Lobos snap 18-game losing streak at Utah

There are 11 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Feb 23, 2008, titled Lobos snap 18-game losing streak at Utah. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

J.R. Giddens scored 19 points, including one of three straight 3-pointers down the stretch as New Mexico pulled ahead and then held on for a 72-71 win over Utah Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

Jim Steele

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Feb 23, 2008
Who cares. They suck. I hope Alford goes back to Indiana before he ruins our program like he did Iowa.
goobie

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Feb 23, 2008
Jim Steele wrote:
Who cares. They suck. I hope Alford goes back to Indiana before he ruins our program like he did Iowa.
What an unbelievably stupid comment, Jim Steele! The Lobos, a team in shambles after the McKay era, who were projected to finish last in conference are battling for the two spot. And you want Alford out?

Go Lobos!
Lobo H8ter

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Feb 24, 2008
Go back to Indiana Alfraud you carpet bagger.
matt hart

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Feb 24, 2008
after seeing tenesse and memphis last night how overrated. it is clear to me that the lobos are so much better then these two loser teams but why arent the lobos ranked. the lobos could outplay both these hillbilly team. giddens is better then anyone on them. coach alford is better coach then those loser coaches. cant wait for the march madness tournemtn to see unm dominate.
Coop Fan

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Feb 24, 2008
We should have hired Michael Cooper. He wouldn't be getting ready to leave.
David08

AOL

#8 Feb 24, 2008
If you don't care, Mr. Steele, then why are you even commenting here? And tell us all, what program did the Lobos have for Coach Alford to ruin? This is his first year, using some other coach's players (not the ones he recruited) and he has turned the program around already!

Mr. Lobo H8ter, Ah, never mind. Nothing to say to you.

Mr. Hart, I'm not sure how the Lobos would play against Memphis or Tennessee, but those are good teams, don't let the game last night fool you. They plan with a speed that I don't think the Lobos have really seen this year. Still, you never know. I think the Lobos are good, and Coach Alford has gotten a lot of good work out of them - more than most, if not all, our past coaches could have done. I can't believe Coach Fran has landed the job he has with ESPN as a commentator. Finally, UNM has gotten what appears to be a quality coach. Just hope things continue to improve and, perhaps, the Lobos will get ranked soon.
NM Hoosier

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Feb 24, 2008
Alford is not going anywhere. Go read the Indiana message boards. They don't want Alford because they know that he can't win in the big times. He is good for a mid major team like UNM that is not accustomed to playing upper tier competition like he had to play at Iowa. Who can't beat the cupcakes that UNM plays. Leave him in the minor leagues. He can't coach his way out of a paper bag in the Big 10 or any other major conference for that matter. At best he will be like Rocky Long at UNM. Nothing great but doing enough to make Lobo fans think he is doing something.
Mort Gordy

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Feb 24, 2008
Why all the hate for Coach A? He is brilliant. But it does pain me to say this but I believe we need to put Coach Flanagan out to pasture. Years of poor recruiting has caught up with him and the ladies program.
Jim Steele

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Feb 24, 2008
Vanson Mendoza wrote:
Jim Steele.......what is your problem bud????What a sour comment!!!!!!They suck??????Who Utah right???U better not be talking bout JR and da Boyz!!!!!Stupid comment there idiot!!!!!!!!
No I am talking about the Lobos. They suck and so does Alford. All you need to do is look at his blow out losses against UNLV and BYU to know all you need to about his coaching ability. Get him off the court.
Lobos Suck

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Feb 24, 2008
Lobos suck
Jeremy

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Feb 24, 2008
The Lobos made a good choice by picking a Basketball coach from a Big Ten School. They needed a top of the line Basketball Coach from a University in a Confernce like the Big Ten.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utah Utes NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Conor Clifford 7ft center to commit to Utah. Apr 19 UHB 1
News Refs struggle with new rules on elbowing | Buck... (Dec '10) Dec '10 southern buckeye 1
News No. 14 BYU wins 71-51 to sweep rival Utah (Mar '10) Mar '10 Patrick 1
News Utah's Marshall Henderson Suspended for One Gam... (Feb '10) Feb '10 William 1
News Boylen wasted no time getting Utah back to NCAAs (Mar '09) Mar '09 uteman 1
News Coleman Cited for Disorderly Conduct -- South F... (Aug '07) Sep '08 YO MAMA 40
News Rahe hired by Weber State (Mar '06) Jul '08 Mark Farish 7
More from around the web