You are correct sir. And that's what a lot of people have wrong, including most "experts". I would be very surprised if we won fewer than 6 games, even with the amount of rookies that will start....which will be more than this article suggest.

I'm shooting for 8.
Roger

AOL

#13 May 3, 2008
I've said all along Merling was the steal the draft
The Joey

Orlando, FL

#14 May 3, 2008
I want to say we will 8 games. I think it will be 6-10 at max though. I believe our defense will let us down more than we realize this year.

But with our lines looking different, anything can happen "in the trenches".

Since: Mar 08

Goleta, CA

#15 May 3, 2008
No-Bama wrote:
We will be in the WILD Card this year...GO PHINS
Let's not get too carried away, but I do think this team can win 6 or 7 games, and do it with a lot of younger and rookie players. They'll learn and should make a good push next season for a wild card berth.

I'm encouraged by Murphy. He definitely has the size and the physical skills/strength. He's raw on technique, but he'll learn a lot in training camp. I would not be surprised if Murphy starts some this season too. I hope he does.
Bill

AOL

#16 May 3, 2008
I've said all along Gholston was a steal at #6.
Chris

Malibu, CA

#17 May 3, 2008
Did Roger just say some positive??

I must be dreaming.
Bill

AOL

#18 May 3, 2008
The only race the Fins will be in is the race for the top draft pick next year...and they're heavy favorites for that....LMAO
GOOD POST

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 May 3, 2008
"tex"]hey sentinel, not to change the subject, but can you get rid of that damn picture of Trent Green and that chick with sunglasses. He's not on the team, hasn't been for awhile. You need to end the "dolphins pics" if there aren't any more recent ones out there. Get with the program, sun sent

AND I THOUGHT I WAS THE OLY ONE THAT BOTHERED...
GOOD POST

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 May 3, 2008
="Roger"]I've said all along Merling was the steal the draft

Are you kidding me? A positive comment from troll Roger? I must be dreaming or he's off his meds again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utah State Aggies NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Utah State - College football's most underrated... (Oct '12) Oct '12 P_Smith 1
News The Morning After: Utah State-Wisconsin MVPs, F... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Matt from Columbus 2
News Former Miner Nick Vaught goes bowling with Utah... (Dec '11) Dec '11 football fan 1
News On and On with Bob Sansevere: NFL draft analyst... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Army CPT at Ft Lee 52
News Miner to Midshipman to Aggie - The Park Record (Feb '11) Mar '11 Local Observer 7
News Tough sledding: NMSU hangs tough, falls at Utah... (Nov '10) Nov '10 My Friend Mike 11
News BYU furthers losing streak to Utah State, 31-11 (Oct '10) Oct '10 Patrick 1
More from around the web