Eagles Select Usc QB Matt Barkley

Apr 27, 2013 Full story: CBS Local 25

Southern California quarterback Matt Barkley was the first pick of the fourth round of the NFL draft, taken by Philadelphia after a trade with Jacksonville.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Howard

Cherry Hill, NJ

#1 Apr 27, 2013
I'm confused as heck??? We passed up Geno Smith in second round for a tight end where we had already picked up one in free agency? Now we pick up a smaller non mobile QB in the 4th round with a weak arm?? Now we create confusion among team as to who the QB is going to be! I think this is going to backfire!! Should have traded Foles and picked up Geno in 2nd round! Geno behind Vick is a much better mix than a 3 ring circus Chip just created! This is the NFL not college!

“Pac 12 South front runners”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#2 Apr 27, 2013
Howard wrote:
I'm confused as heck??? We passed up Geno Smith in second round for a tight end where we had already picked up one in free agency? Now we pick up a smaller non mobile QB in the 4th round with a weak arm?? Now we create confusion among team as to who the QB is going to be! I think this is going to backfire!! Should have traded Foles and picked up Geno in 2nd round! Geno behind Vick is a much better mix than a 3 ring circus Chip just created! This is the NFL not college!
someone needs to hold the clip board & bring the starting QB water, Leinart taught "Pretty Boy" well.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#3 Apr 27, 2013
Howard wrote:
You will be looking for another QB next year. Geno Smith was a much better pick.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#4 May 14, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
someone needs to hold the clip board & bring the starting QB water, Leinart taught "Pretty Boy" well.
Nation please, do not give those Trojans any ammunition with regards to what quarterbacks might be holding :/

I just heard that Kevin Prince is now holding the seating arrangement clipboard as hostess at Pirate's Dinner Adventure Theater in Buena Park :(

Go Bruins, no NFL in sight but at least we make the dinner kids fright!
Shadoz

Northfield, NJ

#5 May 16, 2013
should have gotten rid of the Convick.....he's an awful q/b

West Hollywood, CA

#7 Jun 11, 2013
Shadoz wrote:
should have gotten rid of the Convick.....he's an awful q/b
Oh my, Convick! Hee hee

I just realized what you wrote sir. That is such a playful pun on words. All I can do is chuckle ;)

Hee hee
Shadoz

Northfield, NJ

#8 Jun 12, 2013
D S Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Says a vick hating troll who knows less about football than anything.
Clown you don't know me or what I know, and yes, get rid of the CONVICK!
Rodney King

Sulphur, LA

#10 Jun 12, 2013
Can't we all just get along?

West Hollywood, CA

#11 Jun 12, 2013
Shadoz wrote:
<quoted text>Clown you don't know me or what I know, and yes, get rid of the CONVICK!
Mister Shadoz, you misjudge my character sir :/

If you "know" me and what "I" know, I am one to publicly display (even flaunt) my thoughts and alternative Bruin lifestyle :)

My making comical mention of your pun of words is in actuality my acknowledgement of a very clever consummation on your part of summarizing Mister Vick and what he has done. I for one cannot forgive a human being for needlessly drowning canines :(

The fact that so many crazed football fans can overlook these deeds because he can pass his balls to others for the benefit of cheap Sunday entertainment, just makes me want to go out to the seedy side of town and release my frustrations ;)

West Hollywood, CA

#13 Jun 13, 2013
D S Day wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, she didn't reply to you, she replied to me. The rest of what I'm going to say probably won't sink in either if you can't even keep that straight, but here goes anyway.
The man served his time. Your "frustrations" are directed at the wrong people. "Football fans" didn't deliver his case or decide his fate. We're just living the reality, which is, a man is free to do what he wants after he's paid his debt to society. It doesn't mean we support animal abuse, we just live in the real world.
Get your facts straight before you bash the wrong group with your asinine assumptions. "crazed football fans can overlook these deeds". WRONG. No one overlooks them. That's where your assumptions make you look foolish. Just because a large group feels he's paid the price for what he did, makes you people automatically assume we condone his actions. ASSume. Get it ? Check yourself before anyone else, pal. You're not qualified to be the judge of him, or anyone for that matter. For someone who says "If you "know" me and what "I" know" you sure are quick to throw around what YOU believe other people think.
Come now Mister Day, putting your anger under management and your hard on for Mister Vick aside, deep down didn't that "Convick" pun give you a snicker... come now, be truthful, just a lil bit ;)

Go Bruins, Go Name Puns! Even though (con)Vick has nice legs, I prefer taller quarterbacks who don't drown things!

