Top OL recruit Christian Westerman cancels scheduled visit with USC Trojans

There are 5 comments on the www.examiner.com story from Jan 16, 2011, titled Top OL recruit Christian Westerman cancels scheduled visit with USC Trojans. In it, www.examiner.com reports that:

One of the top offensive linemen coming out of high school, Hamilton High School's Christian Westerman , canceled his campus visit with the USC Trojans that was scheduled for Friday and now appears to be favoring either the national champion Auburn Tigers or the Texas Longhorns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.examiner.com.

“I LOST A BET, SO I HAD TO GROW”

Since: Aug 09

THIS MUSTACHE. HAHA (WEIRDO)

#1 Jan 17, 2011
So much for USC being a pipeline for 5-star recruits...and so much for trojan fans saying "despite being on probation, USC will continue to draw the top recruits here" sorry trojan fans, those days are long gone. The OLine at USC is in desperation mode, they only have 2 OLinemen recruits and a couple of JC transfers, and they are still having a hard time quality LBs to commit.

#2 Jan 17, 2011
I forgot, one of the OLineman is actually a Long Snapper.

Since: Mar 09

Oxnard, CA

#3 Jan 17, 2011
Two JC OL transfers and one long snapper from Arizona, I believe.

Trojans seem able to get top tier skill players, but have glaring holes along the trenches on offense and defense.

Usually doesn't work out too well when that's the case.

#4 Jan 17, 2011
nleitere wrote:
Two JC OL transfers and one long snapper from Arizona, I believe.
Trojans seem able to get top tier skill players, but have glaring holes along the trenches on offense and defense.
Usually doesn't work out too well when that's the case.
yup, you gotta have a decent OLine to protect your QB or else he'll be running out the pocket and Barkley is just not that mobile. The OLine is not too bad but the problem is depth...they don't have any. What good is having all these receivers and RBs and in the long run their skills won't be utilized?

Since: Mar 09

Oxnard, CA

#5 Jan 18, 2011
Amen to that. They've filled some holes (more like stopgap JC's), but I think the depth issues will be even worse in 2011.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern California Trojans NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trojans in the NFL: Reggie Bush contributes in ... Dec '14 Patriots Club Chub 2
News Wolken: Usc Ad must answer for antics (Sep '14) Sep '14 perezantjr 1
News Cody Kessler Reportedly Named USC's Starting QB... (Sep '13) Sep '14 KAHUNA 2
CARDINAL AND GOLD LA ( Dodger ) hat (Oct '07) Jan '14 Albert Gerardo 2
News The 20 Most Likely Biggest Blowout Games of the... (May '12) Oct '13 Chosen Traveler 9
News USC Trojans: Defensive Preview (Oct '13) Oct '13 Bruin Nation 2
News Four USC Trojans 2012 commits on ESPNU Top 150 (Jun '11) Oct '13 RiccardoFire 132
More from around the web