Top OL recruit Christian Westerman cancels scheduled visit with USC Trojans

Jan 16, 2011 | Posted by: nleitere | Full story: www.examiner.com

One of the top offensive linemen coming out of high school, Hamilton High School's Christian Westerman , canceled his campus visit with the USC Trojans that was scheduled for Friday and now appears to be favoring either the national champion Auburn Tigers or the Texas Longhorns.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2011

“110 National Titles”

Since: Aug 09

AND COUNTING!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

So much for USC being a pipeline for 5-star recruits...and so much for trojan fans saying "despite being on probation, USC will continue to draw the top recruits here" sorry trojan fans, those days are long gone. The OLine at USC is in desperation mode, they only have 2 OLinemen recruits and a couple of JC transfers, and they are still having a hard time quality LBs to commit.

“110 National Titles”

AND COUNTING!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

I forgot, one of the OLineman is actually a Long Snapper.

Since: Mar 09

Oxnard, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Two JC OL transfers and one long snapper from Arizona, I believe.

Trojans seem able to get top tier skill players, but have glaring holes along the trenches on offense and defense.

Usually doesn't work out too well when that's the case.

“110 National Titles”

AND COUNTING!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

nleitere wrote:
Two JC OL transfers and one long snapper from Arizona, I believe.
Trojans seem able to get top tier skill players, but have glaring holes along the trenches on offense and defense.
Usually doesn't work out too well when that's the case.
yup, you gotta have a decent OLine to protect your QB or else he'll be running out the pocket and Barkley is just not that mobile. The OLine is not too bad but the problem is depth...they don't have any. What good is having all these receivers and RBs and in the long run their skills won't be utilized?

Since: Mar 09

Oxnard, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

Amen to that. They've filled some holes (more like stopgap JC's), but I think the depth issues will be even worse in 2011.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Southern California Trojans NCAA Football Discussions

Search the Southern California Trojans NCAA Football Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CARDINAL AND GOLD LA ( Dodger ) hat (Oct '07) Jan '14 Albert Gerardo 2
The 20 Most Likely Biggest Blowout Games of the... (May '12) Oct '13 Chosen Traveler 9
USC Trojans: Defensive Preview (Oct '13) Oct '13 Bruin Nation 2
Four USC Trojans 2012 commits on ESPNU Top 150 (Jun '11) Oct '13 RiccardoFire 132
No. 25 USC offensively inept in 10-7 loss to WSU (Sep '13) Sep '13 Musikologist 3
Cody Kessler Reportedly Named USC's Starting QB... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Trojan 1
Va. Tech's a contender; Tyrod set to breakout? (May '09) Aug '13 well its bama kid 848
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••