West Hollywood, CA

#15 Jun 13, 2013
D S Day wrote:
<quoted text>
First the idiot says "If you "know" me and what "I" know"
Then she says "now Mister Day, putting your anger under management and your hard on for Mister Vick aside"
Another hypocritical troll with nothing of value to say. Why am I not surprised. You're just another waste of time that can't handle the reality here. Vick's back and we all have to deal with it. Ask your shrink for help if you need to. LMAO !!
While I give you that yes I do ask my therapist (shrink is what angry people call them) for assistance on numerous occasions and have no qualms admitting that, I continue to find it ironic how enthusiastic sports fans will continue to defend athletes that play for a team they cheer for regardless of any detrimental activity they have done in society as long as it doesn’t affect their team from winning :/

Many of these acts are viewed by those outside of any football interest as repulsive, yet when one of these uninvolved non-fans display a sense of humor or distain for the athlete, over-enthusiastic sports fans chastise the non-fan, as if the inner circle sports fans have a better viewpoint on the athlete despite the subject matter being completely non-sports related :/

Mister Vick fans are even more dubious than Lakers fans who defend Mister Bryant and his orifice invasion of a female in Denver as “she asked for it" :/

The reality of things here my friend is that sports and real life can be separated and judged independently, though the sports fan takes any negative comment about "their" athlete as a personal attack. And hypocritical is those that cannot make a distinction between the two because they are clouded with the mentality of sports athletes first and foremost, with human beings coming in distant second :(

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Hemet, CA

#16 Jun 13, 2013
Howard wrote:
Yes you did! Sorry for your team. Weak ass QB.

West Hollywood, CA

#17 Jun 13, 2013
D S Day wrote:
<quoted text>
First the idiot says "If you "know" me and what "I" know"
If that statement alone helps you conclude me as idiot, then by all your means stay angry my friend. I wouldn't expect anything different from "vested" football fans who feel cornered when the porcelain figure of their favorite athlete shows a crack or breaks ;)

Go Bruins! People that know me, know I am the voice of Bruin reason post after post after post, and will not sugar-coat my team's shortcomings or displays of bad behavior!
TrojanWarrior

Diamond Bar, CA

#18 Jun 13, 2013
Matt will do just fine. He's no quitter and he's going to give it all he has in every game. Don't listen to these uclGAY fans who love to talk smack. there public school haven't done jack squat since the Ronald Reagan days.

West Hollywood, CA

#19 Jun 13, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you did! Sorry for your team. Weak ass QB.
Miss Wolfie, I get a weak ass sometimes, but I can assure you it is not for throwing balls around. It is from receiving them ;)

Go Bruins, Go Hot Rod Hundley, our only hope of a pro quarterback since the 1980's!

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#20 Jun 13, 2013
TrojanWarrior wrote:
Matt will do just fine. He's no quitter and he's going to give it all he has in every game. Don't listen to these uclGAY fans who love to talk smack. there public school haven't done jack squat since the Ronald Reagan days.
He's weak and hurt. Hope he got his degree.:)

West Hollywood, CA

#23 Jun 14, 2013
D S Day wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're a hypocritical idiot because you say "If you "know" me and what "I" know" then you ASSume what other people think. Even after what I think was explained to you.
Troll. Hypocrite. Idiot. All of the above.
Who is NOT hypocritical on Topix sir!
Through this format of relative anonymity, who is NOT a troll on Topix sir! Who is DS Day, Who is PP Pete!
Who does NOT make daily assumptions on Topix sir!
Who responded negatively to a question of previous questions when supposedly “explained” to sir!
Who is excluded from ALL of the above sir!

None of these are in question form because they are broad observations whether perceived factual or not. You need NOT respond because that too would be answering with your own set of ASSumptions ;)

Go Bruins, Go Topix! Freedom to express, rebut, and be ALL of the above!

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#24 Jun 14, 2013
D S Day wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're a hypocritical idiot because you say "If you "know" me and what "I" know" then you ASSume what other people think. Even after what I think was explained to you.
Troll. Hypocrite. Idiot. All of the above.
I concur!
Shadoz

Northfield, NJ

#25 Jun 16, 2013
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Mister Shadoz, you misjudge my character sir :/
If you "know" me and what "I" know, I am one to publicly display (even flaunt) my thoughts and alternative Bruin lifestyle :)
My making comical mention of your pun of words is in actuality my acknowledgement of a very clever consummation on your part of summarizing Mister Vick and what he has done. I for one cannot forgive a human being for needlessly drowning canines :(
The fact that so many crazed football fans can overlook these deeds because he can pass his balls to others for the benefit of cheap Sunday entertainment, just makes me want to go out to the seedy side of town and release my frustrations ;)
your reply is dumb! The Convick is a loser
just do it

Northampton, PA

#26 Jun 16, 2013
Shadoz wrote:
<quoted text>your reply is dumb! The Convick is a loser
This is why ALL the comments you make on this forum are subject to ridicule. How are we supposed to take you seriously when you can't even figure out when someone is on your side ? Even if they're a crackpot. Time to stop making yourself look stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern California Trojans NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wolken: Usc Ad must answer for antics Sep '14 perezantjr 1
Cody Kessler Reportedly Named USC's Starting QB... (Sep '13) Sep '14 KAHUNA 2
CARDINAL AND GOLD LA ( Dodger ) hat (Oct '07) Jan '14 Albert Gerardo 2
The 20 Most Likely Biggest Blowout Games of the... (May '12) Oct '13 Chosen Traveler 9
USC Trojans: Defensive Preview (Oct '13) Oct '13 Bruin Nation 2
Four USC Trojans 2012 commits on ESPNU Top 150 (Jun '11) Oct '13 RiccardoFire 132
No. 25 USC offensively inept in 10-7 loss to WSU (Sep '13) Sep '13 Musikologist 3

Southern California Trojans NCAA Football People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE